Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

Thank you.
Some of these people on this forum have serious issues with being realistic.
No one player is carrying this basketball team.
The team has had multiple players out all season long and others learning a completely new system facing a difficult schedule.
The setback for this team was the scheduling.
They could’ve been fully healthy and still should’ve never put together that kind of schedule of back to back to back games when trying to build a team.
It’s just people being negative instead of looking at the bigger picture.
And have the nerve to try to talk down on someone who points out how ignorant they are.

Two things can be true at one time. "Not one player carrying the team" may be true (definitely was today in the 4th quarter) but, one player IS carrying the post-season aspirations. I don't know why that's such a sticky point for people. She's a lottery pick. It's ok to say our season lives and dies on the game of Rickea.

Somebody needs to work with her on that shot 0 for 5 today and most were either to hard or off the side of the rim.

Watch this delta - Jackson rarely takes her eyes off the basket or square when starting to shoot, shooting and following the shot. In particular, when going to the basket or near
Jill needs to watch what Jackson does with her eyes when shooting. Puckett often has this affliction going to the basket, almost as if concerned about getting hit in the face.

Wynn was standing right by the VU player who made the last shot, and didn’t stop it. Maybe the player would make the free throws, maybe not.

You're right, Wynn was guarding the wing extended on that play. She helps but didn't get there in time.

I'm just not sure playing Puckett at center was a good idea for our last defensive possession of the half.

I’ll ask a simple question.
What that has to do with Tennessee?
Before you answer, can we pencil in a win over LSU?

Why do you need me to explain to you how the dominance of SC is going to lead to 2 additional Losses on the LV schedule??

LSU @ TN is the key in that one. We can/ could/ might beat them. Probably even might be favored slightly to beat them, so no I have that one as undecided on the schedule.

Two things can be true at one time. "Not one player carrying the team" may be true (definitely was today in the 4th quarter) but, one player IS carrying the post-season aspirations. I don't know why that's such a sticky point for people. She's a lottery pick. It's ok to say our season lives and dies on the game of Rickea.

You can say it.. that doesn’t make it true. No one player is carrying post-season aspirations.
Tennessee has a roster of players that have had individual success throughout their entire career.
The setback to this team building chemistry and being able to compete against Top 25 teams is playing together as a group.

Reactions: VolFuture
I listened to after game interviews and still do not have a clue about what happened to Jackson.I did not see where she was injured during the game .....did anyone else ? Hope whatever it is sickness or injury that she can come back for this next game...Ole Miss will be tough in Oxford.

I listened to after game interviews and still do not have a clue about what happened to Jackson.I did not see where she was injured during the game .....did anyone else ? Hope whatever it is sickness or injury that she can come back for this next game...Ole Miss will be tough in Oxford.
Asthma attack

I thought it was some kind of breathing problem she was on the floor late in the third quarter and was having trouble getting up. That is something bad to have never know when an attack will happen.
She was on post game interview and said that herself ?

Thank you..

Looks like RJ is going to be fine, people who think Tennessee can compete for SEC and National Championship without obviously the best player on the team are blind..

You can say it.. that doesn’t make it true. No one player is carrying post-season aspirations.
Tennessee has a roster of players that have had individual success throughout their entire career.
The setback to this team building chemistry and being able to compete against Top 25 teams is playing together as a group.

That's the challenge for every team, every year. Every team has new players to incorporate into the team every year. So this idea
that we need three-quarters of a season to learn to play together is silly.

Why do you need me to explain to you how the dominance of SC is going to lead to 2 additional Losses on the LV schedule??

LSU @ TN is the key in that one. We can/ could/ might beat them. Probably even might be favored slightly to beat them, so no I have that one as undecided on the schedule.

You don’t have to explain anything. I remember a better South Carolina team losing to a bottom half SEC team years ago with 8 players.
So you can chalk up two losses today based on your ignorance of predicting the future and end up right or wrong. Do you.

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine just happens to be different. I don't think the numbers this season bear out your perspective, but at the end of the day, opinions are like buttholes. We all have one, and this season won't be impacted in any way by the fact that our opinions differ.

You don’t have to explain anything. I remember a better South Carolina team losing to a bottom half SEC team years ago with 8 players.
So you can chalk up two losses today based on your ignorance of predicting the future and end up right or wrong. Do you.

I admire your tenacity and belief in this team, young buck.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They going to get out the way in the 2nd half.. Tennessee should win this one by atleast 10.
Vandy is the worse 17-2 team I’ve seen.
I think they are a really good team. Not in the league of SC or LSU, but they gave us all we wanted. Some tough play at the end of the game won it for us.

That's the challenge for every team, every year. Every team has new players to incorporate into the team every year. So this idea
that we need three-quarters of a season to learn to play together is silly.

If you think it’s silly then you either haven’t played sports or just lack knowledge of the sport because no new players are going to play quality basketball without being fully healthy against a Tennessee caliber non-conference schedule week to week.
Now had that put together a Texas A&M, MISS State, or Vandy type of schedule this team even 8 games without Rickea Jackson and Destinee Wells for the remainder of the season would have 15+ wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: coy moore
She was on post game interview and said that herself ?
Rice asked her what happened and she said it was asthma. I believe the quote was “Well, we were dealing with asthma.” She went on to say that everybody in the building knew something was going on, and commented on how having to play before without her helped the team

VN Store

Back