Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

What part of "all of those options" can you not comprehend?

Without NIL, Rickea, like other elite players would not be likely to hang around for their last year of eligibility. But, she can also also value gaining an extra year of maturity, personal development, etc. etc.

Nice dodge on responsibility. Holly was mentioned by someone else so I keep bringing her up in my posts!!!

How about keeping my faith out of the conversation? I appreciate Finster for his artistic brilliance and we can leave it at that.
you only can choose one option. Not hard to comprehend, so I believe me saying dough is what you call “not be likely to hang around for their last year of eligibility” without NIL. I’m a capitalist so I don’t blame her.

I didn’t bring in the Tourette’s comment, you did. Not sure we share the same faith.

And the Holly comments were an ongoing the last few days…which started with the casual fan saying “Holly inherited Pats players, and Kellie had the do a complete overhaul” which we know is a stretch. As she gets credit for 3 firsthand round WNBA players. But you read all of that so no need to rehash it. Be well in your journey in faith and mocking disabilities on your way. Great reminder about life is having a child with a progressive disease.

Howdy, mud. This looked like someone else’s work and perspective at the start. Very clear and mostly concise. Good job.

I would have pointed the following out to anyone else without hesitation, so please take no offense, but something I noticed on the SECN bottom screen crawl, irked me. When Tara achieved her 1,202nd win, they called it her 1,202th win. 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Well, I've got the SEC Network on right now, and they were introducing their own announcers and superimposed the script Dave Bradshaw.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
you only can choose one option. Not hard to comprehend, so I believe me saying dough is what you call “not be likely to hang around for their last year of eligibility” without NIL. I’m a capitalist so I don’t blame her.

I didn’t bring in the Tourette’s comment, you did. Not sure we share the same faith.

And the Holly comments were an ongoing the last few days…which started with the casual fan saying “Holly inherited Pats players, and Kellie had the do a complete overhaul” which we know is a stretch. As she gets credit for 3 firsthand round WNBA players. But you read all of that so no need to rehash it. Be well in your journey in faith and mocking disabilities on your way. Great reminder about life is having a child with a progressive disease.
First off, I am sorry to hear about your child's illness. I wish you both the best.

Second, I was not mocking people with Tourette's syndrome. I was mocking your post, but in hindsight, my choice of reference was poor. My apologies to all those living with this form of neurodivergence.

You can only choose one option? Shhh, don't tell that to customers of Baskin-Robbins, double majors, people that own dogs and cats, and many other life situations and choices that don't fit into binary options. Life is not a multiple choice test.

Anyway, glad you learned something about Howard Finster, though if only to weaponize it. I would expect nothing else from you.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
For those that continue to bash Tess, she had the best plus/minus in the game Sunday.
Justine only got one shot vs Tess . It was miss
Justine hiT tw three's vs Sara and one over Key.
Tess guarded Justine some before the fourth quarter.
But the fourth quarter stand's out
because after Justine hits a three over Key and a step back vs Sara in the third quarter.
Tess kepts Justine to one miss in the fourth quarter. Tess stay closer to her than Sara KeY and others.
Justine takes three shots in the first quarter.
Justine takes two shots in the second quarter.
Justine hits a three over Key . Then a step back vs Sara. Then a miss vs key. For three shots in the third quarter.

Then in fourth quarter JUSTINE was feeling it. pointing to her ear after step back vs Sara in the third quarter.
The staff kept Tess Darby on Justine keeping her to one miss in the fourth quarter. Tess was what the coaches went with to answer Justine do you hear me now after step back on Sara in the third-quarter.
Must been some one in Peter Pan land stole some of tinker bell dusk.
Or Tess it might be Tess not as bad defender as some say.

Tess guarded Justine well before the fourth quarter. I Guess the staff noticed to.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Justine only got one shot vs Tess . It was miss
Justine hiT tw three's vs Sara and one over Key.
Tess guarded Justine some before the fourth quarter.
But the fourth quarter stand's out
because after Justine hits a three over Key and a step back vs Sara in the third quarter.
Tess kepts Justine to one miss in the fourth quarter. Tess stay closer to her than Sara KeY and others.
Justine takes three shots in the first quarter.
Justine takes two shots in the second quarter.
Justine hits a three over Key . Then a step back vs Sara. Then a miss vs key. For three shots in the third quarter.

Then in fourth quarter JUSTINE was feeling it. pointing to her ear after step back vs Sara in the third quarter.
The staff kept Tess Darby on Justine keeping her to one miss in the fourth quarter. Tess was what the coaches went with to answer Justine do you hear me now after step back on Sara in the third-quarter.
Must been some one in Peter Pan land stole some of tinker bell dusk.
Or Tess it might be Tess not as bad defender as some say.

Tess guarded Justine well before the fourth quarter. I Guess the staff noticed to.
Justine is a baby giraffe in regards to athleticism. Tess struggles with athletic players as does Puckett, not sure holding JP to 9 points is their breakout game as she scored more than her average.

Justine is a baby giraffe in regards to athleticism. Tess struggles with athletic players as does Puckett, not sure holding JP to 9 points is their breakout game as she scored more than her average.
Watch the game again.
I waTch four times.
Justine only gets one off vs Tess a miss.
Tess went one for two vs Justine Tess got the better of Justine that game.
No matter your commits Tess shut her down in the fourth quarter.
And Tess guarded her some before the fourth quarter.
Justine no POINT S VS TESS!!!!

Watch the game again.
I waTch four times.
Wasn’t it promoted here that she was taken out in the fourth and if I recall didn’t start the fourth? Seems limited time means limited opportunities to shoot, which would benefit Tess. Looking at the box score she played 18 mins total. Just for record, I’ll watch a game once. I’m not doing scouting reports and wondering where it went wrong.

Wasn’t it promoted here that she was taken out in the fourth and if I recall didn’t start the fourth? Seems limited time means limited opportunities to shoot, which would benefit Tess. Looking at the box score she played 18 mins total. Just for record, I’ll watch a game once. I’m not doing scouting reports and wondering where it went wrong.
Justine only gets one
shot vs Tess that she was in the fourth quarter.

Tess guarded some before the Fourth quarter.
Justine played in the fourth quarter.
Didn't recalled saying Justine started the fourth quarter.

Justine hits a three on Sara.
Justine missed a two guarded by Sara.
Justine missed a two guarded by Sara.
Sara missed a two guarded by someone else.
1st
Justine missed a three guarded by someone else.
Sara missed a putback guarded by someone else.
Sara missed a jumpergguarded by someone else.
Justine missed a jumper guarded by someone else.
Sara hit a two guarded by someone else.
2th quarter ends

Justine hits a three guarded by someone else.
Sara hits a layup Justine chasing fast break.
Justine hits a step back Three on Sara.
Sara missed a three guarded by Justine.
Justine missed a three guarded by someone else.
Sara drive for a layup guarded by someone else.
3th

Justine missed a three guarded by Tess
Sara hits one of two Free throws Vanderbilt had to foul.

4th

Tess shots.
Tess misses a three guarded by someone else.
Tess hits a three guarded by Justine Vanderbilt in a zone defense.
Tess draws a foul driving to basket makes two Free throws guarded by someone else.
Tess hits a Three guarded by someone else.
Tess missed a three guarded by Justine.

Justine hit two miss three guarded by Sara. 2 for 5
Justine missed a Three guarded by Tess.

Sara hit one and missed

one guarded by Justine. 1 for 2

Tess hits one and missed one guarded by Justine.

Justine never scores on Tess.
Tess and Justin guarded each other when both was in the game.
Tess kept Justine from Scoring in the 4th quarter .
So what you're saying is Justine missed her 3 guarded by one of theslower defenders and hit 3 of them guarded by better defenders

It's all in how you look at t hings MC

So what you're saying is Justine missed her 3 guarded by one of theslower defenders and hit 3 of them guarded by better defenders

No that's what I am saying.
Tess held Justine to one shot the whole gamee.
Justine only shots one shot in the fourth quarter.
After shoting 3 first 2 second 3 third quarter
Justine only shot once in the fourth quarter vs Tess.
Justine vs Sara went 2 for 5
Justine went 1 ffor 2 vvs Key
JJustine Zero for one vs TESS
When both Justine and TESS were in the game they guarded each other.

TESS made one THREE vs Justine guarding Tess and missed one Tess Darby went 1 or two vs Justine.
Tess got got better of their time guarding each other.

Tess is not slower than Key who is Tennessee rim protector.
Do not think Sara faster than TESS.
But Sara a better post defender than Tess.
@Coach Jumper

Last edited:
No that's what I am saying.
Tess held Justine to one shot the whole gamee.
Justine only shots one shot in the fourth quarter.
After shoting 3 first 2 second 3 third quarter
Justine only shot once in the fourth quarter vs Tess.
Justine vs Sara went 2 for 5
Justine went 1 ffor 2 vvs Key
JJustine Zero for one vs TESS
When both Justine and TESS were in the game they guarded each other.

TESS made one THREE vs Justine guarding Tess and missed one Tess Darby went 1 or two vs Justine.
And the
One Justine shots vs Tess Darby was close to her hands up.
Tess stuck to Justine better.
Justine only got shot vs Tess the whole game.
Tess guarded her some before the fourth quarter.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

Tess had a much better game overall Sunday which was good to see. She needed that.

Tess would not have been in the game late if Rickea had not gotten sick.

Justine was not a defensive priority, and actually had very little impact on the game. Except that first "in your eye" 3 which I had to feel happy for her over.

Meant to add earlier that the crowd Sunday was awesome, esp for a day as frozen in as Sunday was. The fact I made it from car to TBA and back without busting ass is a miracle.

Tess had a much better game overall Sunday which was good to see. She needed that.

Justine was not a defensive priority, and actually had very little impact on the game. Except that first "in your eye" 3 which I had to feel happy for her over.

Meant to add earlier that the crowd Sunday was awesome, esp for a day as frozen in as Sunday was. The fact I made it from car to TBA and back without busting ass is a miracle.
Tess kepts Justine to one miss.
and made hard for Justine to shot.
Justine had mises guarded by Sara Powell Key Tess
They be games where Tess Darby not best Defender on a player. But this one she held her own vs Justine and then some.

Justine hit a three guarded by Sara
Justine missed a long three guarded by Powell.
Justine hits three guarded by Key who had close out late on Justine. Key shouldn't have had to guard Justine.
Justine gets free from Sara who was guarding her in man defense Justine step back to hit a three on Sara.
Justine missed a three guarded by Key
Justine missed a three guarded by Tess.

That's Justine Three point shots

Already had information on my notes I'm done Going in circles Tess had good game vs Justine.
No matter how anyone spin it.

Justine hit a three guarded by Sara
Justine missed a long three guarded by Powell.
Justine hits three guarded by Key who had close out late on Justine. Key shouldn't have had to guard Justine.
Justine gets free from Sara who was guarding her in man defense Justine step back to hit a three on Sara.
Justine missed a three guarded by Key
Justine missed a three guarded by Tess.

That's Justine Three point shots

Already had information on my notes I'm done Going in circles Tess had good game vs Justine.
No matter how anyone spin it.
Not picking on Sara who guard Justine 2 for 5 overall.
And that step back Justine used a Tennessee and Vanderbilt player to get away from Sara.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

We can all be sure that Justine wanted to make a statement against former teammates. And vice versa. It's the nature of the beast. There's been some fuss that she not only transferred, but to an "arch" or even "hated rival;" but the financials to such a move are worth considering. Because, if what we've read and been told is accurate, Vanderbilt is one of our nation's finest academic institutions. And not that U T is a bad place to school, but this move could pay off in a big way. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

As to her game on Sunday - and with due credit to our defenders, and aside from the three made threes - when she chose, Miss Pissot was able to find, but barely miss a couple mid-range jumpers. In fact, I sensed, early on, that she was actually schemed to get those touches. It didn't work out as well as she might've liked, but the shots were there ...which left me of the opinion that she could become a more viable "threat" (whatever that means) moving forward. Rebounding? Yes, she needs to be more aggressive. But she has a good handle for a tall girl, and while I agree with the low "defensive priority,' I think she is fully capable of scoring against any defender we have, other than possibly Rickea, who would be considered more valuable elsewhere.

*To be clear, none of this is to disagree with you; only my personal observations that, Justine's offensive potential is quite high.

Last edited:
Watch the game again.
I waTch four times.

I'm happy Darby played decently--but you don't have to be a great defender to guard Pissot. You basically have to just stay close to her when she's at the Three line--which is where she usually is. She's not a player who's going to take the ball to the basket.

Reactions: travis929

You're saying that Sara and Tamari are better perimeter defenders than Tess? I don't think so. I think all three of them are not great perimeter defenders, but Tess might be quicker and the better PERIMETER defender.

Reactions: mudcat1973
I'm happy Darby played decently--but you don't have to be a great defender to guard Pissot. You basically have to just stay close to her when she's at the Three line--which is where she usually is. She's not a player who's going to take the ball to the basket.
Yes Tess just stay in her personal space more .Justine missed a long one guarded by Powell hit rim and bounce off. Wynn could stay with Justin e.
Powell just little to short to guard Justine or 6 5 trees.
Justine only made one THREE someone guarding her one on one. First one vs Sara.
The second one Justine used a Vanderbilt and another lady Vols as a pick to free her for a step back on Sara. Three pointer.

The third three Justine hit Key close out late. Easy three for Justine.

Tess didn't do nothing most of the lady Vols need to do more stay closer to offense player.
Even more went Their not faster than you.

I hope all is well with Coach J, I probably won't be able to check back in prior to the game with Ole Miss today for the game thread, but for once I'm pretty confident in a win for Our Lady Vols. The only way I see us losing is if we lose the combined turnover and offensive rebounding battle by 10 plus. Ole Miss does not shoot the ball well, and they seem like a good matchup for us. Herhoops has us ranked 32 and Ole Miss 45.

VN Store

Back