Game Thread: Tennessee (14-7, 7-2 SEC) @ Alabama Crimson Tide (18-6, 5-4 SEC), 7:00 PM (EST), Live Stream SECN+

On offense, we just stand around and never run a play. Then on defense, we are very slow in getting a defender in position to make their offense work for their shots. So far in this second half, our play has been the worst I have seen this year. Right now, we do not deserve an NCAA bid. No one can win playing basketball flat footed

Reactions: Ratvol
We're only down by 12. If we all blame the refs hard enough…

Oh! That won't change the score? Darn.

Game over. Taking Rickea out and putting Darby in when down 10 is literally just waving the white flag.
Yes, something is not right there.

Curry is a good coach. She pretty much has nothing to work with on her team this year and is beating us pretty good right now.

Gonna have to wake up right now or it will be too late.

Reactions: VolBall09
On offense, we just stand around and never run a play. Then on defense, we are very slow in getting a defender in position to make their offense work for their shots. So far in this second half, our play has been the worst I have seen this year. Right now, we do not deserve an NCAA bid. No one can win playing basketball flat footed
And teams like Alabama always run a play for their point guard to go one on one and get an open jumper from the free throw line.

Team takes on the personality of the coach. Faster teams can keep RJ and Spears in check meaning others have to pick up the slack.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. When I was in attendance at the A&M loss, the Aggies went on their run and there was no talking by the entire staff. They all sat there. I couldn't believe it.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Alabama really isn’t even playing that well we are just playing like garbage. Looks like A&M all over again. Standing around, nobody wants the ball, nobody wants to score. Just boring to watch.

Oof. The nightmare scenario I feared is happening. Alabama only gains momentum the longer the game goes on and the bigger their lead. They're not going to slow down, and that 10 point deficit we've got now feels more like 25.

I know Tennessee has it in 'em to come back, but MAN. It's gonna take maximum effort and quite a bit of luck to do it.

Darby Puckett and Striplin should never all 3 play together. And Bama is doing the same play over and over with a post screening up top. Quit going under!!! Curry is out coaching the hell out of this UT staff. Add the fact RJ doesn't look herself. She seems pissed at her own team. Doesn't look good right now.
Nor Jackson, wynn and Powell. Shot shot turnover no defense.

I’ve said it before.. you can’t keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Tennessee’s staff need to throw away this philosophy and idea of playing a certain type of basketball..

VN Store

Back