Game you are most excited about next year.

Which game are you most excited to see next year?

• Total voters
:ermm:The vandy game is going to be big, i will say a bowl bid will be on the line plus they kicked our azz last year and them coming to Knoxville if they win then its on, they will have earned the right to call this a big game, i hate to say this but this is our biggest game next year, so sad we fell this far that vandy is the biggest game of the year plus who win might jusy sway a couple of recruits if vandy is winning Oh JF will be blowing alot of smoke, we cant lose to them BOS this year so this is why this is the biggest game of the year think about anf if they beat us again oh heck what we will have to live with, so we cant lose this game this game is BIG if you really sit back and look at it the effect it could have on both schools not just us.

The Vandy game is only big to Vandy fans. If we are measuring the success of the season based on that game then the season is already a failure. It is not and never will be a significant game. If we lose to them it means we suck, not that Vandy is a powerhouse.

I wonder what this board would look like if Tennessee beat Florida or Alabama.

This would blow the lid off of Pandora's box of Big Orange possibilities...and I would probably be right there, orange glasses on, and holding a glass half full...

Wow! Just reading your post is depressing as hell in considering how far UT has fallen.

Once, we have stability on the coaching staff and have several good recruiting classes, we will begin to win.

The coaching staff has to build the winning attitude back on the team. We can't give up like certain players did against Kentucky in 2012!!!

When we get in to a bowl game and win the bowl game, then I will know that we are on our way back!!!!!

As we are building our team, brick by brick, some of the top S.E.C. teams will be slipping and we will catch them and surpass them. The teams at the top of the S.E.C. can't logicallly stay there every season.....

The Vandy game is only big to Vandy fans. If we are measuring the success of the season based on that game then the season is already a failure. It is not and never will be a significant game. If we lose to them it means we suck, not that Vandy is a powerhouse.

What if winning the Vandy makes us bowl eligible??? Then it would have meaning to it, right???

I seriously doubt we win, but I'm really looking forward to the Oregon game. I like that team, like their style, and their stadium/environment. Should be entertaining... And if we can win OR keep it within a 10-point game, then huge process has been made IMO

What if winning the Vandy makes us bowl eligible??? Then it would have meaning to it, right???

No more than beating Austin Peay, Western Kentucky or Kentucky. A bowl game, though elusive with Dooley, is a pretty easy accomplishment. It takes a .500 record and a .500 record at Tennessee is not really good. Beating Vandy is not something we should be "excited" about.

Reactions: 1 person
I live in Nashville and have had to endure endless amounts of crap from Vandy fans and their once in a lifetime win over the Vols. So, I hope we crush Vandy this year and I'm looking forward to seeing it happen.

I think the Florida game will be huge this year, just like every year. I expect Oregon to crush us but if we can manage to stick it to Florida in the swamp I think we can set the stage for a really good year.

No more than beating Austin Peay, Western Kentucky or Kentucky. A bowl game, though elusive with Dooley, is a pretty easy accomplishment. It takes a .500 record and a .500 record at Tennessee is not really good. Beating Vandy is not something we should be "excited" about.

Agree. The fans that keep harping on getting to a bowl game need to dig a little deeper. What has a team accomplished when it beats: APSU, WKU, S. Alabama, UK, Vandy, Missouri, and a crappy team in a bowl? NOTHING!!!!

Had UT beaten Missouri last year, they would have gone to some sh&tty bowl game and played against some sh&tty team. Would you really feel that much better about the program? I don't see how you could considering you lost to UF, UGA, Bama, USC, Miss. State...you know, all the teams that were good.

Reactions: 1 person
which game, for whatever reason are you most excited for on next years football slate? Maybe its revenge against Vandy? Maybe its wanting to slaughter Petrino at western, maybe its the fast paced matchup against oregon in eugene. Theres several interesting matchups next year in addition to our usual suspects and huge rivals like georgia, florida and bama. For me its Oregon. Great chance to make a big impression against a very nationally relevant program and get some good exposure on the west coast. I hope our offense can get the fast pace down by then because if so it could create a really exciting game!

Next year? The 2014 season????????????????
Shoot man, I dunno.

Florida! I'm ready for a huge UT upset in gainesville---I'll be partying all night at the gville clubs after that win.

Alabama. Alabama.. Alabama...

AMEN! Tennessee vs. Alabama is THE game of the year. Id happily lose 11 to win that 1! This year we get a shot at the DNC Bama team in their house. NOTHING could be better than an upset by our Vols. Go Vols! Kill Bama!

I would like to see a game that I know we will win. Other than Kentucky, South Alabama or Austin Peay, we are not assured a win.

Of the remaining games, all but one of those teams has beaten us in recent history. The exception being Western Kentucky; which could out coach us....

Do you really get excited to watch a game that we will most likely lose?????

Hell Yeah! Every game has to be playes on the field. I hate Florida, Georgia, and Bama always. So i'm excited to those games always.

Gators
Those darn Gators a long losing streak how excellent would it be to end the losing streak in the first year of New Head Coach, and New Qb in the Swamp.
Was there a mockery of Rocky top as Rocky Flop? If there was it makes me hate the Gators even more.

Crimson Tide
Another game vs a powerhouse where I would say they have a 5 percent chance maybe 8 percent they are a familar rival.
Play a better game vs the Tide where they keep up wth them all 3 and half quarters very slim chance of 4, score more than 21 points, and keep it from becoming a blowout.

Ducks
I would say a 5 percent chance of beating the Ducks, play a better game vs the Ducks on the road scoring more points, not likely to beat the Ducks but show when it gets hard this is a team they will not quit.
It's going to compete until all 4 quarters have been played.
It could be one of those games that shows "Any Given Saturday" even if Ducks win not as easily as most thought they would.

Oregon! Tennessee needs to keep the tradition of playing a big name out of conference team! Hey it is going to be tough going up there but nothing about football is easy!

Oregon. New Coach , black cloud of major violations and a duck's quack does echo. The mystique is gone.

Oregon! Tennessee needs to keep the tradition of playing a big name out of conference team! Hey it is going to be tough going up there but nothing about football is easy!

Tenn does get very good credit outside of the SEC for being willing to play major non-conference games. LSU gets credit as well.

VN Store

Back