Gay Sex in Humpback Whales?

So….if we go whale watching, does that officially make voyeurs now?

Is this proof of homosexuality in the animal kingdom or is this just a couple of confused whales?

The gay community would like us to believe the former. I wasn't aware that whales had recreational sex to begin with

It interesting most scientist will openly admit that using the human meaning of homosexuality doesn't always translate to the animal kingdom...and in almost all instants of this behavior happens for several reasons...overabundance, over population, lack of mates
.for instance the famous gay penguins when introduced back to a packnwoth plenty of female choose a female even after years of being "gay" with another male penguin..the lesbians seagulls choose a male once more were available to them...the most of interesting theroy I've read that homosexuality being natural is population control...but they always circle back to no genetic markers to distinguish gay from straight.

And all the other documented cases of whales? Was there always a dying whale involved there too?

The many documented encounters of male giraffes?
The many documented encounters of male elephants?
Bison?
Big horn sheep?
Pinnipeds?
Did you not read those articles? There aren't other documented cases of whales having any kind of sex. Thus we don't know what's going on here

Did you not read those articles? There aren't other documented cases of whales having any kind of sex. Thus we don't know what's going on here
There aren’t other cases of humpback whales engaged in copulation. There are many cases of whales engaged in homosexual behaviors.

And giraffes, and elephants, and bison, and sheep, and walrus, and seals…

Reactions: NashVol11
Fish, Frogs, Jellies - those are the types of animals that are documented changing sex for reproductive purposes.

It’s not documented in higher functioning, social animals like homosexual behaviors are.
And all done without surgery and the new bits actually work as intended. Amazing.

I have to admit I'm a little surprised it's gone this long without something along the lines of "Don't they mean Brokeback whales?" being thrown out.

Reactions: LouderVol
In some distant age, in some distant dusty book, I read the following. Among some animals, those in lower hierarchy, denied females to mate with, will seek to satisfy the mating urge with other denied males. Two years agon, there was a documentary about elephant seals trying to mate with empire penguins as well. It's known to happen in the animal kingdom, we don't always know why.

Now that dog video, I've seen such behavior, and wonder if the perfume or cologne contains a unintended pheromone signal scent.

VN Store

Back