George McIntyre : His school went 2-10 last year. How is he so highly rated ?

Watching this reel you can tell he is a legit 5*. he feels pressure in the pocket and moves up in the pocket to buy time. He has excellent touch and great deep ball accuracy. He also runs tough, does not shy away from contact. He can make all the throws, even the deep out. I love the drone highlights, its like playing madden lol!
Notice how well he moves his feet?...Peyton didn't have that mobility when he came here.

Reactions: tncolt55
BA is a traditional powerhouse....I know I coached and we played them several times over the years when Carlton Flatt was their coach...BA has state championship banners that rival Maryville and Alcoa. Back when there was just 3 classifications they'd win state championships in A...they'd moved up and win it in AA...then they'd move up and win it in AAA.

I watched McIntyre play over the last few years because my kid played for a competing school. First things first, he is not the best qb I have seen play in the last few years in the "privates" as I call DIVII. He is one of the best college prospects I have seen size and skill being considered. Will Muschamp's kid was better as a HS QB, he played for Baylor. A couple of dual threat qb's were much better Glenn and Reed and many others come to mind. Jaydon Neal from Knox Catholic is in the mix, just not of the caliber as a major college recruit. Father Ryan had a kid they could not keep healthy that was a "prospect, I have no idea what happened to him. The Privates are just another level of football even when you consider the power house publics that won and continue to win State Championships. Lipscomb Acad had 20+ Div 1 players on their roster and was rated nationally. They had a qb in and out of there that was a Major College prospect and others that was there and ended up on the field this year. Somebody mentioned Christian Brothers on this thread, they have had some great talent mentored by the brothers. I could post a book on what is wrong with the TSSAA designations, but nobody wants to hear it or cares. The privates will gripe that the boarding schools have an advantage among the privates. The publics say that private schools that are not boarding schools have kids that are not in their geographical areas and such should not compete against publics. The whole time they are recruiting kids into their districts using the rules if they can play sports at a high level, but that is OK. As Tupac said, "Thats just the way it is"

If Nico is here for 4 years then he isn’t anywhere near the QB we thought he was.
you sit behind the starting QB for 2 years anyways. Gives you time to develop and be ready to start. Plus you have to be ready because you are always 1 play away from starting. god forbid. The world of NIL unfortunately has given young players a sense of instant gratification of not having to sit. How this staff works around that will be interesting to say the least. But G-Mac reminds me of Tyler Bray with more athleticism.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I do not follow high school football much so genuinely curious: How is a guy from 2-10 high school so highly rated ? #2 in 2025 class ?
Also how did his school make it to State Quarterfinals with a 2-10 record ?

(not trying to be negative. I understand it is a team game. I am genuinely elated to land a QB this highly rated. Just trying to understand what happened to his team ..)

The state rankings seem VERY odd. The #2 ranked player in the state committed to PURDUE and his other offers were from Auburn Arkansas Arkansas State and Alabama State. Seems like schools know something about him we don't know.

And he's a CB which UT is desperate for. You would expect us to be all over his radar.

Actually Jim Brown should have?
Fair enough. All the finalist were seniors, as it should be.
I've talked about this before. When you give a freshman the Heisman you're just asking for problems.
Manziel ... enough said.
Winston....ehh yeah probably enough said as well.

Pretty much every private school makes the playoffs because there are so few of them. There are always 4-6 public school teams and sometimes 3-7 teams that make the playoffs each year too. There are too many classes and some regions only have 5 or 6 teams so all you have to do is finish with the 4th best record in your region and boom, you are in the playoffs. Don't even get me started about having to drive 1-1/2 hours for a region game.
I noticed they played at both Baylor and McCallie.

Last edited:
Goodness, I watched the highlight reel someone shared, he was facing pressure on almost every play!

I do not follow high school football much so genuinely curious: How is a guy from 2-10 high school so highly rated ? #2 in 2025 class ?

(not trying to be negative. I understand it is a team game. I am genuinely elated to land a QB this highly rated. Just trying to understand what happened to his team ..)

There are other players that impact the outcomes of the game.

It just shows that you need more than one player to win in football!!!
They (BA) have tons of talent..........but several of those players are divas(not GM) that strictly play just for themselves............just saying

Watch his hudl it's pretty amazing

We won round 1 in his recruitment, now on to round 2, round 3, round 4. The entire team must be re-recruited every year.

When I looked at their schedule, it seems they played all the highest ranked schools in Tennessee last year in every game. They beat my high school Christian Brothers from Memphis last year as well and they are usually pretty good.
Yeah. CBHS was tough when I was in school.

If Nico is here for 4 years then he isn’t anywhere near the QB we thought he was.
I agree with that as long as he is totally healthy his whole time.If there were a mid year injuries that sets him back that might change things. I think that's why his family wanted to RS if possible or if not needed. So he could adjust if needed and in this day and time the more years you have available gives you the flexibility to transfer if you get beat out due to injury or a better option. Then you still have time to find a better landing place but I expect him to have a great 2 years and hopefully injury free and on to the NFL.

VN Store

Back