• leghumpers

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • gumps

Votes: 52 36.9%
  • giant meteor

Votes: 63 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure how much I can gather from this game. Good halftime adjustments by Georgia to limit Milroe's effectiveness. But much of their comeback on the offensive side was becuase Bana's secondary was abysmal.

Time after time Beck was just throwing up moon balls, many of which were underthrown, and Bama's DBs just never looked back until the final play. Terrible defensive coaching there.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Bama probably will make the playoffs, not sure UGA is. They have to win 2/3 between us, Texas, and Ole Miss.

While not impossible, I think it is going to be difficult for a 2-loss team to make the playoffs. But that depends upon what happens in the other conferences. Ultimately the top 10 will be made up of the undefeated and 1 loss teams with a few 2 loss teams in the mix.

As of today, there are 4 undefeated SEC teams, Texas, Bama, Missouri and us good guys. Of the undefeated teams Bama plays us and Missouri. Texas does not play any of the other undefeated teams. The games in October will reduce the undefeated teams. Texas has the best chance IMO to be remain undefeated.

While getting to the SEC championship game should be a goal, the secondary goal for playoff purposes has to be incurred the minimum number of losses.

Reactions: StarRaider
While not impossible, I think it is going to be difficult for a 2-loss team to make the playoffs. But that depends upon what happens in the other conferences. Ultimately the top 10 will be made up of the undefeated and 1 loss teams with a few 2 loss teams in the mix.

As of today, there are 4 undefeated SEC teams, Texas, Bama, Missouri and the us good guys. Of the undefeated teams Bama plays us and Missouri. Texas does not play any of the other undefeated teams. The games in October will reduce the undefeated teams. Texas has the best chance IMO to be remain undefeated.

While getting to the SEC championship game should be a goal, the secondary goal for playoff purposes has to be incurred the minimum number of losses.

UGA would get in at 10-2 because of their schedule difficulty. Bama probably would because brand bias alone lol. Ole Miss maybe, Missouri wouldn’t, I think we would if the two Ls are to Bama and UGA.

I also don’t think losers in a conference championship are gonna be punished. We will see

As of today, there are 4 undefeated SEC teams, Texas, Bama, Missouri and us good guys. Of the undefeated teams Bama plays us and Missouri. Texas does not play any of the other undefeated teams. The games in October will reduce the undefeated teams. Texas has the best chance IMO to be remain undefeated.

A 10-2 SEC team will get in 9 times out of 10.

UGA would get in at 10-2 because of their schedule difficulty. Bama probably would because brand bias alone lol. Ole Miss maybe, Missouri wouldn’t, I think we would if the two Ls are to Bama and UGA.

I also don’t think losers in a conference championship are gonna be punished. We will see

It doesn't work that way. There are 5 places taken by the conferences then 7 teams after that which will be based on the best of the rest.

I think it is very likely that there will be several SEC teams that end up with a 10-2 record. I think there will be several B1G, Big12 and ACC teams that will end up 10-2 as well. Then there is Notre Dame. I think timing of the second loss will also be a factor as later in the year is when this will all shake out.

The odd card is the number of teams that are able to survive in these super conferences with 1 or less losses. Those teams are most definitely IN regardless.

You are assuming that UGA is going to make the conference championship game. I think there is likely going to be several 11-1 teams and maybe an undefeated Texas team when this season ends. If that happens a 2-loss team doesn't make the SEC championship game, and those 1 loss SEC teams end up higher than a 2 loss SEC team. UGA has to win out.

You are assuming that UGA is going to make the conference championship game. I think there is likely going to be several 11-1 teams and maybe an undefeated Texas team when this season ends. If that happens a 2-loss team doesn't make the SEC championship game, and those 1 loss SEC teams end up higher than a 2 loss SEC team. UGA has to win out.

Look at the final rankings from the past several seasons. Multiple 2-loss teams would have made a 12 team CFP every year. A 3-loss team sneaks in more often than not.

VN Store

Back