Gold

Correct.

The people who bought a lot of it in the last few years are like the "Don't Pass" craps bettors in Vegas.

They might also be the only people that have any real assets after our paper money becomes as valuable as toilet paper.

Reactions: 4 people
Sign of an improving economy.

Disagree. Stock market is just a better investment right now.

The dollar is still hurting. If the stock market slows again, the price of gold will jump back up.

If you think this is something just wait for the bond bubble to burst, that's when the fun starts.

Disagree. Stock market is just a better investment right now.

The dollar is still hurting. If the stock market slows again, the price of gold will jump back up.

As long as I can remember Gold prices have moved up or down per the direction the economy is moving.

Bad economy--- high gold prices

Good economy ---low gold prices

Do you think we will ever pay the national debt? Or do you think the debt will continue to grow and grow?

As the dollar weakens gold will get stronger. And few people in the govt seem to have any interest in reducing our spending.

As long as I can remember Gold prices have moved up or down per the direction the economy is moving.

Bad economy--- high gold prices

Good economy ---low gold prices

This is true if you tie the state of the economy to the state of the stock market and the health of the dollar. Otherwise, it's false.

Gold is simply an investment. When it's seen as a safe investment, the price will rise. When it's seen as an overly conservative investment, i.e. the market is yielding good gains, it will fall.

This is true if you tie the state of the economy to the state of the stock market and the health of the dollar. Otherwise, it's false.

I's say 2007 proved that a high stock market is not necessarily an indicator of good economic health.

See the stock market and commodities today?

History has shown that Gold prices are a good indicator of how healthy the U.S. economy is. When the price of gold is high, the economy is not healthy. When gold prices drop, that usually means the economy is improving. That's because investors are leaving gold for other, more lucrative, investments like stocks, bonds or real estate.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
What bonds are people buying that are paying anything? interest rates are low as hell.

That's the problem, none of them are paying anything. I dont understand why people would want to load up on these bonds because they are paying next to nothing. The only bond I hold right now are TIPS bonds. (PARRX)

and based on the OP's history I am off to purchase large amounts of gold

If you find someone that will let it go at spot plus 3% or less, let me know....same for silver, which seems more interesting. I am talking physical purchases, not ETFs.

Reactions: 1 person
Sign of an improving economy.

It's not true in this instance. Economy doesn't appear to be strong as healthcare consumer staples and telecom led the rally in first quarter.

Economically sensitive sectors; industrials materials and energy all finished first quarter in the red.

Reactions: 1 person
That's the problem, none of them are paying anything. I dont understand why people would want to load up on these bonds because they are paying next to nothing. The only bond I hold right now are TIPS bonds. (PARRX)

If you have a good laddered strategy it would work.

Still paying more now than MM.

VN Store

Back