Gone but not forgotten: Knoxville area restaurants and retailers we miss.

Hey all! Good finds on pictures of promo structures from around Knoxville..

I also wanted to say I had dinner at Copper Cellar Down in the Cellar last night for last old times' sake and it has not changed a bit since I was last there. A wonderful old place in Knoxville. In talking with the server, I found out that the restaurant will most likely close around June 14-15, as they are not accepting reservations after that time.

Everybody in the Knoxville area, get down there before then! Don't wait.

Indya Kincannon has been a disaster for Knoxville, with her and the current City Council allowing this crazed land-grabbing and demolition and construction go on under their watch. All of you in Knoxville need to consider voting against all the incumbents when the time comes, and letting them know that you are not happy with any of this. I intend to.

They have raised the property taxes in Knoxville by a considerable amount and let all this development go unchecked. It's time to get some people in office who are more fiscally responsible and who can stand up to these developers.

My recollection of Doodles in the late 80s is that it was not a pickup joint at all but rather a place you could go with friends to drink and dance and shoot pool and throw darts without all the cheesy people trying too hard to find a hookup.

Dance floor wasn't too crowded and sometimes you went out there with your friends just to have someone out there dancing and giving the DJ something to work with.

In retrospect it's not surprising it didn't last more than a few years but it was a fun place to spend an evening with your peeps in your early 20s.

Reactions: Vjcvette and MAD
Does anyone remember either a Chinese or Japanese restaurant where when you walked in they had this little garden area with a tiny water feature/river and you walked over a bridge above the water to get to the host stand?

Reactions: Vjcvette
Does anyone remember either a Chinese or Japanese restaurant where when you walked in they had this little garden area with a tiny water feature/river and you walked over a bridge above the water to get to the host stand?

Yes, that was the China Inn. It was above where Friday’s is, on the opposite side of the road, on Kingston Pike going west at the top of the hill.

VN Store

Back