Good horror?

hUTch2002

Wait til next year!
I’m a huge horror movie fan but struggle to find good horror to watch. Anyone have suggestions?

Also, what are good horror movies made recently? I’ll even say anything in the last 10 years or so. Hereditary is awesome so that’s probably at the top of my list of recent horror movies. What else?

Talk to Me is probably my favorite one I've watched recently. Also recently watched The Night House and liked it a lot, although the ending was a little weird.

What are you into? Paranormal, psychological thrillers, or slashers? I like a little bit of everything but not really in to slashers.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Talk to Me is probably my favorite one I've watched recently. Also recently watched The Night House and liked it a lot, although the ending was a little weird.

What are you into? Paranormal, psychological thrillers, or slashers? I like a little bit of everything but not really in to slashers.
Talk to Me is solid. I like Hereditary better but that might just be a style thing. I think it’s creepier and I really liked Ari Aster’s follow up, Midsommar as well.

I really appreciate all types. I grew up on slashers like Friday, Chainsaw, and more. The 80s were certainly dominated by slashers. I am partial to paranormal but I like monster flicks (give me a good werewolf movie any day), psychological (I assume this is where The Lighthouse is headed and I’m watching it currently) or whatever. I even like the bad ones, especially if they’re not meant to be bad.

What do you think of Evil Dead Rise if you’ve watched it? I love it myself. The story is a little weak but it’s so entertaining that I don’t care. I’m generally not watching horror for complicated storylines.

I wasn’t crazy about Exorcist Believer but it was better than I expected it to be. What do you think?

Talk to Me is solid. I like Hereditary better but that might just be a style thing. I think it’s creepier and I really liked Ari Aster’s follow up, Midsommar as well.

I really appreciate all types. I grew up on slashers like Friday, Chainsaw, and more. The 80s were certainly dominated by slashers. I am partial to paranormal but I like monster flicks (give me a good werewolf movie any day), psychological (I assume this is where The Lighthouse is headed and I’m watching it currently) or whatever. I even like the bad ones, especially if they’re not meant to be bad.

What do you think of Evil Dead Rise if you’ve watched it? I love it myself. The story is a little weak but it’s so entertaining that I don’t care. I’m generally not watching horror for complicated storylines.

I wasn’t crazy about Exorcist Believer but it was better than I expected it to be. What do you think?
Evil Dead Rise is on my list, not got around to watching yet. I didn't give the new Exorcist a chance because of how bad everyone said it was, maybe I need to give it a chance. How did you like The Lighthouse? Heard really good things about it.

I watched pearl last night late and was scared fr! I can count on one hand the times that movies have genuinely scared me, last night was definitely one of those times.
I’ve heard that’s good. I’ll move it up the list for sure! Isn’t that A24? They do some good stuff.

Evil Dead Rise is on my list, not got around to watching yet. I didn't give the new Exorcist a chance because of how bad everyone said it was, maybe I need to give it a chance. How did you like The Lighthouse? Heard really good things about it.
EB isn’t great but it’s worth a watch. Just finished the Lighthouse. It’s one of those I’d have to watch more than once to really appreciate it as there’s a lot going on, which is funny because it’s mostly just 2 people talking, the way movies used to be. The acting is excellent, as is the imagery, but the story is certainly different. It’s hard to explain, just watch it.

I watched pearl last night late and was scared fr! I can count on one hand the times that movies have genuinely scared me, last night was definitely one of those times.
“Pearl”

What streaming service is that on and what year did it come out?

Just finished The Sixth Sense. I saw it when it first came out but the wife had never seen it, although she did know about the twist. What a classic.

Reactions: GritNGrind1906
"Pearl" is a prequel to "X," which is also very good. The actress (Mia Goth) who plays Pearl in the prequel, also played her as an old woman in "X," .... as well as playing another young character, Maxine, in many of the same scenes in "X."

I’m a huge horror movie fan but struggle to find good horror to watch. Anyone have suggestions?

Also, what are good horror movies made recently? I’ll even say anything in the last 10 years or so. Hereditary is awesome so that’s probably at the top of my list of recent horror movies. What else?
Just going back as far as 2016, these are a few of my faves :

Train to Busan (2016) .... Zombie movie.

Saint Maud (2021) .... Psychological horror - not for everyone.

Don't Breathe (2016) .... A unique premise. A group of young punks target a blind man for a home invasion/burglary. He turns out to be a serial killer, who is more than capable of defending himself.

A Quiet Place (2018) .... A monster movie, but with a twist and some unpredictable outcomes.

I really liked Hereditary and Sinister as well.

"Pearl" is a prequel to "X," which is also very good. The actress (Mia Goth) who plays Pearl in the prequel, also played her as an old woman in "X," .... as well as playing another young character, Maxine, in many of the same scenes in "X."

Just going back as far as 2016, these are a few of my faves :

Train to Busan (2016) .... Zombie movie.

Saint Maud (2021) .... Psychological horror - not for everyone.

Don't Breathe (2016) .... A unique premise. A group of young punks target a blind man for a home invasion/burglary. He turns out to be a serial killer, who is more than capable of defending himself.

A Quiet Place (2018) .... A monster movie, but with a twist and some unpredictable outcomes.

I really liked Hereditary and Sinister as well.
BB! See, I could tell you’re alright. I’ve seen all of those and they’re all good. You even threw in some subtitled horror there with Busan. I’m not at all opposed to that. Another sort of recent zombie movie (more like The Crazies) I like is called The Sadness. It’s good gore and more sadistic than most. Host was a good recent horror movie too. As was The Witch.

I did finish Pearl, after watching X of course. Both are good. I love the ending for Pearl and both are solid movies.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back