GOP first debate

There’s a lot of things Vivek could be doing right besides hanging out In Iowa. He’ll turn on Trump, he’s just waiting for a strategic moment that will be determined by someone smarter than me.

When I see them and the feckless Trumpers in Washington turn on Trump, I'll believe it. They're all afraid. Spineless.

When I see them and the feckless Trumpers in Washington turn on Trump, I'll believe it. They're all afraid. Spineless.

If he was afraid then he could just jump on board a yacht and leave these other. Knuckle draggers in Iowa. He’s got a plan but he definitely needs to be strategic about it.

If he was afraid then he could just jump on board a yacht and leave these other. Knuckle draggers in Iowa. He’s got a plan but he definitely needs to be strategic about it.

From what I can tell Chris Cristie and Will Hurd(?) are the only ones with the nuts to call a spade a spade.

Or the tribe got behind the guy better than Biden even though they didn’t like him.
Does that sound right @luthervol

Edit: the guy they perceived as better.
Of course.

Now why they would get behind him in the primaries brings up a lot of questions.

When bama plays ga, I base who I pull for on how the outcome impacts TN in the short and long runs.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Of course.

Now why they would get behind him in the primaries brings up a lot of questions.

When bama plays ga, I base who I pull for on how the outcome impacts TN in the short and long runs.

Fair question. Why would anyone get behind Biden in the primaries.

Both parties do a **** job of picking candidates.

Reactions: jwilliams
From what I can tell Chris Cristie and Will Hurd(?) are the only ones with the nuts to call a spade a spade.

Christie is as big of a piece of **** as Trump is. How he hasn’t seen the inside of a cell is astonishing. He’s not brave, it’s just brazen political gain. Don’t know much about Hurd Other than the CIA thing. Hating Trump is certainly no vice but if someone wants to win they’re going to have to trick his army of dummies.

Christie is as big of a piece of **** as Trump is. How he hasn’t seen the inside of a cell is astonishing. He’s not brave, it’s just brazen political gain. Don’t know much about Hurd Other than the CIA thing. Hating Trump is certainly no vice but if someone wants to win they’re going to have to trick his army of dummies.
And maybe eat a salad.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Fair question. Why would anyone get behind Biden in the primaries.

Both parties do a **** job of picking candidates.

If my memory serves me correctly no one was behind him in the primaries. He lost in Iowa to a gay mayor and a fake Indian. He got serious and promised Jim Clyburn he would nominate a POC to the VP spot and the bench and the pandering train got going full speed.

Hurd isn’t going to appeal to the folks posting OAN tweets in the indictment thread but if he doesn’t crack 3% we can all shut up about wanting something better. He’s probably the most sensible candidate in any of the last 3 primary cycles.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
If my memory serves me correctly no one was behind him in the primaries. He lost in Iowa to a gay mayor and a fake Indian. He got serious and promised Jim Clyburn he would nominate a POC to the VP spot and the bench and the pandering train got going full speed.
Or….
And hear me out on this ……
maybe just maybe the DNC rigged their primary again.

hey what else does dnc stand for?

Reactions: LouderVol
Hurd isn’t going to appeal to the folks posting OAN tweets in the indictment thread but if he doesn’t crack 3% we can all shut up about wanting something better. He’s probably the most sensible candidate in any of the last 3 primary cycles.

Im down to find out more about Hurd. I’m naturally suspicious of anyone associated with the Agency but I would like to hear him out.

Why would he have needed it in 2016, genius? He won the nomination, so that meant HE was the nominee. WTF are you smoking?

Think the link he posted earlier indicated that Trump signed the pledge and then crossed his fingers and said tricked you BEFORE the primaries were done.

There’s a lot of things Vivek could be doing right besides hanging out In Iowa. He’ll turn on Trump, he’s just waiting for a strategic moment that will be determined by someone smarter than me.

I really like Vivek and think his messaging is on point but I think he has a ceiling. People are excited because they see him in a major cabinet position. If he got near the lead, however, I do not think the GOP is ready to elect someone Hindu as its standard bearer. I think they could go with the indian heritage part but not the religion.

Reactions: Vol737
early projected winners and losers

Winners: Ramaswamy, Scott, dude from North Dakota
Losers: Pence, Christie, Hutchinson, DeSantis (at expense of winners)

No change: Trump, Haley

I want to see how Ramaswamy does. I’ve watched a lot of his messaging clips lately. Interesting candidate.

Reactions: Vol since 77
I really like Vivek and think his messaging is on point but I think he has a ceiling. People are excited because they see him in a major cabinet position. If he got near the lead, however, I do not think the GOP is ready to elect someone Hindu as its standard bearer. I think they could go with the indian heritage part but not the religion.

Which is unfortunate for the GOP considering all their talk about a big tent. Sooner or later they’re going to have to decide if winning elections is more important or continuing to convince their constituents the status quo is good for the party.

Probably. I like him more because of it. When politicians in America claim to be Christians I usually assume they’re lying. At least I know he’s telling the truth and not what people want to hear.

Probably. I like him more because of it. When politicians in America claim to be Christians I usually assume they’re lying. At least I know he’s telling the truth and not what people want to hear.
Honestly, honesty is overrated.
What we need is people telling us what we want to hear and then doing the opposite.

None of them besides Christie actually are even attempting to win. All of these "candidates" are still too afraid to go after the one guy they need to beat.

All they're doing is seeking name recognition and fundraising, that's it.

Until they take a shot at Trump - they're wasting space as a GOP candidate, they're just giving an illusion of competition.

Aside from Christie - there is no plan B for R voters. It's trump or die, so we'll get 4 more years of Biden.
I think it is wise to stay away from Trump. Make your case about the issues and whenever it becomes about Trump gracefully pivot from him and back to what is important. I would make it a point to show that it is about the issues and not about the distraction.
Trump is the kind of person you let destroy them self.

I think it is wise to stay away from Trump. Make your case about the issues and whenever it becomes about Trump gracefully pivot from him and back to what is important. I would make it a point to show that it is about the issues and not about the distraction.
Trump is the kind of person you let destroy them self.

Disagree.

A wise man once said, "to me the man, you have to beat the man - wooooo!"

Truer words are hard to come by.

If these guys want to sniff the oval office, they need to come up with convincing sales pitch that the GOP will be better off without the circus of Donny. Failure to do so will result in 4 more years of Biden.

VN Store

Back