Greeneville decision coming soon?

I don't have any info... but I speculate the slow response is due to giving the NCAA some time to implement new "guidance" as the injunction decision will go the way of Tennessee and Virginia. If it were going the way of the NCAA the extended pause doesn't make SENSE, to me.

Last edited:
I don't have any info... but I speculate the slow response is due to giving the NCAA some time to implement new "guidance" as the injunction decision will go the way of Tennessee and Virginia. If it were going the way of the NCAA the extended pause doesn't make since, to me.
Certainly hope you are correct. Still seems like it’s taking quite a while.

I don't have any info... but I speculate the slow response is due to giving the NCAA some time to implement new "guidance" as the injunction decision will go the way of Tennessee and Virginia. If it were going the way of the NCAA the extended pause doesn't make since, to me.
8 days is not long at all for a Court to chew on a decision/write an opinion. I wouldn't read anything into it.

I had a hearing last Wednesday that the Court granted the relief I requested in open court, I sent him written orders the same day and the judge just signed them today (and that's with me drafting them, not him, lol) and that took 6 days.

Last edited:
8 days is not long at all for a Court to chew on a decision/write an opinion. I wouldn't read anything into it.

I had a hearing last Wednesday that the Court granted the relief I requested in open court, I sent him written orders the same day and the judge just signed them today (and that's with me drafting them, not him, lol) and that took 6 days.
What's your prediction, being in the field and all?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I hope the judge lets it ride out until after this football season. Spring practice starts very soon. No need to shake and rattle the upcoming season or negatively effect a students ability to earn a living or participate

Reactions: CragrockVol
Since has never made sense to me.

What's your prediction, being in the field and all?
I'm not an anti-trust lawyer, but my understanding is that we have a strong case. That said, I really wouldn't be surprised either way (if the injunction was or wasn't granted). He seems to have already signaled that he considered us likely to prevail at a trial on the merits, but the judge may let discovery play out without essentially suspending the NCAA's ability to enforce it's rules and breaking CFB with the stroke of his pen, at least not until after he has heard all of the evidence.

Last edited:
I hope the judge lets it ride out until after this football season. Spring practice starts very soon. No need to shake and rattle the upcoming season or negatively effect a students ability to earn a living or participate
But doesn’t that hurt us in recruiting with other teams saying we are “under NCAA investigation“?

I'm not an anti-trust lawyer, but my understanding is that we have a strong case. That said, I really wouldn't be surprised either way (if the injunction was or wasn't granted). He seems to have already signaled that he considered us likely to prevail on a trial on the merits, but the judge may let discovery play out without essentially suspending the NCAA's ability to enforce it's rules and breaking CFB with the stroke of his pen, at least not until after he has heard all of the evidence.
People need to remember that a ruling on the injunction is not a final ruling on the merits. Quit worrying folks.

Clifton L. Corker

Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
Incumbent
Assumed office
July 22, 2019
Appointed by Donald Trump
Preceded by J. Ronnie Greer
Magistrate Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
In office
May 1, 2015 – July 22, 2019
Personal details
Born 1967 (age 56–57)
Richmond, Virginia, U.S.
Education James Madison University (BBA)
College of William & Mary (JD)

But doesn’t that hurt us in recruiting with other teams saying we are “under NCAA investigation“?
I think it would, because you know that other schools will sure bring it up. I think we will win the case in the end, don't know if we will win this one or not based on what I have read from lawyers on here, it's like we have a good case but may have to appeal to win, and that all takes time.

VN Store

Back