Greeneville decision coming soon?

But doesn’t that hurt us in recruiting with other teams saying we are “under NCAA investigation“?
How does it really hurt though?
Transfer portal is easy peasy now.
By the time any investigation is done the current recruits will be gone anyway.
Let's be honest if you're a top recruit your looking at who's paying the $$, you gotta know TN pays well, your agent probably telling you don't worry about TN being investigated. If the NCAA wins their suit, they'll be going after any other school you'd go to. Let's get that money baby and then revisit this later if need be

Reactions: kcvols1
But doesn’t that hurt us in recruiting with other teams saying we are “under NCAA investigation“?

We would still be under investigation until the trial happens. Just not actively sending us allegations. Coaches will still tell recruits we are being investigated. The trial could take years.

Be better if judge grants the injunction but it won't stop coaches from talking.

Reactions: MountainDooley
I’ve had motions sit pending in federal court for a year. My understanding is that they get behind on civil matters because the criminal docket takes priority. Federal district judges have to report how many motions they have pending that are older than six months, so a lot of times you’ll get a ruling right before six months passes.

I don’t think I’ve ever had anything in front of Judge Corker. But yeah, two weeks is not a long time to wait for an order.

Since when does anything with the law get done quickly. Give it a couple months
Oh, there are certain things that are done quicker than quick. Seen it. It happens. But unusually not for money people who can use obscure laws, their influence, money etc to delay or even kill legal motions.

Old news. What we are waiting on is the ruling on the injunction.
I suspect similar news on the injunction. I've read nothing that indicates the states submitted more/different information to prove irreparable damages. I think we'll see a denial this week then the watch begins for the NCAA to drop the letter of allegations. To maximize the impact, I'm also betting the NCAA will take their sweet time in doing so. The knife is in place so why not keep it there and twist it as much as you can?

I suspect similar news on the injunction. I've read nothing that indicates the states submitted more/different information to prove irreparable damages. I think we'll see a denial this week then the watch begins for the NCAA to drop the letter of allegations. To maximize the impact, I'm also betting the NCAA will take their sweet time in doing so. The knife is in place so why not keep it there and twist it as much as you can?
It was my understanding that they submitted a declaration from Coach Heupel concerning the eligibility time lost by student athletes that can’t make an informed decision without the NIL information (I.e., can’t get the time back between picking school and transferring, if there is even room for them to go to their other choice then). I understood that came in after the TRO, but I could have misremembered.

Edit: Confirmed was after TRO

Reactions: CAVPUT
It was my understanding that they submitted a declaration from Coach Heupel concerning the eligibility time lost by student athletes that can’t make an informed decision without the NIL information (I.e., can’t get the time back between picking school and transferring, if there is even room for them to go to their other choice then). I understood that came in after the TRO, but I could have misremembered.

Edit: Confirmed was after TRO
Also the NCAA lawyers admitted their current guidelines can cause some harm. Maybe I’m over simplifying things but that on its own should be enough to get the injunction granted.

I think you need to stop projecting your fear/uncertainty on everybody else. I'm not sure if it's a preemptive coping mechanism or something, but the fact that the judge himself said UT/UVA were likely to succeed on the merits of their argument is a much better indicator of where things are likely to end up than any paranoia you've got bouncing around in your head.

I think you need to stop projecting your fear/uncertainty on everybody else. I'm not sure if it's a preemptive coping mechanism or something, but the fact that the judge himself said UT/UVA were likely to succeed on the merits of their argument is a much better indicator of where things are likely to end up than any paranoia you've got bouncing around in your head.
I can understand people's hesitation to believe upending NCAA oversight is going to happen. I'm guessing this ruling will have significant ramifications and the college football world will go through another major adjustment.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
I can understand people's hesitation to believe upending NCAA oversight is going to happen. I'm guessing this ruling will have significant ramifications and the college football world will go through another major adjustment.
Exactly. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and give the judge time to cite the proper federal law and case law to torpedo the NCAA's illegal rules and end their farce.

Reactions: sonofUT62

That’s not how it will work. 🤦‍♂️

When did voicing an opinion become "projecting"? You've got yours, I've got mine. It's all good.

I don't disagree, but what he's projecting is not mere hesitation—it's predicting the worst case scenario. There's a difference between "I'll believe they'll rule in our favor when I see it" and "we're getting rejected and the NCAA is going to bring the hammer down." The former is reasonable skepticism, the latter is wallowing in doom.

That’s not how it will work. 🤦‍♂️
Time will tell. Hey, I'm a renowned nega, but I'm also not one to shy away from admitting when I'm wrong. Got me a pretty hefty crow recipe book so if I'm wrong, I'm not hard to find.

I don't disagree, but what he's projecting is not mere hesitation—it's predicting the worst case scenario. There's a difference between "I'll believe they'll rule in our favor when I see it" and "we're getting rejected and the NCAA is going to bring the hammer down." The former is reasonable skepticism, the latter is wallowing in doom.
Well to be fair, if one doesn't believe Tennessee will win the case, then the worst case scenario probably isn't far off.

I think the NCAA is looking to set a new example of punishment for collective use. Similar to the SMU death penalty. Not as severe, but a new worst punishment in years. Enough to make the rest of the college football world cower in fear. Now that Tennessee has sued the NCAA instead of just submitting like normal, a worst case scenario punishment is likely if the final ruling, however many months/years it takes ,doesn't go our way.

Not saying I disagree with Tennessee's actions. But even I am hesitant to buy into believing we'll win just due to the massive ramifications and changes the ruling would cause. But maybe with the other recent rulings against the NCAA, it should be expected now.

Last edited:
America is tired of the NCAA’s continued inconsistency and uneven rulings. Do you think the power 5 really want the NCAA to continue on it’s current path. Maybe Georgia. For arguments sake say we don’t win the injunction which I think we have a good chance to win, the NCAA will get sued to oblivion in anti trust law suits which they have already been warned they are highly likely to lose in the eventual case. The NCAA needs to be stopped here, I think it is inevitable the power 5 leave if either there isn’t a MAJOR change in NCAA toward NIL. I personally think there will be another governing body in the very near future formed by the power 5. The NCAA’s ego is too big to make major changes and conform to the reality of NIL. In the end I see no way for the NCAA to stay in power if the go on with this case. In the end they are going to lose, folks even fans the majority of fans are tired of their arbitrary and uneven rulings and no looks in other directions. GBO

Not saying I disagree with Tennessee's actions. But even I am hesitant to buy into believing we'll win just due to the massive ramifications and changes the ruling would cause. But maybe with the other recent rulings against the NCAA, it should be expected now.
I'm not sure the judge has a choice but to rule in our favor if he believes the NCAA's posture/actions violate the letter of the law, even if the decision would lead to major changes.

I'm not sure the judge has a choice but to rule in our favor if he believes the NCAA's posture/actions violate the letter of the law, even if the decision would lead to major changes.
Pretty much. The major changes already took place with the Supreme Court ruling. NCAA is basically trying to exploit a gray area as far as that ruling. They’re skirting the ruling and redefining their own rules. Injunction is trying to see if there is irreparable harm to student athletes and honestly I think there is; you’re allowing the ncaa to restrict a kids earning potential by not even allowing them to explore their market value.

VN Store

Back