Greeneville decision coming soon?

Pretty much. The major changes already took place with the Supreme Court ruling. NCAA is basically trying to exploit a gray area as far as that ruling. They’re skirting the ruling and redefining their own rules. Injunction is trying to see if there is irreparable harm to student athletes and honestly I think there is; you’re allowing the ncaa to restrict a kids earning potential by not even allowing them to explore their market value.
There is no gray area. They're trying to backdoor the NCAA vs Alston ruling by claiming that a legal business deal is against the rules. Their rules are illegal

So said Justice Kavanaugh in his concurring opinion in the 9-0 Alston ruling.

Reactions: Remy
There is no gray area. They're trying to backdoor the NCAA vs Alston ruling by claiming that a legal business deal is against the rules. Their rules are illegal

So said Justice Kavanaugh in his concurring opinion in the 9-0 Alston ruling.

Redefining collectives as boosters I think will be proven to be illegal.

If an athlete does not have an agreement/contract with the NCAA, who is or how is it the NCAA can arbitrarily step in between an athlete and an independent business entity negotiating their own 1 on 1 agreement? I submit the court will strongly say the NCAA cannot.

We would still be under investigation until the trial happens. Just not actively sending us allegations. Coaches will still tell recruits we are being investigated. The trial could take years.

Be better if judge grants the injunction but it won't stop coaches from talking.
There is literally no way for someone to use that as negative recruiting.

If anyone says anything bad that basically saying they don't support thier athletes or thier athletes ability to know thier worth. Trying to use that as a negative recruiting measure would almost certainly backfire.

Redefining collectives as boosters I think will be proven to be illegal.
I don’t think it will be hard to show a distribution of money from collectives primarily going to players from one school, just don’t think that will matter that a they are specialized in coordinating NIL DEALS for the players as the ruling requires them to be able to do. Before or after entering a school. The establishment of both their athletic ability and their marketability both start before entry to a school. Just that simple. Got to learn the best way to live with it.

Reactions: SuzyVol
There is literally no way for someone to use that as negative recruiting.

If anyone says anything bad that basically saying they don't support thier athletes or thier athletes ability to know thier worth. Trying to use that as a negative recruiting measure would almost certainly backfire.

I disagree but we all have opinions...

Just don't "project" them, right?
lol

You admitted that you're a "nega," so I'm not saying anything you don't realize yourself. I think the frequency with which you post the doom and gloom takes comes across as externalizing worry as an attempted defense against anxiety. That's projection.

I disagree but we all have opinions...
Pretty much. It’s going to affect recruiting. Heupel has addressed it in the past and said the previous investigation effected recruiting negatively and that other coaches used it against us. No reason to think that won’t be the case this time as well. We’re in battles for elite guys now. Well elite guys have a lot of options and if you’re hearing crap about a program coming from multiple sources and seeing it splashed in the media from time to time it’s going to affect your thinking.

I’m not saying we’re going to be just destroyed by it but it definitely slows down how quickly you can rebuild and how high the ceiling is in the short term for the program.

Pretty much. It’s going to affect recruiting. Heupel has addressed it in the past and said the previous investigation effected recruiting negatively and that other coaches used it against us. No reason to think that won’t be the case this time as well. We’re in battles for elite guys now. Well elite guys have a lot of options and if you’re hearing crap about a program coming from multiple sources and seeing it splashed in the media from time to time it’s going to affect your thinking.

I’m not saying we’re going to be just destroyed by it but it definitely slows down how quickly you can rebuild and how high the ceiling is in the short term for the program.
I think the big negative in recruiting is the potential for "repeat offender" penalties. Recruits might be told: "they'll get the hammer hard because they're still on the hook for the last incident."

Not that I think we will, but if I were an opposing coach, I'd definitely throw that into the conversation because it's been part of the public discussion of the investigation of UT.

Reactions: volunteerpaul
I think the big negative in recruiting is the potential for "repeat offender" penalties. Recruits might be told: "they'll get the hammer hard because they're still on the hook for the last incident."

Not that I think we will, but if I were an opposing coach, I'd definitely throw that into the conversation because it's been part of the public discussion of the investigation of UT.
I mean if you’re going to sell fear why wouldn’t you sell the worst scenario possible?

We don’t even have a NOA yet. Heck they don’t even have to give the NOA and we’ve had damage done to our brand bc of the story being leaked. I hope the program sues them regardless of the outcome of the injunction

Reactions: VAVol85

One could argue that we could actually use this whole thing as a positive recruiting pitch.

They could easily and most likely will say that while we are under investigation, it's because we care about our athletes and are fighting to make sure that they know what their true value is. Anyone who tries to use that as a negative will actually be negatively recruiting themselves.

I mean if you’re going to sell fear why wouldn’t you sell the worst scenario possible?

We don’t even have a NOA yet. Heck they don’t even have to give the NOA and we’ve had damage done to our brand bc of the story being leaked. I hope the program sues them regardless of the outcome of the injunction
They are, of course, suing them. I don't think we'd have filed the NIL suit without the investigation being leaked. I'm not sure a "defamation by leaking an investigation" lawsuit would have legs, but the NIL lawsuit is Godzilla.

And yeah, if I were a coach, I'd toss out lines like "repeat offenders can get bowl or TV bans. It's hard to make a name for yourself for the next level if your school is invisible." None of that will happen but I'd toss it out there to throw shade.

Reactions: VolDave53
When did voicing an opinion become "projecting"? You've got yours, I've got mine. It's all good.
Where does yours come from?

The presiding judge made the on the record statement that based on the merits of the case presented by the two states that they would likely prevail. Do you have better info than Judge Corker?

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
One could argue that we could actually use this whole thing as a positive recruiting pitch.

They could easily and most likely will say that while we are under investigation, it's because we care about our athletes and are fighting to make sure that they know what their true value is. Anyone who tries to use that as a negative will actually be negatively recruiting themselves.
You can do that but the reality is these kids and their families are looking for the best situation for themselves. If they even have a small suggestion that there maybe a problem.

Judge Corker is going to ensure his order to enjoin (or not) is as buttoned-up as possible. Expect an appeal whichever way his decision lands...and no judge wants to be overturned. Patience!

You can do that but the reality is these kids and their families are looking for the best situation for themselves. If they even have a small suggestion that there maybe a problem.
If we're talking top recruits, the best situation is who paying the most money.
If TN get hammered. They transfer easy and NCAA isn't going bench any player that's been part of a NIL investigation unless they won't to find themselves back in court being sued

20 sets of coaches (or more) telling kids the same thing, death penalty, versus one set of coaches talking about value, the 20 (or more) will win most of the time.. Players can get value elsewhere and be certain they can play. If our coaches believe it hurts, trust me, it hurts..

Where does yours come from?

The presiding judge made the on the record statement that based on the merits of the case presented by the two states that they would likely prevail. Do you have better info than Judge Corker?

cases can go a very long time before a decision is made. There is one case that was filed in 2021 and is scheduled to be heard in 2025.. Maybe this one will be different but I will be surprised if so. The merits don't matter until they are decided from trial. IN the meantime, negativity will continue.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
cases can go a very long time before a decision is made. There is one case that was filed in 2021 and is scheduled to be heard in 2025.. Maybe this one will be different but I will be surprised if so. The merits don't matter until they are decided from trial. IN the meantime, negativity will continue.
The case, maybe. The PRO, not so much.

VN Store

Back