Hating Alabama

claimjumper steve

I have some confessions to make after the days long gumpfest over their new coach I've been watching. First of all I want to clarify Alabama hate. This is not like Hamas hate or terrorist hate or some other demonic hatred. This is pure, cleansing hatred that makes you a better person. Having said this I confess that I hate Alabama, their new coach, the plane that brought him here, the tarmack, etc., every blade of grass in their stadium, the stupid red arches in Tuscaloosa, even the whole town of Tuscaloosa. After watching a myriad of gumpcasts, I am now convinced that Tennessee fans are smarter, better looking, have more teeth, have better trailers, and can put 2 syallables together. I have to give credit to the first poster who said Saban retired because he couldn't beat Tennessee at Neyland!

It's not the Bama team or coaches I hate. It's the people that became Bama fans in the last 25 years. I'm talking about people with zero ties to the school or state. Bandwagon fans are not fans.

Hopefully, these clowns will be less vocal now

It's not the Bama team or coaches I hate. It's the people that became Bama fans in the last 25 years. I'm talking about people with zero ties to the school or state. Bandwagon fans are not fans.

They’re nothing more than Saban fans. Several are gonna jump ship.

I have some confessions to make after the days long gumpfest over their new coach I've been watching. First of all I want to clarify Alabama hate. This is not like Hamas hate or terrorist hate or some other demonic hatred. This is pure, cleansing hatred that makes you a better person. Having said this I confess that I hate Alabama, their new coach, the plane that brought him here, the tarmack, etc., every blade of grass in their stadium, the stupid red arches in Tuscaloosa, even the whole town of Tuscaloosa. After watching a myriad of gumpcasts, I am now convinced that Tennessee fans are smarter, better looking, have more teeth, have better trailers, and can put 2 syallables together. I have to give credit to the first poster who said Saban retired because he couldn't beat Tennessee at Neyland!
You could replace Bama with Florida and express how I feel. Nothing is the gut punch like losing to Florida each year when they have a new coach, new qb, new everything and we have 5 th year seniors everything, and still choke. Blame it on Steve Spurrier who used to rub our noses in it after a loss. I hate Florida more than Bama

I don't know about them being less vocal, they'll be barking at people in no time!

Like the bumper sticker back in my day used to say “Avoid the rush. Hate Bama early”.

Learn it, love it, live it.

Have it, use it, preach it to other fans.
The daughters know, no bama SILs.

To me, it's not the State of Alabama or all the people there that this is directed toward. It's bama the university, it's their sports, and unBearable fans. It's bama with a little b, a belittling little b. No A, no B. It's the SEC HQ office infiltrated to the core with them such that it impacts judgement and decisions.

Just as they welcome players & fans from the State of Tennessee, I welcome players & fans from the State of Alabama. I'm good with any team in the SEC winning a bowl game, but not bama (ok, add UF when Stevie was there).

I draw the line at hiring them as head coaches... fool me once, fool me twice... actually, you didn't fool me the second time... you just took Phil hook, line and "stinker".

Why would anyone choose to support a team named synonymous with a red stench in the ocean... when you could "contribute to the greater cause" by being a Volunteer!

Just say it... GO VOLS!

It's called "genetic hatred". You don't know why you hatem, you just hatem!

My dad had an old Proverb that he used often: Proverbs 27:17 - "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another". We improve by going up against the teams that are historically stronger, which in turn makes us stronger. No hate from me ... just go out, play ball and clean their clock!

I know there's no sympathy here for these guys, but just think how the Kentucky & Vanderbilt fans feel after our annual beat down. At least they just hang their heads and slither away because it's expected, unlike the obnoxious Bama, Georgia, & Gator fans.

Fans are fans, people are people, and football is just a game. Be a good person, that’s all
Agree. Personally, I don't hate our opponents, some of their behavior yes. And we have Vols fans who behave just as bad. What all haters forget by choice, as don't believe it is accidental, is a common adage. Each time you point an accusing finger at someone else, three fingers on your hand point in your direction, or the very hand that's accusing. Me? I just want our Vols to beat the excretion out of the opposition, and make them believe they like because it's either beef stew or a corn dog without the corn. That's just my way of being sympathetic to them.

When I came into this country about 30 years ago, the first thing I was taught was to hate Alabama. It just felt natural and good. I worked with some bammers and it only solidified my convictions. They had houses and rooms decorated in crimson red. A bammer tried to fight me because I accidentally bumped his tide mug. An alcoholic friend of mine was laid out in bama clothes in a bama coffin when he died. Every time bama lost a game they said "Fahr the coach!" One gumpster told me that bama should never lose a game! Bama is entitled to win every game!

VN Store

Back