Hats Off To The Ducks

I know its early and there is a lot of college football to be played, but right now I'm thinking Oregon is the number 1 team in the nation, and possibly the national champion at the end of the season. Alabama's defense is very suspect, I don't think they will be a three-peat national champion. As bad as it is to lose, you have to consider who UT lost to today.

Major props to the Ducks today, that was a country a** whoopin. I know our defense has a long way to go to be legit, but this Oregon offense may be the most impressive I've seen. Somehow they remind me of an Offensive version of the '85 Bears D. Always attacking, relentless and pretty dang good.

Congratulations on the win today.
I won't make any excuses. You guys were clearly the better team today. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and I will be pulling for you from here on out. Also would like to add that you have some of the classiest fans around! Cheers!

Classy thread, op. I also respect the Ducks. They have been building this thing since about '98 or so. Their patience and dedication is paying off. It's hard to be upset about that.

Keep on with your pu$$y talk.

Are you 13? Its not being a pussy to prop the team that beats you. Quite a few of us went to the Stanford boards and congratulated them on the win last year, then again when they won the Pac-12 Championship. Its called respect. You give it, you earn it.

Reactions: 6 people
Congrats to Oregon. I really think this is their year. As a fan who has seen the mountains and the valley, savor this while it lasts Ducks.

GBO! We'll be back!

P.S. Please curb stomp Bama for us if you get the chance.

Reactions: 4 people
Congratulations on the win today.
I won't make any excuses. You guys were clearly the better team today. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and I will be pulling for you from here on out. Also would like to add that you have some of the classiest fans around! Cheers!

Thanks, talked to about a half dozen Tenn fans at the game today. All very were very nice.

I will admit, the weather certainly wasn't as advertised. It was cold today. Probably ranged from high 60s to mid 70s and cloudy. Just not a very good day.

Thank you for the kind words! Hard fought game!

Ignore the stupid chants in the crowd. We are all aware that the top SEC teams can beat us. Hopefully we can make it to the big game this year to find out.

I was at the game. Tough to watch. We played a superior team where we were outmatched in every facet of the game. Oregon is a very good squad. Hopefully we can learn a lot from this game.

That said, the people in Eugene are great. We've had a great time here and have met some really classy people. One of the best football road trips I've ever taken.

I wouldn't get too upset about some of their fans enjoying the victory. They earned it today.

Reactions: 1 person
Keep on with your pu$$y talk.

No that would be called sportsmanship. Oregon blew off the doors. They're a good team. Our QB doesn't have the arm right now and WRs don't have experience to catch the under throws (something experienced WRs learn to do as well as something that often makes QBs look great). To make matters worse, we don't have a single seasoned pair of hands for a brand spanking new QB to rely on -- not even a returning TE.

No team is perfect and Oregon like us had visible issues but they had far fewer issues and experienced talent to spare. Plus what looks like very much like a special QB -- very well suited to their O.

Giving up and turning on your team is wimp talk. Downplaying Oregon's win is classless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'll say congrats but choosing the SEC chant was just pathetic especially directing it toward us.. Wait till you play the big boys to plan that chant.

Didn't hear any SEC chant, perhaps it happened in the last couple minutes. I headed out with about 3 minutes to go.

Didn't hear any SEC chant, perhaps it happened in the last couple minutes. I headed out with about 3 minutes to go.

Can't remember but it doesn't matter, it was fairly early.. Like I said it didn't make much sense to chant it.. Been better during a BCS championship game than on us.. Good luck this year

I have to say, I haven't seen that many opposing fans in Autzen (with the exception of OSU) in a couple decades. Congrats you guys travel very very well.

Reactions: 3 people
Our fans want to play against better competition. And you ARE better competition. The SEC chant wasn't mocking you, it was PROPPING you. Your one of the better teams in the country although you don't feel that way today. You guys have a good team and a good coach. I bet money you beat Florida. We won today, and maybe Alabama beats us. Who knows. But don't take our chants the wrong way.

I don't believe that for a second.

Oregon played a good game today, ill give them credit for that. But the only thing that made me mad was when the fans booed one of our players when he was lying on the ground hurt.

I'd like to explain WHY that happened. We've had lots of opponents FAKE injuries to slow down the Oregon offense. Especially, Stanford. It looked like he faked the injury. When it became apparent that he WAS actually injured the fans cheered him when he got up and off the field.

....but anyway Oregon did exactly what a great football team should do to an inferior one.

good luck duckies . beat bama in the nc game . everyone else is playing for 3rd. was quite impressed with yall defence

If they weren't a bunch of late hitting low blocking trash talkers I would like them. Their fans are cool though.

....but anyway Oregon did exactly what a great football team should do to an inferior one.

Yep they would have done the same or worse to about half the sec.

Vandy
Kentucky
Auburn
Arky
Ole miss
Miss st
Mizzou

All would have gotten the brakes beaten off. Florida, Georgia, USC and a&m would probably lose by 10-14 at least. Only lsu and bama are as good or almost as good. ( not even sure of that statement honestly) no offense in the country is that fast or aggressive. Well oiled machine for sure.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back