Healthcare Worker vaccine was terrible decision

wmcovol

by the SCOTUS.

Why wouldn’t healthcare workers have the same rights as a worker of a manufacturer or bank? The government shouldn’t be allowed to spend money collected from taxpayers to limit a group of those taxpayers rights granted by our Constitution. Roberts & Kavanaugh are loose cannons. You can’t predict where they go except if the vote appears to be 4-4, Roberts or Kavanaugh will vote with the left.

I believe it's about how the laws are written governing HC vis a vis CMS (Medicare/Medicaid). Apparently the statutes allow for this for CMS (or whatever the agency is) but not for OSHA.

It's less a who's on the SCOTUS issue and more a what doe the laws say and allow for.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I don't think anyone will realize how disastrous of a decision this was until it goes into effect. The wildcard is how lenient hospital systems decide to be granting exemptions. If they are strict, we will imminently face the greatest health care crisis in many, many decades.

I don't think anyone will realize how disastrous of a decision this was until it goes into effect. The wildcard is how lenient hospital systems decide to be granting exemptions. If they are strict, we will imminently face the greatest health care crisis in many, many decades.
Most in our region are granting every exemption

I had been thinking about this. For years we’ve heard about the coming labor shortages in the medical community, pre-Covid talk. This is really going to exacerbate that.

Demographics... We've known for years that Baby Boomers were going to be leaving the workforce around this time. Now you add to that demographic reality with a overhyped pandemic and mandates. WTF was anybody expecting?

Reactions: Vol8188
The only way it was a good decision to me is if we see hospital systems outright denying federal funds moving forward, but I don't see that happening.

Denying federal funds (Medicare & Medicaidpayments) means our elderly and underprivileged will no longer have health care. Medicare patients have paid into the system. They deserve the care they paid for & have been promised.

Reactions: Caculator and Zues1
Denying federal funds (Medicare & Medicaidpayments) means our elderly and underprivileged will no longer have health care. Medicare patients have paid into the system. They deserve the care they paid for & have been promised.
"Most" of these people have gotten so much more from the system than what they put in.

I have "most" in quotation marks because I don't want anyone saying that I'm saying "all".

Reactions: joevol33
Frankly, they can find another hospital or provider that accepts those funds. I don't really care if they end up "deprived" because the federal government put these systems in a bad place, especially because many, many "underprivileged" are in terrible health because of their own decisions.

We all know this wouldn't happen if it was free

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
The thing that’s confusing to me is whether a hospital or rehab facility is liable if someone receiving treatment there contracts Covid from an unvaxxed employee. 18 months back it seemed as if the shot was pretty effective before the different variants started showing up but now who really knows if it prevents or inhibits the spread.

The unvaccinated numbers of healthcare workers are minimal. This is an extensive list. Most of the hospitals it’s less than 1/2 a percent unvaccinated.

Update January 4 2022

Vaccination-related employee departures at 52 hospitals, health systems

Reactions: ohhbother
Frankly, they can find another hospital or provider that accepts those funds. I don't really care if they end up "deprived" because the federal government put these systems in a bad place, especially because many, many "underprivileged" are in terrible health because of their own decisions.

Ok, so you have zero compassion for underprivileged. What about millions on Medicare? They worked and funded the system thru their entire working career? Do you shove them in a few hospitals? Do you have parents or grandparents you want treated like that?

"Most" of these people have gotten so much more from the system than what they put in.

I have "most" in quotation marks because I don't want anyone saying that I'm saying "all".

I guess you think your parents and grand parents got more than they deserve too, right?

Ok, so you have zero compassion for underprivileged. What about millions on Medicare? They worked and funded the system thru their entire working career? Do you shove them in a few hospitals? Do you have parents or grandparents you want treated like that?
I have plenty of compassion. I realize that programs like Medicare and Medicaid and the government's endless meddling in healthcare have drastically reduced the quality of care and directly driven up costs making care actually inaccessible for many.

People who support those programs- people like you, making incredibly stupid emotional arguments- are the ones that are discompassionate. You want to feel good about yourself, you want to signal how much you care because the program is "paying" for people, yet what you've caused is a rot and mess so bad it makes things worse off for the people you claim to care about. It's easy to pretend to care when you can lazily dismiss the problems you've helped create.

The unvaccinated numbers of healthcare workers are minimal. This is an extensive list. Most of the hospitals it’s less than 1/2 a percent unvaccinated.

Update January 4 2022

It's more than 1/2 of 1% nationwide. You are reporting mostly hospitals in blue states/blue cities/blue political connections. Get into smaller clinics and redder areas and the numbers jump dramatically from 1/2 of 1%.

Just a little bit of color - The hospital chains (Baptist, etc) in the Memphis area were all around 60 percent vaccinated when they implemented vax mandates. Memphis isn't exactly a "red" area either.

Given some of the work spouse has done with COVID incentives for her employer, 1/2 of 1% of the medical industry is just not an accurate number. The percentage of vax doctors is high but as pay goes down, vax rates go way down too (nurses are lower than doctors, support and office staff vax rate is lower than nurses)

It's more than 1/2 of 1% nationwide. You are reporting mostly hospitals in blue states/blue cities/blue political connections. Get into smaller clinics and redder areas and the numbers jump dramatically from 1/2 of 1%.
I looked through the list I posted and here are ones that would be more middle America and the south, even Tennessee. Just posting ones where they gave the percentage.

New Orleans 1%, Shreveport 5%, North Carolina .3%
9C9ADF21-7197-45A3-89FF-6134BCCEDF0E.jpeg

Kansas 1%
3F51B515-B85A-409A-8816-61BBDA49A43D.jpeg

Chattanooga less than 1%
029F3B55-30CA-498D-A471-ECACC659C2C2.jpeg

I looked through the list I posted and here are ones that would be more middle America and the south, even Tennessee. Just posting ones where they gave the percentage.

New Orleans 1%, Shreveport 5%, North Carolina .3%
View attachment 428378

Kansas 1%
View attachment 428380

Chattanooga less than 1%
View attachment 428381

Fails to take into account people who quit before being fired and places without Vax mandate. For example, locally, thousands of people left Baptist before they could be fired to work at places that did not have mandates.

Trust me, it's a lot more than 50,000 unvax people in the medical industry (which is what 1/2 of 1% implies)

Fails to take into account people who quit before being fired and places without Vax mandate. For example, locally, thousands of people left Baptist before they could be fired to work at places that did not have mandates.

Trust me, it's a lot more than 50,000 unvax people in the medical industry (which is what 1/2 of 1% implies)
From the list I’m showing which includes 52 random healthcare systems around the country, it goes back to June and accounts for people who left on their own and were let go and it’s included in the statistics.

Most in our region are granting every exemption
I can tell you at UT, they were playing hardball until they realized the number of staff they'd lose. Then they pivoted to giving blanket exemptions. Before, they were denying them on the spot.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

Update January 4 2022

I can tell you specifically at UT, that they were projected to lose up to 30% of their staffing when thet moved to force vaccinate their staff while not even giving any exemptions whatsoever. They then pivoted to giving exemptions across the board. Your list is a lie

I guess you think your parents and grand parents got more than they deserve too, right?
I'm sure you could make that case. Just being honest.

Baby Boomers, in general (not saying all of them), don't really know what hard times are nor have they really had to make any sacrifices. They lived through the most prosperous times in this country's history and likely blew the opportunity given to them by living a life of o overindulgence and consumerism. At some point, they have to pay the piper.

VN Store

Back