Heard OUT per sources

It’s a gigantic loss. Dayne struggled in the bowl game against Iowa at offensive tackle and the OU DL is a lot better than Iowa’s was. I fail to see how this isn’t a big loss that’s our most important position on the OL
Are you sure? Iowa had a great. DL actually

I predicted this since Sunday and the coaches statement that he “could have played” vs NCSU.
I knew that was a lie but was called a chicken little here for pointing it out.
I bet he has the dreaded high ankle sprain that takes more time to recover from especially for big guys than a regular sprain.

I hate saying I told y’all so.
Because this hurts us.
Davis is ok.
Karic has been just ok
Umarov is out
Mays, Campbell, and Scraggins have all played hurt in recent past.
I don’t understand those who say we have quality depth in our oline.
I’d even take Mincey back right now.
But it is what it is.
Just please don’t get Nico hurt
😩😩😩Sorry, I can't find a hair on fire emoji. We'll be fine. We have a very good offensive line and Dane Davis could start for a whole lot of teams out there. Our offensive line will hold up just fine.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not good news, but the next guy up needs to play like he’s the #1 guy. Focus, up your game, protect your QB. Be THAT guy. Let Heupel figure out the rest and scheme around it. We’ll be fine.

This is not ideal and probably a bigger issue than some of you are suggesting. We should still win, but I’m worried about Nico getting blasted. The line was letting pressure through at times all 3 games. The line is much better at run blocking in my opinion.

Eh. It’s a pretty big loss. Yes, Davis has a lot of experience, but he’s consistently struggled in all that experience.
Davis isn’t in Heards universe. I like Dayne but there is reason he is second or third string. This sucks. Hopefully he is back sooner than later. LT is the second most important position on the OL.

Are you sure? Iowa had a great. DL actually
Nah, OU has an SEC patch on their uniform now, so they’re automatically better than the defense that held the eventual national champion under 300 yards of total offense last year. They’ve proved it by locking down such potent offenses as Temple and Houston!

I think we’ll be just fine with Davis starting. That being said, it is pretty annoying for the 2nd year in a row to have a starting Olineman out before a big road game. I also think that his injury is more serious than we’ve been led to believe because why else would he not play tomorrow if he was supposedly in playing condition last week?

I'm sure the coaching staff has planned for this all week in devising schemes to protect
Nico. Maybe more sprint outs or additional personnel to protect his blind side. May use
tight end in more blocking schemes, etc

We be fine. May be a little closer score than originally expected. 31-24 ish.

This is a huge loss. I was already worried about being able to block for Nico on his blindside. There have been several moments we did not do that well over the last few games. If Oklahoma can pressure him, this game could be way different than many predict. I see us going with more TE sets to help.

VN Store

Back