Heard OUT per sources

Davis is a 23-year-old grown man who’s spent over half a decade in our S&C program. I’ve got some concerns about pass blocking, but I feel pretty confident he can line up and stalemate Oklahoma’s ends if not blow them off the ball in the run game. Need to avoid pre-snap penalties and stay on schedule.

Hearing that it’s Heard’s agent that is holding him out. Does not want Heard playing unless he’s 100%. It’s a big loss. I think Davis is capable but Heard has some serious athleticism that will be missed. Overall tho, if we lose, it won’t be because one guy didn’t play. It’ll be a mixture of things. I think we’re fine. Vols by 10
If this is true, he needs to sit the rest of the year. Then transfer.

Not a good look to pro scouts nor other possible transfer destinations.

Hearing that it’s Heard’s agent that is holding him out. Does not want Heard playing unless he’s 100%. It’s a big loss. I think Davis is capable but Heard has some serious athleticism that will be missed. Overall tho, if we lose, it won’t be because one guy didn’t play. It’ll be a mixture of things. I think we’re fine. Vols by 10
Where did you hear that?

Dayne is on scholarship just like walk-ons Stetson Bennet and Ladd McConkey were for Georgia and they plugged them in and won a Natty and beat us. Newsflash if you are a walk-on and earn a scholarship the hard way you are not a walk-on forever.,
I think I’ve missed the games where Davis has performed at the level of those two examples.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
This still worries me. A breakdown in protection from Nico‘s blindside could wreck the entire season. Oklahoma will throw some sneaky hidden blitzes at us all game and we needed our 5 star left tackle.
This. And if he really doesn't play slide Campbell to LT. I do not want Davis protecting Nico's blind side

I agree...but...
AP & Hubbs have some 'SPLAININ' to do as LAST WEEK they BOTH said he'd "be ready to go against Kent State, but sitting out to insure he's ready for Oklahoma..."
I also remember our coach saying he could have played last week!

They did, and I trust Heupel to scheme around deficiencies more than most coaches. My only criticism is the first couple years of OL recruiting. It’s definitely improved to the point where I wouldn’t anticipate being in this situation in the coming years.
He had limited scholarships. He has to be picky

VN Store

Back