Heard OUT per sources

Davis isn’t in Heards universe. I like Dayne but there is reason he is second or third string. This sucks. Hopefully he is back sooner than later. LT is the second most important position on the OL.
I think dayne is mostly serviceable and we’ll be alright to get through this game. We’ve got a big stretch coming up after the bye week and hopefully heard gets well.

You think losing your OL that protects your QBs blindside isn’t major? I’d argue the only player on offense that would hurt more is Nico
I would agree with your argument. Tennessee’s come a long way, but we won’t be back until we can replace injured players with legit players. Alabama and Georgia don’t plug in walkons when someone goes down.

I would agree with your argument. Tennessee’s come a long way, but we won’t be back until we can replace injured players with legit players. Alabama and Georgia don’t plug in walkons when someone goes down.

Correct but Kirby and DeBoer walked into a way better situation roster wise than Heupel.

We knew it would take years to completely turn over the roster.

You think losing your OL that protects your QBs blindside isn’t major? I’d argue the only player on offense that would hurt more is Nico
His replacement will be Campbell, who protected our QB’s blind side last year (quite well) and who also did so at Miami. Davis will play RT, where he will be just fine.

Correct.
Mays is our most important olineman. Heard is second.
Yeah, I would rather have Heard than not that's an easy one:) but him being a True Freshman last year @ LSU. He's actually just played 2 games for UT so in this respect it does not give me as much pause, as if he was our 2nd best lineman that was like Cooper with over 40+ starts, then I would worry about continuity of the O-Line to run like a machine. Davis has 8 starts in his career and has played a lot over 4+ years and could probably coach this O-line. He knows exactly what to do but because he's not starting, no news flash here Heard is better so it hurts in that respect but may hurt more in 2nd half depth wise if this is a close game because our O-Line starters will have to play more snaps than the coach would like. JMO

Reactions: Vfl2407
Correct but Kirby and DeBoer walked into a way better situation roster wise than Heupel.

We knew it would take years to completely turn over the roster.
They did, and I trust Heupel to scheme around deficiencies more than most coaches. My only criticism is the first couple years of OL recruiting. It’s definitely improved to the point where I wouldn’t anticipate being in this situation in the coming years.

Dayne is on scholarship just like walk-ons Stetson Bennet and Ladd McConkey were for Georgia and they plugged them in and won a Natty and beat us. Newsflash if you are a walk-on and earn a scholarship the hard way you are not a walk-on forever.,

Hearing that it’s Heard’s agent that is holding him out. Does not want Heard playing unless he’s 100%. It’s a big loss. I think Davis is capable but Heard has some serious athleticism that will be missed. Overall tho, if we lose, it won’t be because one guy didn’t play. It’ll be a mixture of things. I think we’re fine. Vols by 10

Hearing that it’s Heard’s agent that is holding him out. Does not want Heard playing unless he’s 100%. It’s a big loss. I think Davis is capable but Heard has some serious athleticism that will be missed. Overall tho, if we lose, it won’t be because one guy didn’t play. It’ll be a mixture of things. I think we’re fine. Vols by 10
If true, this is another bad look for the "NIL era". Makes it look like the attitude is "I've got my money from TN, now I have to protect my future NFL earnings".

VN Store

Back