Here's some evidence that Rajon Neal has been coached up mentally

You may not be remembering 2003 correctly.

Miami started 2003 ranted #3 in the AP, and they had moved up to #2 by Week 3, where they stayed until the week before our game.

We started the season down in the 12-13 range (somehow), and we were coming off an 8-5 year where we got absolutely hammered by Maryland in the Peach Bowl.

When we played Miami, they were ranted #6 and had a 7-1 record. We were ranked #18 and had a 6-2 record, having lost in back-to-back weeks to Auburn and having been absolutely clobbered by #8 Georgia.

2003 was no cake walk. You'll have to forgive me if I keep my opinion of the atmosphere at the time.

2003 NCAA Division I-A football rankings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U can have ur opinion but I remember 03 just fine. One thing I know for sure is that I never doubted we could beat any team on our schedule during those times. Therefore I stick with my pt that times can't be compared or in anyway similar.

During those times we went into every season thinking we should and could be a NC contender. These days we are praying and offering our first child to the football gods to go to a bowl game. If u can't understand how off ur comparison is that's not my problem.

Also espn had Mia at 9 and us at 7 on the box score. Just letting u know cause I know u like ur references.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
IMO, Lane is a much better runner right now, and it's not even close.
Thats because Neal is a natural fullback, and Lane is a better fit to the tailback position. If Neal is played with Lane in an split backfield the yards per carry for both would increase.

Ughhhhh!!! We just beat two of the worst college football teams in the world and you think our running game is good?? Get back to me after the next two games.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit? I did not offer an opinion on the condition of our running game. I wrote having "JG as a coach was good for Neal". If you don't understand what is written maybe you mommy can help you next time.

U can have ur opinion but I remember 03 just fine. One thing I know for sure is that I never doubted we could beat any team on our schedule during those times. Therefore I stick with my pt that times can't be compared or in anyway similar.

During those times we went into every season thinking we should and could be a NC contender. These days we are praying and offering our first child to the football gods to go to a bowl game. If u can't understand how off ur comparison is that's not my problem.

Also espn had Mia at 9 and us at 7 on the box score. Just letting u know cause I know u like ur references.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nothing about having a conversation with you has been very pleasant.

Anyhow, because your recollection of the actual events is kind of spotty, here are the rankings for the two weeks leading up to that 2003 game:

Week 11: 2003 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 11 - ESPN

Week 12: 2003 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 12 - ESPN

Also, here is the quote from the game recap:

Berlin threw two interceptions and fumbled once as No. 18 Tennessee stunned sixth-ranked Miami 10-6 Saturday, knocking the Hurricanes out of the national championship picture for the first time in four years and ending the nation's longest home-winning streak at 26 games.

2003 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 12 - ESPN

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you reference the box score, but reality was that this game was a nice little upset. You seem to be basing your "recollection" on inaccurate information.

Finally, I'm sure you like to poke fun at me for actually supporting my statements with proof, so I'll mention that I wrote what I originally wrote from my memory of the actual events. When you told me I was wrong, I assumed you might know what you were talking about, which is why I bothered to go and check. As it stands, I'm pretty thankful that my memory has held up this long.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back