Home crowd

The baseball crowd will replicate the TBA basketball crowd. Eerily quiet with the blue hairs holding their little emotional support lap dogs while sitting on their rears the entire game and not cheering anything.
Iā€™m not bashing any fan group but fans need to be fans that create an advantage for the home team.
Actually you were. Your disrespectful depiction of our mothers and fathers/grandparents can't be spun any other way. Anyway, go read Jared Dickeys shared post. Addresses quiet by any fans respectively.

I was watching UK game and their fans were rowdy even when they were up big. The opposing pitcher you could tell the crowd was getting to him every time he'd get 0 & 2 count they shouted it so loud in unison you could hear on TV. Bunch of Bourbon filled fans, while we had Mimosa Brunch crowd.o_O Starting at 11 AM Eastern definitely helps the visitors.
Yes kittens 6pm start more advantageous for blue and some wearing pink frilly hats.

I just spoke to my son just now about the crowd.
He said they were loud as they (student section) heckled the first baseman all game long. I donā€™t condone them bringing up the first basemanā€™s family members, but the student section apparently was loud. When I asked again why LNS appeared quiet on TV, he said the older people in attendance acted like they were at a movie theater.

When I asked again why LNS appeared quiet on TV, he said the older people in attendance acted like they were at a movie theater.

There are certain fans that are there just to socialize. They are also the same fans who just expected that we would win 2 games with ease. Iā€™m not sure there is anything you can do about that sadly.

Yes! This. Right. Here. Be positive and supportive. Yelling to tell CTV ā€œto take a pitcher outā€ isnā€™t being a fan or supporting the team. No one wants to hear that negativityā€”especially the players and loyal, supportive fans! (Iā€™m not talking about the chants when the opposing coach visits the mound, Iā€™m referring to the idiotic TN fans who yell to take one of our own pitchers out). GBO!

Yes, home runs are always a bad sign.

Hey, @vol66 would you consider light moderation for this type of stuff or folks starting new threads?

No set rule, generally I let Noobs be Noobs. I take no joy in deleting posts, everyone can have their say as long itā€™s civil and not just completely out of bounds.

I have to remember, at times, this is the only game in town and folks come hereā€¦some wade in, others wanna splash around. Is what it is.

Calling players/trash and garbage, is a 100% gone iffin I see it.

None of this should need to be said at this point.

Legoooooooooooooo!!!!

There are certain fans that are there just to socialize. They are also the same fans who just expected that we would win 2 games with ease. Iā€™m not sure there is anything you can do about that sadly.
Thereā€™s not, and it is the same at most stadiums and arenas. I think it depends where the student section is located - all sports.

Itā€™s always been my opinion that the student seating should be closest to the field, court, or diamond as they are more passionate and part of the university. Plus, the players feed off their energy.

I know itā€™s about the Benjamins and there enough good seats for season ticket holders.
As a šŸˆ season ticket holder, I donā€™t have a problem allowing students to have the best seats.

Many may disagree with me and thatā€™s fine, but the atmosphere is more electric (esp baseball and basketball) when students are more involved. Just my $.02.

Go Vols!

He said they were loud as they (student section) heckled the first baseman all game long. I donā€™t condone them bringing up the first basemanā€™s family members, but the student section apparently was loud. When I asked again why LNS appeared quiet on TV, he said the older people in attendance acted like they were at a movie theater.
Exactly. The older ones should sell their tickets. I'm nearly 62, after a game at Neyland I can't hardly talk for 3 days.

Thereā€™s not, and it is the same at most stadiums and arenas. I think it depends where the student section is located - all sports.

Itā€™s always been my opinion that the student seating should be closest to the field, court, or diamond as they are more passionate and part of the university. Plus, the players feed off their energy.

I know itā€™s about the Benjamins and there enough good seats for season ticket holders.
As a šŸˆ season ticket holder, I donā€™t have a problem allowing students to have the best seats.

Many may disagree with me and thatā€™s fine, but the atmosphere is more electric (esp baseball and basketball) when students are more involved. Just my $.02.

Go Vols!
Truth

Go Vols!
I agree, but just like in TBA, there's no contractual way to displace the bluehairs with the Rocky Top Rowdies. Basketball would be significantly more electric with young people courtside.

The first thing about this post is that bringing up personal things about a playerā€˜s family only hurts us as that gives the visitors impetus and drive to win. That is just plain bad tactics if you want your team to win.

Secondly, I have a bunch of 50, 60, and 70 somethingā€™s in my section and we get pretty rowdy. So, ā€œolder people acting like theyā€™re at a movieā€ is a bad generalization about folks. Some, maybe. All, no. Iā€™m grateful to see these fans whoā€™ve come for decades despite health issues and the declines that age brings on. Much respect to these folks.

Everyone should be welcomed with open arms who make the effort to be there. Cheer on the Vols as best as you can. Cheer hard tonight, folks.

The first thing about this post is that bringing up personal things about a playerā€˜s family only hurts us as that gives the visitors impetus and drive to win. That is just plain bad tactics if you want your team to win.

Secondly, I have a bunch of 50, 60, and 70 somethingā€™s in my section and we get pretty rowdy. So, ā€œolder people acting like theyā€™re at a movieā€ is a bad generalization about folks. Some, maybe. All, no. Iā€™m grateful to see these fans whoā€™ve come for decades despite health issues and the declines that age brings on. Much respect to these folks.

Everyone should be welcomed with open arms who make the effort to be there. Cheer on the Vols as best as you can. Cheer hard tonight, folks.
Yeah. Agree. My son knows how I feel. He said a couple just called the playerā€™s relative by name , nothing derogatory. He knows how he was raised so hopefully he refrainsā€¦..

Here we go boys. We'll take it to them. Rough up that starter, whip any reliever, and take their souls from and purple ace that steps in the box.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I believe the fans will show more energy today. They realize this is the last
chance for the team. Yesterday was just house money or a freebie.

Today it is basically for all the marbles, I think the fans will show their faith today.

Go VOLS!!

Danny White will win big, but he's pricing a lot of people out of every sport.

Welcome to every major university in the country. Sports are expensive. If youā€™re even mildly successful in a sport, tickets will go up. Itā€™s just how it is. Itā€™s a problem any school worth their salt has.

They did that in the pastā€¦too much construction.
AD White discussed this a couple weeks ago, stating there was too much construction and liability around the stadium.

I bet the watch parties return next season

VN Store

Back