Honestly, what did you expect?

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
I just logged on here and it's an absolute train wreck.

What exactly did you, as a fan, expect today?

There were threads on here talking about how Oregon wasn't that good, they were over-rated, they were smaller than UT...

What did you expect?

I saw a team that did what they wanted to when they wanted to. I hope UT learned from this and will respond against UF next week.

Reactions: 9 people

There were threads on here talking about how Oregon wasn't that good, they were over-rated, they were smaller than UT...

What did you expect?

I saw a team that did what they wanted to when they wanted to. I hope UT learned from this and will respond against UF next week.

Oregon is a great football team and we're not. With that said, I had hoped we could have at least scored 20+ and held them to under 50. We have a long way to go.

We'll find out what kind of guys they got next week. Either be a pity party or they come out motivated. Coach em up butch.

I expected to be in the game at least until midway through the 3rd quarter.

I said all week if we hold them under 50, we could claim a moral victory.

That game was over on the opening kick return that got called back.

New coach does not equal increased athleticism...at least until he gets 2-3 yrs worth of recruits on board.

Reactions: 2 people
Oregon is probably going to go undefeated and could win the National Championship. If we beat them today, we would probably be in national title talks.... What are the crazies expecting and thinking? Making a fool of themselves...That's what.

Reactions: 1 person
I said all week if we hold them under 50, we could claim a moral victory.

That game was over on the opening kick return that got called back.

New coach does not equal increased athleticism...at least until he gets 2-3 yrs worth of recruits on board.

Agree. I'm tired of waiting but what else is there to do.

I didnt expect virginia to look better vs Oregon than we did. Especially the running game. Not sure why, this line has never blocked for the run well.

What did you expect?

I expected this team to be "resilient". To fight to get the tough yards. Ya know all that crap CBJ has been preaching.

Honestly, I hope Butch can erase this out of their memories.

UT will not face another offense like this.

The fans on here that are burning mattresses and bridges need to calm down. UT learned a lot today. Butch knows he got his ass handed to him today and will learn from it!

I honestly think UT will win against UF next week.

The same thing any logical person would expect when a school's 4th coach in 5 years takes a decimated/Dooley'd squad on the road against one of the best teams in the nation:A beatdown.

Oh wait this is Volnation. Should've expected a 7-10 point win/loss.

Reactions: 3 people

What did you expect?

Look, an honest assessment of this team is that we will struggle and find our way in 2013 & 2014. Then in 2015, we should be able to get an 8 win season.

This season, (1) Hard schedule (2) New coaching staff that the players are getting used to,not just the coaches but the system that is new to them. (3) New q.b. who is not very effective (4) New receivers who are growing but have no consistent q.b. to get the ball to them.

2014, (1) Hard schedule (2) The entire starting offensive line will be in the N.F.L. and will need to be replaced. (3) The majority of the starters on the defensive line will have graduated or left early for the N.F.L. and will need to be replaced.

2015, (1) The team as a whole will not have to recover from a large amount of graduates. (2) bUTch will have had 3 recruiting classes to come to U.T. (3) Older players would have grown up on his system, not Dooley's or Kiffin's. 2015 will be the season that we make huge gains. A winning season, a bowl win, a ranking in the top #25, etc. etc.

I expect very little from the team in 2013 or in 2014. So, I am not going to be disappointed.

bottom line is that there were a lot of people that did not (and still may not) accept that there is a talent problem at tennessee.

a lot of people believed all of the problems were because dooley was a bad coach. just replace a bad coach with a good coach and everything would turn around immediately.

so, i think that is why there were some people who had expectations that were too high today.

What did you expect?

I feel like we gave up 28-35 points simply by the pace & not being set. That's the game though & there's no excuse. You live & learn. Talent wise, especially speed, we were out manned. Qb play is terrible at UT right now. 14 points wasn't ever gonna keep it close.

I expected vols fans to act like vols fans and actually "expect" to be in a damn ball game out matched or not..... I'm pulling your vol fan card as of now

Reactions: 4 people
bottom line is that there were a lot of people that did not (and still may not) accept that there is a talent problem at tennessee.

a lot of people believed all of the problems were because dooley was a bad coach. just replace a bad coach with a good coach and everything would turn around immediately.

so, i think that is why there were some people who had expectations that were too high today.

I agree. I think if Butch can keep his recruiting going at this pace that UT fans will look back and realize how "dis-advantaged" talent wise UT has been.

I have faith in the process, but this year is looking bleak. Our "winnable" games are looking slim. Auburn and Candy both look better than our boys at this point. Having said that, this team is better than the product we saw today. This team will bounce back. They may not win, but they will scare Florida next week.

I expected vols fans to act like vols fans and actually "expect" to be in a damn ball game out matched or not..... I'm pulling your vol fan card as of now

When you punt on 4th & short when they score on 4th down you won't ever win. Our inability to move the ball ultimately cost us. Not that we would've won but damn it could've been a game for awhile.

Honestly, I hope Butch can erase this out of their memories.

UT will not face another offense like this.

The fans on here that are burning mattresses and bridges need to calm down. UT learned a lot today. Butch knows he got his ass handed to him today and will learn from it!

I honestly think UT will win against UF next week.

Not with Worley at the helm.

VN Store

Back