Honestly, what did you expect?

When you punt on 4th & short when they score on 4th down you won't ever win. Our inability to move the ball ultimately cost us. Not that we would've won but damn it could've been a game for awhile.

Dude if you have to go for it on 4th down every drive you don't deserve to win and won't

bottom line is that there were a lot of people that did not (and still may not) accept that there is a talent problem at tennessee.

a lot of people believed all of the problems were because dooley was a bad coach. just replace a bad coach with a good coach and everything would turn around immediately.

so, i think that is why there were some people who had expectations that were too high today.

absolutely. as i said to my friend earlier watching the game, once you see max arnold and john propst out there, you know we are not SEC talent level right now. that has to change first. butch took a knife to a gun fight today...doesn't mean we can't play hard and get an upset somewhere...but not today, not at all.

I expected better production from the offense. Maybe 20 points or so. If we had done that then we could have held them to 50 or under. The offense put a tremendous burden on the defense. I really thought Worley was better, but now I'm convinced he's just not that good. He passed the ball much better last year during the games he got to start while Bray was hurt.

No way we beat Fla.. we can't score with worley n the off has three maybe four plays they ran the entire game... my flag football team is more creative than this off staff.. those formation n plays will not work in sec..maybe once every four years but not every year... say give him three years to recruit to win 8 games omg we can't wait 3 years.. people not in today's world..

I said 7 wins n im standing by it but qb has to be better or change or we r screwed..n some creativity on off..

Oh n I ask what part of this team looked better than dools team???? I will look for the list because I didn't see any n I hated dools ....

Reactions: 1 person
why? just curious.

Because I think Butch will show up pissed off!

The UT team I saw today looked like every piss poor coached UT team I've seen in the past. Can't move the ball on offense. Reveivers wide open on Defense.

Watching today's game reminded me of every "3rd and Chavis, "Ole Miss in 2009, the 1st offensive series UF had against UT in '11, and 1st, 2nd, or 3rd and Sunseri. It didn't matter. It was all the same, just a different HC.

However, I truly believe Jones will take this to heart and respond.

I just logged on here and it's an absolute train wreck.

What exactly did you, as a fan, expect today?

There were threads on here talking about how Oregon wasn't that good, they were over-rated, they were smaller than UT...

What did you expect?

I saw a team that did what they wanted to when they wanted to. I hope UT learned from this and will respond against UF next week.

Uh, fight, imagination, going all out, guns a blazin, reverses, deep throws, not punting every chance we could punt, passes deeper tHan 20 yards, not hand off left, not hand off right 98% of play calls, not Worley keeping every possible hand off. Did i expect to win kinda but that is my nature, did i expect us to play close to to vest, no. Unless the plan plane was to be vanilla and not show to much for Fl to see, then game plane accomplished.

The UT team I saw today looked like every piss poor coached UT team I've seen in the past. Can't move the ball on offense. Reveivers wide open on Defense.

Watching today's game reminded me of every "3rd and Chavis, "Ole Miss in 2009, the 1st offensive series UF had against UT in '11, and 1st, 2nd, or 3rd and Sunseri. It didn't matter. It was all the same, just a different HC.

in a week?

the thread title now is starting to be ironic.

it's unreasonable for butch to turn this around in a year and he can't turn it around in a week, i don't care how ticked off he is.

good news is florida's offense isn't going to put up a point total and run and hide.

however, the bad news is florida's defense is extremely legit. i don't see tennessee scoring enough without help.

There were threads on here talking about how Oregon wasn't that good, they were over-rated, they were smaller than UT...

What did you expect?

I saw a team that did what they wanted to when they wanted to. I hope UT learned from this and will respond against UF next week.

A coach that managed the game to avoid letting it get out of hand mid-way through the 1st qtr.

Creativity. Imagination. A strategy that made Oregon play more to UT's strengths instead of exclusively to their own.

I hoped to see a team that showed better than UVA and Nicholl's State.

Reactions: 2 people
I expected UT to play the Quacks closer than Wash St and Fresno St did.

I expected more out of Worley, like not missing wide open receivers.

I expected a better game plan.

I expected a loss.

Went 1 out of 4, at least.

I expected us to lose. I also expected use to be competitive and at least give them a challenge.

No way we win at Florida. Unless our QB play gets much better and we figure out how to cover in the secondary three wins may be the number.

I like Coach Jones, he says all the right things and is an outstanding motivator, but it has to translate on the field. I think it will, I'm just not sure I have the patients to let it happen. Not that what I think really matters to anyone other than me. I'm just not the type of person that can easily accept a loss, reasonable or not.

Reactions: 1 person

What did you expect?

Agreed..I think we all have been drinking the Butchade and had some unreal expectations leading into this game. I agree with most if not all the post about our inept offense(Kid's got good heart but Worley is not the man), Butch and staff were a bit overwhelmed and made some ultra conservative calls. However all that being said we will be OK. What did people expect- Butch to come in have a few practices/camps a la "Remember the Titans", and we'd somehow play out of our minds and go undefeated?
The reality is we still have a great opportunity to go 7-5 or better and imho that includes an upset over one of the remaining big 5 teams and us dropping another somewhere later in the season...or if we get a little lucky 8-5. Things are never as bad or as good as they seem so take heart vol fans..as long as we get our passing game sorted things can still turn out nicely~ GBO

A coach that managed the game to avoid letting it get out of hand mid-way through the 1st qtr.

Creativity. Imagination. A strategy that made Oregon play more to UT's strengths instead of exclusively to their own.

I hoped to see a team that showed better than UVA and Nicholl's State.

You also have to consider that Oregon was playing harder against UT than they were in their first two games.

They got an SEC team in their house and they wanted blood.

I was expecting we'd get beat. Hell, I was expecting we'd get beat pretty badly. But man, I sure was hoping we could keep it from being our most lopsided loss in over a century.

in a week?

the thread title now is starting to be ironic.

it's unreasonable for butch to turn this around in a year and he can't turn it around in a week, i don't care how ticked off he is.

good news is florida's offense isn't going to put up a point total and run and hide.

however, the bad news is florida's defense is extremely legit. i don't see tennessee scoring enough without help.

No, I expected UT to lose today. It got out of hand early.

UF doesn't play at the pace Oregon does. If UT can learn from this, they'll be fine...including next week.

Our fan base is more embarrassing than the loss today. Oregon is a great football team. Tennessee is an inexperienced football team. Oregon beats Tennessee and our fans are ready to jump off a cliff. You people are ridiculous. Grow up, watch football, and quit acting so stupid.

Reactions: 3 people

being pissed off won't help when you have a talent gap. law gator is right...we are in the lower half talent-wise in the SEC, maybe in PAC 12 as well.

I feel so much emphathy for the Seniors! For those who came in 2010 who were not given the opportunity to develop and not developed to their full potential; who are now experiencing the non-forgiving and wrath-full nature of VOL NATION. To those young men who chose to go UT, though many could have been a member of the Crimsom Tide; the Oregon Ducks or the Notre Dame Irish. But yet, they, under the impression that the "T" was the place where they could make a difference, stayed. With no consistent quarterback (including Bray - he should be on his knees daily --thankful that an NFL team gave him a chance -- because regardless of any yard success he may have had, he most certainly was not an A. J. McCarron, Manziel, or excuse me, I can't think of the OR QB, but not him either -- "fickle" is the word that comes to mind) For those who expressed the thought that OR had our OL "standing up" -- well I certainly preferred them "standing up" and giving the QB enough time to bake a cake and serve it to everyone in the stadium,as opposed to giving up sack, after sack, after sack. In summary, the SENIORS have given their all to UT without the benefit of a consistent coaching staff, creative play options and competitive talent on both sides of the ball (we had it -- but as we all know, many went for the money -- I don't blame them; however, the front five enabled them to be able to do so) -- So give a your team a break, UT surely did not do what it could have done with it's current players; but the future has yet to be revealed. The OL has been termed as one of the best in the SEC, in spite of all of it's challenges. They deserve a wealth of support for for continuing the fight for the Big Orange!!!:salute:

Last edited:
I said all week if we hold them under 50, we could claim a moral victory.

That game was over on the opening kick return that got called back.

New coach does not equal increased athleticism...at least until he gets 2-3 yrs worth of recruits on board.

Yes, yes, and yes.

What did you expect?

I didn't expect to ever see a TN team get beat the way they did today, did you

VN Store

Back