How are we feeling on the kicking game?

RockiesTop22

On the night train from Memphis
I know I know- not the sexiest topic but after being really impressed with the kicking in the FSU/GT game and knowing how vital those 3 points can be I was just curious.

I know we had a year of Ross.. and although he scares the crap out of me running around he ending up being a dang good punter.

How are we feeling about Turby though? He was quoted as saying Field Goal was his “3rd strength” behind kickoffs and punts- anyone thoughts on how he’s looking and what his range is?

I know I know- not the sexiest topic but after being really impressed with the kicking in the FSU/GT game and knowing how vital those 3 points can be I was just curious.

I know we had a year of Ross.. and although he scares the crap out of me running around he ending up being a dang good punter.

How are we feeling about Turby though? He was quoted as saying Field Goal was his “3rd strength” behind kickoffs and punts- anyone thoughts on how he’s looking and what his range is?
Good question

Reactions: BigOrangeSky

No thoughts. WHY!!!!??? Well, we pay Heupel & Co. to worry about stuff like that. So, I'll just enjoy my Black Eyed Peas, turnip greens infused with shredded ham from corn and alfalfa fed hogs, baked yam, yellow cornbread, and goat milk stout. And just trust the Heup people with having the boys prepped.

Last edited:
No thoughts. WHY!!!!??? Well, we pay Heupel & Co. to worry about stuff like that. So, I'll jut enjoy my Black Eyed Peas, turnip greens infused with shredded ham from corn and alfalfa fed hogs, baked yam, yellow cornbread, and goat milk stout. And just trust the Heup people with having the boys prepped.
I keep hoping they’ll find the right medication to help you.

No thoughts. WHY!!!!??? Well, we pay Heupel & Co. to worry about stuff like that. So, I'll just enjoy my Black Eyed Peas, turnip greens infused with shredded ham from corn and alfalfa fed hogs, baked yam, yellow cornbread, and goat milk stout. And just trust the Heup people with having the boys prepped.

Oh geez. I'm so impressed with what you ate for dinner 🙄

I’m just ready to see Ross run one for about 40 yards at a critical juncture.

How are we feeling on the kicking game?​

Well, I ran your question through our brand new Hewlett Packard IBM photosynthesis Gama X299 Advanced Analyzer, and this is what it said:

On fourth and long - Punt
Inside the 40 on 4th down - attempt a Field Goal

1724621496868.png

cousin-vinny7.gif

Well, I ran your question through our brand new Hewlett Packard IBM photosynthesis Gama X299 Advanced Analyzer, and this is what it said:

View attachment 670249

Did I get the movie reference?

Our punter can kick with either foot…probably average over 50 yards/punt if he just punts right footed but will use the left sometimes just to challenge the returners with a different spin - so he’ll only average 46-48 yards/punt.

But the most exciting thing is that Heupel didn’t show off his running and passing skill last year so he’s going to shock the SEC and the football world this year. It’s pretty widely know by those close to the program that Jackson Moss has the second best arm on the team and could probably win the QB job at half the SEC schools. You match that with his 4.1 speed and you know why Heupel may start going to punt formation on 3rd down just to get Ross more touches…

I’ve got to reload my bong but then I’ll update you guys on our place kicker….

It’s time for a Colquitt to procreate. 😉

Considering we ALL watched a Game won by a last second kick yesterday...not a bad question as ALL!

View attachment 670249
Appreciate your contribution

All I need is a line in the creek to make that picture perfect, sir. Can't beat hogs fed that good.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Maybe the lineman on PATs have spent extra time conditioning this off-season to reduce the injuries that always seem to occur.
I was at the USCjr game last year and a guy was beside me who said he was the uncle of someone on the line (not sure who) and that’s by design.. always an injury after a quick score to give the defense more time

VN Store

Back