How are we feeling on the kicking game?

Dang has it always been in April? I remember going as a kid and it was hotter than blue blazes. Would’ve sworn it was July.

Touring the Lodge plant in that heat was like a facsimile of Saudi Arabia, I imagine.
All I know is that this April, it indeed felt like July. It is of course held on about four blocks on open street with basically no shade. My advice is to go early instead of midday; but then you also miss a lot of the better musical acts.

Frankly, if Woodsman doesn’t raise his own goats and brew his own beer, I’ll be a little let down.

Woody, are you actually Tom Bombadil? Wouldn’t surprise me if Tom Bombadil was a Vol fan.
No. Mom knew better than to name me "Tom." As for the beer, Whole Foods a few years back used to stock goat milk stout. I don't recall what company brewed it. Then they stopped. So I now order it from a company called Three Monkeys (Brejas). I used to order from Horny Goat Brewery (via Beer-n-Stuff), but too often they are either out, or it takes forever to get your order. I used to also order, garlic wine. The company that sold it seems to now be out of business. I'm trying to convince Shirley to let me try garlic beer. She puts up with a lot of my food adventures, but sometimes draws a line.
1724698552812.png
1724699377695.jpeg

No. Mom knew better than to name me "Tom." As for the beer, Whole Foods a few years back used to stock goat milk stout. I don't recall what company brewed it. Then they stopped. So I now order it from a company called Three Monkeys (Brejas). I used to order from Horny Goat Brewery (via Beer-n-Stuff), but too often they are either out, or it takes forever to get your order. I used to also order, garlic wine. The company that sold it seems to now be out of business. I'm trying to convince Shirley to let me try garlic beer. She puts up with a lot of my food adventures, but sometimes draws a line.
View attachment 670506
View attachment 670510
I absolutely LOVE garlic jelly. And if I can ever make to California for the annual Gilroy Garlic Festival, I want to try the famous garlic ice cream
There are countless ways in which I may meet my end; but vampires aren’t on the list 😉

I know I know- not the sexiest topic but after being really impressed with the kicking in the FSU/GT game and knowing how vital those 3 points can be I was just curious.

I know we had a year of Ross.. and although he scares the crap out of me running around he ending up being a dang good punter.

How are we feeling about Turby though? He was quoted as saying Field Goal was his “3rd strength” behind kickoffs and punts- anyone thoughts on how he’s looking and what his range is?
The bigger question is who will we use to get 'injured' on extra points? We're gonna need a lot of 'em.

The one thing about the LOTR trilogy that bothered me, is that they left out ole Tom.
That and the other thing that bothered me was the Mouth of Sauron. In the book it was clear that he was clearly a man, ancient beyond belief; but Peter Jackson just made him into yet another cheap horror flick monster. I side with the people who thought David Bowie would have been the perfect casting choice (or Keith Richards 😉).

That is easy to make with peppers from the store. No gardening required. Give it a go. I prefer raw peppers, but FIL makes the vinegar from his garden. A classic.
But in actuality, can you pick a pot of pickled peppers?

I know I know- not the sexiest topic but after being really impressed with the kicking in the FSU/GT game and knowing how vital those 3 points can be I was just curious.

I know we had a year of Ross.. and although he scares the crap out of me running around he ending up being a dang good punter.

How are we feeling about Turby though? He was quoted as saying Field Goal was his “3rd strength” behind kickoffs and punts- anyone thoughts on how he’s looking and what his range is?
Ross was stalling for the punt coverage. That punting team was excellent, and I would love to see that again. Him being ambipedal or either-footed adds to the fun and literally puts a fresh spin on things.

VN Store

Back