How do we factor Dooley and Sal?

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
Past couple of days we've been given a lot of lessons about objectivity and homerism.

Dooley and Sal were abysmal.

Everytime I see Dooley with the invisible binoculars I cringe. I will never hear "for want of a nail" the same way again. "Shower discipline" is part of the Vol lexicon. The man compared our Vols to the Nazi Army and then apologized to the Germans listening to his spiel. This was our head coach who treated the job like an extended interview for a TV gig or comedy circuit.

Sal Sunseri makes the Incredible Hulk look like an erudite Harvard debater.

The results from these two masters of disaster showed - we lost 3 - 5 more games than we should have last year.

Let's shout out to Chaney too who did not coach Bray and who did not give our offense proper balance.

Coach Jones is killing it. If not Gruden, then Jones for me. Absolutely. He has a record of getting more with less throughout his career.

How do we factor Dooley and Sal into the upcoming season? I think we are WAY more talented than our record last year on both sides of the ball (clearly though, we lost a lot of talent on offense). Even if the offense loses 40% production (I don't think it will, btw), the defense should be 2x to 3x better. Oregon is our best chance at a major upset. I think it's a huge game for CBJ.

Reactions: 8 people
Past couple of days we've been given a lot of lessons about objectivity and homerism.

Everytime I see Dooley with the invisible binoculars I cringe. I will never hear "for want of a nail" the same way again. "Shower discipline" is part of the Vol lexicon. The man compared our Vols to the Nazi Army and then apologized to the Germans listening to his spiel. This was our head coach who treated the job like an extended interview for a TV gig or comedy circuit.

The results from these two masters of disaster showed - we lost 3 - 5 more games than we should have last year.

Let's shout out to Chaney too who did not coach Bray and who did not give our offense proper balance.

Coach Jones is killing it. If not Gruden, then Jones for me. Absolutely. He has a record of getting more with less throughout his career.

How do we factor Dooley and Sal into the upcoming season? I think we are WAY more talented than our record last year on both sides of the ball (clearly though, we lost a lot of talent on offense). Even if the offense loses 40% production (I don't think it will, btw), the defense should be 2x to 3x better. Oregon is our best chance at a major upset. I think it's a huge game for CBJ.

Like how you cringe at the binoculars but your profile has "Looking for Rommel" on it lol the irony.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm just glad that those two are gone.

They aren't gone. As it is, they seem firmly entrenched because people just won't let go and let gone, be gone. So they pop up here in perpetual looping threads. It's seems we have people who just love to hate and are incapable of forgiving and forgetting which is not the same as trusting again. And that's a fact(or). :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
I was with you right up until you said our best chance at an upset is Oregon. I just don't see it happening.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I wish both got hired together in another SEC school so that we can get an automatic W every year!

That's how VOLS were treated by the bigs the last few years! :(

I was with you right up until you said our best chance at an upset is Oregon. I just don't see it happening.

I'll never count beating Vandy as an "upset."

Missou too. Classic Dooley and Sal last year. Say them together, and those two even sound like a comedy double act.

We win the ones we should. If we are lucky and Jones success carries on to the field, we'll upset somebody. If we don't upset anyone we still finish the season with a bowl win. That's this years Tennessee's team with out dumb and dumber.

Reactions: 1 person

They (oregon) do travel 'cross-country to face Virginia the week before us.

That being said, if at all our chances were to be set up to win it would look like this: Oregon travels to the other side of the country to face an ACC opponent then comes back home to face Tennessee at 12:30PM the following Saturday.

The thing is Oregon has BCS National Championship hopes and we have "bowl game" hopes. I will say it is setup for a chance, but that chance still has many orange question marks that may have us standing in the pond.

Sal Sunseri is at Fl State, and Drooley is at Dallas. They do not factor into this season. And "we" who try to factor them into it should be keelhauled by the Vol Navy.

Reactions: 2 people
"Everytime I see Dooley with the invisible binoculars I cringe."

If the binoculars make you cringe, the "we always beat the hell outta Vandy" clip makes me want to vomit- I work with a Vandy guy who plays that ad nauseam.
That damn orange dog on that @#$#ing dolly is downright embarrassing also haha

What is a Dooley and Sunseri?

dumb-and-dumber1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Sal Sunseri is at Fl State, and Drooley is at Dallas. They do not factor into this season. And "we" who try to factor them into it should be keelhauled by the Vol Navy.

this

I don't hate DD, he just isn't SEC HC material. Some coaches are career coordinators and some are career position coaches (Sal). We had a good coordinator in Wilcox, should of kept him.

VN Store

Back