How do you feel about the current makeup of the SEC?

๐“˜ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ค๐“ข๐“’๐“ณ๐“ป, ๐“&๐“œ, ๐“๐“ป๐“ด๐“ช๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ผ, ๐“œ๐“ฒ๐”ƒ๐”ƒ๐“พ, ๐“ค๐“ฃ๐“ณ๐“ป, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ
๐“ž๐“ด๐“ต๐“ช๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“”๐“’.

๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”‚ ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“๐“ž๐“ฃ ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป.

I feel like Texas is in for an awakening that people around here are not going to kiss their ass. They may be able to bully A&M see the baseball coach. However I don't believe this Conference was it was without Texas adding them and Oklahoma will undoubtedly make for harder schedules in ALL sports. However no one fears either.

Your business analogy is just fine. I don't even disagree with it. However, the thread's title is: How do you feel about the current makeup of the SEC?
So my response is an opinion, which is what it asked for. Which I remain steadfast about. Cause I know, no matter what I think, the SEC's evolution is and will be what it is. Ah,is, amu uh Souther. Bonned an' bread. Uh Souther ah'll be til ah is am dun and ded.
The SEC should add Hawai'i. That's my #1 place for a bucket list trip. ๐Ÿ˜

Itโ€™s fine imo. The conference has maintained a southern character, even if it is diluted. Imagine how the Big 10 feels lol.

I feel like the Big10 would work a little better if they just added a couple of more Western teams. Cal/Stanford just seem like they belong in the Big10. Another combo could be Stanford and Colorado or Stanford and Utah. Colorado would fit for a great rivalry game to help Nebraska and gives them Denver market.

I get it is about $$$ but having a couple of more Western teams saves on the travel and makes the new teams just fit better.

Reactions: Volfan1000
OU and Texas feel like they kind of fit in the SEC with the large fanbases and success (A&M as well). Missouri still seems like they don't belong. Missouri isn't a bad fit but they feel more like a UK or Vandy.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Itโ€™s decent. Most of the league will provide enough of a challenge to keep things interesting, but Iโ€™d like to see some of the cupcakes like Vandy and Missouri replaced with Clemson and Florida State.

๐“˜ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ค๐“ข๐“’๐“ณ๐“ป, ๐“&๐“œ, ๐“๐“ป๐“ด๐“ช๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ผ, ๐“œ๐“ฒ๐”ƒ๐”ƒ๐“พ, ๐“ค๐“ฃ๐“ณ๐“ป, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ
๐“ž๐“ด๐“ต๐“ช๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“”๐“’.

๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”‚ ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“๐“ž๐“ฃ ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป.
This all day... & cursive is best. :cool:

Adding Texas is kind of interesting because it feels like its got rivalry written all over it. You have the Alamo, Volunteers, and real UT thing all going. It kind of writes itself. Oklahoma also no problem with that. A&M and Missou are water under the bridge and I can think of way worse teams we could have added in their places. They all fit culturally in the SEC. None of these are scrub programs they are all programs that bring some level of competition to the SEC in multiple sports.

It's not just about football. Basketball (men and women) and Baseball count also. They all field competitive teams in all the major sports. Both A&M and Oklahoma spent time in the top 10 this past season adding to SEC dominance of the sport. I'm pretty sure A&M ended up 2 and Oklahoma 18th. Keeping teams in the news (positively) in all sports is good for the league. The last 5 CSW champs were SEC teams all different ones. since 2000 13 of 24 have been SEC with Texas winning 2.. they all also have good track and field programs. Dont sleep on those things because they play a part in TV deals.

Here are the DI college baseball programs with the most Men's College World Series titles:
  • USC has won 12 Men's College World Series championships
  • LSU is alone in second with seven after winning the title in 2023
  • Texas follows with six
  • Arizona State has won five
  • Arizona, Cal State Fullerton, Miami (Fla.) are tied with four
  • Minnesota and Oregon State have each won three
  • Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Stanford, Oklahoma, Michigan and California have each won two

Last edited:
Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Mama don't allow no guitar playing in here.
"Don't tell Mama I'm a guitar picker; she'll think I've lost my mind.
'Cause Mama knows where a guitar goes trouble ain't far behind.
I could fight, drank, rob a bank, 'n raise all kinds of hell...

But don't tell Mama I'm a guitar picker;
She thinks I'm just in jail."

----Bill Caswell

Adding Texas is kind of interesting because it feels like itโ€™s got rivalry written all over it. You have the Alamo, Volunteers, and real UT thing all going. It kind of writes itself. Oklahoma also no problem with that. A&M and Missou are water under the bridge and I can think of way worse teams we could have added in their places. They all fit culturally in the SEC. None of these are scrub programs they are all programs that bring some level of competition to the SEC in multiple sports.
Disagree with your assessment of Missouri. They havenโ€™t won a championship in a major sport since the โ€˜50s and struggle to sell out their tiny stadium. They are a prototypical midwestern US team and thatโ€™s where they should be conference wise.

Even though I donโ€™t like A&M, TU or OK in our conference they at least have respectable programs with strong traditions and huge fan support in lieu of recent championships.

How do I feel about the current makeup of the SEC?

After watching A&M's baseball coach pout 'n pose, then do si do over to the Texas dugout...

I think it needs more blush.

Disagree with your assessment of Missouri. They havenโ€™t won a championship in a major sport since the โ€˜50s and struggle to sell out their tiny stadium. They are a prototypical midwestern US team and thatโ€™s where they should be conference wise.

Even though I donโ€™t like A&M, TU or OK in our conference they at least have respectable programs with strong traditions and huge fan support in lieu of recent championships.
Missou might not win championships but they field competitive teams in pretty much all sports on a regular basis. They are not bottom feeders. You have to have solid teams in the middle to justify the SOS of the teams at the top. One knock against other conferences like the PAC12, BIG12 and BIG10 is they had 2-3 big bullies that dominated the conference year in year out. In the SEC in any given year in any given sport there are 4-5 teams in the hunt every year and they change out. If Vandy or Kentucky show up in an out-of-conference game they get some level of respect because they are SEC teams.. trust me when an OOC beats them they chalk that up and an SEC win and celebrate it. We see them as bad teams because they are compared to other SEC teams in football. The new 4 are all legit threats to go tier 2 any given year. What realistic teams could we have added other than Missouri? Those were the 2 biggest names that made sense and were available. Geographically of all the 4 teams we added Missouri makes the most sense in the SEC all 3 states border multiple other SEC teams. Texas 3 (2 OG states), Missouri 4 (3OG's) Oklahoma is the outlier 3(1) only bordering one original SEC state.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
The SEC should RETRACT back to the original 10 before '92 expansion. Why not keep most of the $$ for the schools that actually CREATED the brand? Arkansas, SC, Missouri, OU, UTejas, aTm... they can go back and form their own conference. They bring what to the conference? TV viewing is a thing of the past. More people stream entertainment now than ever and it's not going back to cable! Those schools need the SEC WAY more than we need them. Does anyone really think that the original 10 still wouldn't dominate the college sports landscape? Cmon. Tejas will end up RUINING this league just like they did their previous 3. The REAL problem is within the leadership of the SEC. They've got it all backwards. Instead of continual expansion, less will end up being best. Mark my words.
Texas canโ€™t ruin the SEC, because the SEC doesnโ€™t answer to them. The entire conference will be doing horns down sign with no penalty, and tExAs fans will have an aneurism because theyโ€™re used to getting their ass kissed, and now itโ€™s โ€œstfu youโ€™re making a lot of money, deal with it, youโ€™re just another team in the conference now.โ€

Reactions: jeff1vol

VN Store

Back