How do you feel about the current makeup of the SEC?

Question is in the title. Answer below if you please.

My answer: I despise it wholeheartedly. I have never liked playing A&M or Missouri because it just feels wrong. We have no history with these teams and that’s just no fun. Who cares about playing teams you haven’t played but a handful of times in the past 50 years?

And yet it just keeps getting worse. I don’t know about you guys, but I can count on 1 hand the number of people I know personally in East TN that are longhorn or OK fans. How is that supposed to be better? To me, part of the whole fun of rivalries is being able to discuss games with Georgia fans, bammers, etc. We have no history with these other teams and we live so far from them how is that going to change? All this expansion does is make teams like A&M feel more at home.

It just sucks because there were plenty of teams I’d rather have seen us get in this conference. FSU, Clemson, NC, VT, WV. All of these teams we at least know about and live within a close enough proximity that it feels like a true regional rivalry. But instead money won the day and the SEC is all the worse for it.

Guess on the bright side we can look forward to getting to see what OK and TU stadiums are like within the next few years but I honestly could care less. I’d rather kick these weirdo Texas/Midwest teams back to their loser conferences and forget about them.
We have no history with these teams? That's why they print calendars. Times change. History changes. Deal with it.

I was born, bred, and educated in east Tennessee. Two degrees from UT. I've been living in Arkansas on the Oklahoma line for going on 50 years. When I moved here, it seemed that the Volunteers were on the dark side of the moon. The only live feed I could get was an A.M. radio station out of Memphis when the atmospherics were right (John Ward and Bill Anderson through the static). Now, I can watch every game in HD. I look forward to seeing the Vols kicking the crap out of the horns, the sooners, and the pigs. So, I'm good with the realignment.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Question is in the title. Answer below if you please.

My answer: I despise it wholeheartedly. I have never liked playing A&M or Missouri because it just feels wrong. We have no history with these teams and that’s just no fun. Who cares about playing teams you haven’t played but a handful of times in the past 50 years?

And yet it just keeps getting worse. I don’t know about you guys, but I can count on 1 hand the number of people I know personally in East TN that are longhorn or OK fans. How is that supposed to be better? To me, part of the whole fun of rivalries is being able to discuss games with Georgia fans, bammers, etc. We have no history with these other teams and we live so far from them how is that going to change? All this expansion does is make teams like A&M feel more at home.

It just sucks because there were plenty of teams I’d rather have seen us get in this conference. FSU, Clemson, NC, VT, WV. All of these teams we at least know about and live within a close enough proximity that it feels like a true regional rivalry. But instead money won the day and the SEC is all the worse for it.

Guess on the bright side we can look forward to getting to see what OK and TU stadiums are like within the next few years but I honestly could care less. I’d rather kick these weirdo Texas/Midwest teams back to their loser conferences and forget about them.

My favorite teams for a SEC :

WEST-

Vols
Vandy
Alabama
Auburn
Kentucky
UGA

East:
Florida
USC
Clemson
UNC
NC State
Virginia Tech

8 conference games, 5 in your division every year, 3 from the other so you would play every team not in your division twice every 4 years.

16 game hoops schedule, 2 against Division rivals and one against out of division.

SECCG- Atlanta
Hoops-Nashville
SEC Office Atlanta
Dont know about baseball understand Hoover does a good job but with the new interest in college baseball might need a bigger park. Truist if an arrangement could be worked out with the Braves?

Their record against teams in those conferences begs to differ. Vandys record is Vandys record because they play in the SEC... if they got to play the bottom of the BIG10/BIG12/ACC half the year they would have a much better record. Vandy has a winning record against every conference except for the SEC and BIG10 and that's only because they have played Michigan and Ohio State 6 of their 24 matchups.. In the 2000's Vandy is 4-1 vs big10 opponents. Facts show that Vandy is not weak vs OOC especially in the 2000's. When they play midpack teams from other power conferences they more often than not win historically.
wtf are you talking about? Vanderbilt hasn’t beaten a big 10 team since the 1940’s 😂😂😂 that was pre segregation 😂😂

Making up lies tht can easily be fact checked is kinda wild. Lol.

VN Store

Back