How good will Kenny Hall be?

When, other than when Williams was on the floor with Chism, which happened very little, did Chism play the 4?

You just said when it happened. Right there. You are speaking out both sides of your mouth. Wayne is a PF. He doesn't play with his back to the basket. Get over it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You just said when it happened. Right there. You are speaking out both sides of your mouth. Wayne is a PF. He doesn't play with his back to the basket. Get over it.

My only point, is that he guards other 5s very well. He can post other 5s well. He could be a good five if he would concentrate more of his game at the block. And whether he plays with his back to the basket or not is irrelevant, because if you use that as an indicator of his "natural position", I guess he wouldn't be a 4 either since being a 4 also entails that you play with your back to the basket.

Last edited:
My only point, is that he guards other 5s very well. He can post other 5s well. He could be a good five if he would concentrate more of his game at the block. And whether he plays with his back to the basket or not is irrelevant, because if you use that as an indicator of his "natural position", I guess he wouldn't be a 4 either since being a 4 also entails that you play with your back to the basket.

He always plays the 4 or 5 period. He shouldn't be shooting 10 3's a game.

The hatred some people had for Wayne boggles my mind.

Wayne drives me nuts because he has the focus of a child and launches too many threes. That being said I do enjoy watching him play.

From what I have seen on tape of Hall, I think the best comparison on the team would be Negedu. I haven't seen Hall show that he can shoot. He appears to be athletic, good rebounder, good defender. With that said, I still don't see anyway that he would be a starter next year.

Really? I thought he was a big guy that could shoot that mid range jumper when needed to.

He's not close to Negedu. Negedu is raw all basically every area.

Well, they were ranked nearly identically out of high school with both being extremely athletic. So, I'm not so sure they are that much different. I hope that he is more polished than Negedu, but that is not obvious from watching tape of both.

Well, they were ranked nearly identically out of high school with both being extremely athletic. So, I'm not so sure they are that much different. I hope that he is more polished than Negedu, but that is not obvious from watching tape of both.

They may both be athletic but it's just different post games and styles from what I've seen.

how in the world does that make them similar players???

how in the world does that make them similar players???

It makes them similar players because if you know anything about basketball, kids that are 6-7 or 6-8 extremely and extremely athletic tend to use that more than a polished post game or a great jump shot. Based on what you read, both Negedu and Hall are extremely athletic and have displayed talents in the same areas. But maybe you know something else about it since you like being a smartass.

It makes them similar players because if you know anything about basketball, kids that are 6-7 or 6-8 extremely and extremely athletic tend to use that more than a polished post game or a great jump shot. Based on what you read, both Negedu and Hall are extremely athletic and have displayed talents in the same areas. But maybe you know something else about it since you like being a smartass.

lol. You are ridiculous. One is a kid who has played basketball for most of his life. the other is a kid who has played basketball since he was 15.

lol. You are ridiculous. One is a kid who has played basketball for most of his life. the other is a kid who has played basketball since he was 15.

I would just like to hear your description of how their games are different other than your profound answer above as to how Negedu hasn't played as long as Hall. Yes, one has more experience, but are skilled rebounders and Hall is considered to be a good defender. And they were both ranked very similarly out of high school with Negedu being ranked slightly higher, and they are virtually the same size. So, tell me what makes them so drastically different.

Last edited:
Negedu has approximately 0 offensive game outside of a foot. Hall does. Is it really that hard?

Negedu has approximately 0 offensive game outside of a foot. Hall does. Is it really that hard?

This is pointless. They both were said to have virtually the same skillset coming out of high school. I was simply making the comment that Hall would be more comparable to Negedu than Chism, and I definitely think that holds.

Being athletic tall and rated about the same isn't the same skillset. Hall is taller, lankier, and has a better offensive game.

Being athletic tall and rated about the same isn't the same skillset. Hall is taller, lankier, and has a better offensive game.

All I know is what I read man. Maybe you know alot more about it than the people that scout players. If you read both of these, the scouts say that both are raw offensively but both are extremely athletic and good defensively. But I'm sure you know much more about it.

Emmanuel Negedu - College Basketball Recruiting 2008 - ESPN

Kenny Hall - College Basketball Recruiting 2009 - ESPN

All I know is what I read man. Maybe you know alot more about it than the people that scout players. If you read both of these, the scouts say that both are raw offensively but both are extremely athletic and good defensively. But I'm sure you know much more about it.

Emmanuel Negedu - College Basketball Recruiting 2008 - ESPN

Kenny Hall - College Basketball Recruiting 2009 - ESPN

Hall's raw offensive game is about 100x Negedu's. And you know what, I'll use my eyeball test over reading a scouting report any day.

Hall's raw offensive game is about 100x Negedu's. And you know what, I'll use my eyeball test over reading a scouting report any day.

I'll use actual scout's opinions over your "eyeball test" any day. But I'm glad you think Hall's raw offensive game is better than Negedu's raw offensive game. Hopefully he turns out great; I was only trying to state what "real" scouts say about Hall.

Last edited:
I'll use actual scout's opinions over your "eyeball test" any day. But I'm glad you think Hall's raw offensive game is better than Negedu's raw offensive game. Hopefully he turns out great; I was only trying to state what "real" scouts say about Hall.

Real scouts would agree with me if you tried to compare their offensive games.

VN Store

Back