how long does CJH stay at UT?

xpsyclonex2002

CJH has been a miracle worker since coming here. Tennessee is an outstanding place to coach. He's building an empire. But there is almost a certainty that he is going to get approached by someone like OU, Mich, FL, etc. and they are going to back a truckload of money up to his house and try to get him in the truck. My gut says that he stays just because he's built the empire or UT passes the hat to every fan in America to keep him here. I know he loves being here and Tennessee has treated him like royalty. But I can't help but fear that, despite the treatment at OU, he has a desire to coach there. I mean, the only thing that could be better that resurrecting a former football powerhouse is resurrecting you old Alma Mater. They haven't won a National Championship since he graduated. If he were to go there and do what he is doing here, he would go down as a Saban like legend. It would kill me to see it happen. Anyone else got any objective thoughts on this?

USC was technically not Lane Kiffin's alma mater. He played for Fresno State. USC was his first coaching stop and his "dream job" at the time.
Good correction. Thanks

To be fair, there are some "favorite sons'" who return to their school and do well as a coach.

CJH has been a miracle worker since coming here. Tennessee is an outstanding place to coach. He's building an empire. But there is almost a certainty that he is going to get approached by someone like OU, Mich, FL, etc. and they are going to back a truckload of money up to his house and try to get him in the truck. My gut says that he stays just because he's built the empire or UT passes the hat to every fan in America to keep him here. I know he loves being here and Tennessee has treated him like royalty. But I can't help but fear that, despite the treatment at OU, he has a desire to coach there. I mean, the only thing that could be better that resurrecting a former football powerhouse is resurrecting you old Alma Mater. They haven't won a National Championship since he graduated. If he were to go there and do what he is doing here, he would go down as a Saban like legend. It would kill me to see it happen. Anyone else got any objective thoughts on this?
I should expound on the OU angle as well. As long as Stoops has any affiliation with the OU program I don’t see Heupel being interested. Media plays up the bad blood angle in a lot of situations, Heupel feels he was legit wronged there. They didn’t even speak to each other till recent years. Now I think that relationship has gotten better but still there’s some baggage there.

I see Danny white leaving after we’ve won 4-5 more natties(baseball(2),football(2), basketball(1). He’s said himself that he “doesn’t like maintenance”. He will want to go out and build another powerhouse. At that point Josh might consider OU but I still probably wouldn’t bet he leaves at that point.

If Georgia fires their coach, are you worried about Dooley leaving?

Need to "Michigan-Proof" CBJ (Butch Jones and Michigan merged)

Would Pruitt replace Saban?

I feel pretty comfortable saying that our coach won’t leave until he has at least one national championship under his belt. And providing that doesn’t take too long or is too difficult, he might stay for a couple more. I’d be surprised if he didn’t see himself on the mount Rushmore of College coaches someday.

Reactions: mickey1969
How wet is water? How high is the sky?

We are better than all those programs and pay just as much! Stop this $h!t!!!!!🤬🤬🤬

VN Store

Back