How many games does Butch have to win in 2013 to keep the recruiting class together?

I have to say, right now, Butch Jones and co. are doing an amazing job with recruiting and I'm more excited than I've been in a long time. That said, USC was putting together a monumental class midway through the 2012 season but after they struggled so much, it mostly fell apart by signing day.

So, what do you think our record needs to be this year in order to keep this momentum going and keep kids onboard through signing day?

don't even want to think about it, just want to sit back and be happy with the way he is handling things. 6 games and i will be happy more than that he is in for a monster raise. 9 or 10 games give him a lifetime contract.

The wins won't matter as much as player development and attitude. He has brought the excitement back to Big Orange Country and the recruits feel that. Our job as fans is to keep that momentum rolling by filling the seats and screaming like our hair is on fire. The players and coaching staff feel that. It's also painfully obvious when it's not there.

Seven. I'm not buying that all of the recruits don't want to see some kind of results. Hurd and most of the top level talent that committed early will probably stay no matter what, but if we go 5-7 again we're going to lose some people.

I think the class of 2014 sees themselves as a completely new era at UT. Doesn't matter what the classes of 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 do on the field this year.

And if we sign a full class and everyone makes it in, the 2014 class will make up more than 1/3 of the roster.

Sums it up right here - these 2014 kids seem to see what this team will be in 3 years when they are the primary leaders and how good it will be - that is what keeps the momentum moving forward.

I don't understand.....We all agree that Dooley is a bad or arguably mediocre coach.

If Dooley went 6-6 in regular season his first year, and Butch is such a great coach. Why are we saying 5 or 6 games. Dooley could and did that.

And don't give me that, "Dooley had more talent his first year", it's been proven that Butch has the same if not better talent then Dooley his first year.

No offense, but someone's opinion doesn't prove anything. How has it been proven?

The biggest thing Butch has to overcome that Dools didn't is the losing culture left to him after the worst 3 year stretch of UT football since the early 1900s

Wins are irrelevant. Last year we got spanked and quit trying. The recruits wanna make sure that we aren't quitting at the end of games and the season. That s*** goes for the fanbase too. It's one thing to accept that it might be a bad season now, but when it's October...it's a whole different story.

To be fair, you aren't going to pack the stadium with a 3-6 football team. That isn't the fans' fault. No program would be filling 100,000 seats at that point.

I don't understand.....We all agree that Dooley is a bad or arguably mediocre coach.

If Dooley went 6-6 in regular season his first year, and Butch is such a great coach. Why are we saying 5 or 6 games. Dooley could and did that.

And don't give me that, "Dooley had more talent his first year", it's been proven that Butch has the same if not better talent then Dooley his first year.

The first year is the reteaching year. Jones must fix everyone's technique from QB to DB. Jones has to create a new attitude on the field. It takes awhile to reteach every player the correct techniques. I hope Jones wins more than 7 games, but we might not have enough talent.

VN Store

Back