• Screenshot_20240117_173548_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_173548_The Athletic.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 603
  • Screenshot_20240117_173615_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_173615_The Athletic.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Reactions: Rifleman
I think they are probably right - I am hopeful for 6-2, but I suspect the Bama game will decide that - and I think 6-2 gets us into the CFP discussion (assuming we get past NCSU and their QB- if we can’t get past that, then I doubt 6-2 in this league is gonna happen anyway).

Oklahoma will tell us a lot. They aren't any better than us. If we can win over there in a hostile environment, it will go a long way. But that's their first SEC game. They will be sky high for it.
We need to shake the “can’t win on the road at night - except at Vandy or UK” situation.

I'd play a conservative 10-2 with us winning either Oklahoma and/or Bama........and quite honestly if Bama struggles settling in with their new scheme and coaches, I don't think 11-1 is off the table. 10-2 will definitely get us in that 6-9 slot, and if we give UGA a run for their money I believe a 11-1 is good enough for top 4 in the CFP.

I think Missouri was a one-hit wonder last year. One winning season in the last four years.
This is where outlets who crank out these articles show they are unaware on many fronts. First LSU (duh) lost their version of Hendon Hooker, so the schedule may be easier, but still play Bama, OK, OM, FL, etc. MIZ had 8 SR starters on D and 13 SR starters on 2 deep D, plus had all SEC RB who got them first downs and kept the D off the field with sustained drives...NO WAY MIZ repeats that. Besides talent on their rosters, UGA and Bama returns top tier SEC QBs and that matters a ton...not up to speed on TX. Assuming UGA/Bama probable losses, the OK and UF games are critical and will go a long way to saying how well Vols do in 2024.

Reactions: JRich and VAVol85
I'd play a conservative 10-2 with us winning either Oklahoma and/or Bama........and quite honestly if Bama struggles settling in with their new scheme and coaches, I don't think 11-1 is off the table. 10-2 will definitely get us in that 6-9 slot, and if we give UGA a run for their money I believe a 11-1 is good enough for top 4 in the CFP.
The top four is reserved for conference champions only.

Per the Athletic. If you don't sub, I recommend it.

The reasoning for LSU winning it is an easy schedule. The TN/Bama game is seen as a tossup.

Discuss
I just read where Texas Am is first in the transfer portal rankings. Ironically, they have the highest endowment of any SEC school prior to Texas joining. Most people cannot even name their head coach, but he is getting all the players. Wow has the landscape changed with the portal.

I think Missouri was a one-hit wonder last year. One winning season in the last four years.

Cook without Shraeder and Burden will probably regress. I don’t think he’s a bad QB, but Those two guys were huge parts of their success last year.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

VN Store

Back