How one outlet sees next SEC season going

This is where outlets who crank out these articles show they are unaware on many fronts. First LSU (duh) lost their version of Hendon Hooker, so the schedule may be easier, but still play Bama, OK, OM, FL, etc. MIZ had 8 SR starters on D and 13 SR starters on 2 deep D, plus had all SEC RB who got them first downs and kept the D off the field with sustained drives...NO WAY MIZ repeats that. Besides talent on their rosters, UGA and Bama returns top tier SEC QBs and that matters a ton...not up to speed on TX. Assuming UGA/Bama probable losses, the OK and UF games are critical and will go a long way to saying how well Vols do in 2024.

Per the article:

"Similarly, are we this high on Missouri? Not exactly, but the schedule makes it easier to look like it. No Georgia, Texas or LSU. It gets Oklahoma at home."

I just read where Texas Am is first in the transfer portal rankings. Ironically, they have the highest endowment of any SEC school prior to Texas joining. Most people cannot even name their head coach, but he is getting all the players. Wow has the landscape changed with the portal.
Not according to this...

Lord, please head the prayer of this sinner. I am burdened by dark thoughts for others and desires for soul crushing vengeance upon them. These persist, Lord, and manifest in visions both brilliant and lightless.

I see the Tennessee Volunteers dominating the Florida Gators so thoroughly that it leaves the Floridians psychologically scarred. I see the Vols scoring on all but two possessions, with each punt being downed within the five. I see four defensive scores for Tennessee, two safeties and two TDs on turnovers. One of these will be late in the game, when Tennessee has their backups on the field. Vols backups will score on each of their possessions as well. Florida will punt, turnover possession, and miss two field goals, concluding the game scoreless.

Please, Lord, let me be free of this vision. Let me find charity in my heart for the unfortunate student athletes enrolled at Florida. And Lord, please let my vision be made manifest when Tennessee hosts Florida this coming Fall.

Reactions: Cbateman7606
Early prediction for next season 10-2

Losing to Ga (for the next 5 yrs)
losing to either Mz. or Ok.

We will be in the playoffs

I think Missouri was a one-hit wonder last year. One winning season in the last four years.
I would typically agree. Only thing that makes me thing they will be good again next season (not 10-2 good) is they have the QB back. That’s such a huge thing in college ball

Reactions: Dansky
We’re going to beat OK like a drum, they will be lucky to be bowl eligible.
I wouldn't go quite that far, but with Lebby leaving, I do think this first year in the SEC might not be kind to them. It's a winnable game for us.

Toss up?

We’re going to beat Alabama by 50.

Wizard Of Oz Shoes GIF

The goal should always be to win an SEC championship, but now I think making the 12 team CFP has to be there as well. I’ve been saying since the schedule was released that we have to at worst be 2-2 against Oklahoma, Florida, Bama and UGA to make the CFP. That 2 week stretch at home vs UF and Bama is huge. Have to hold serve at home.

Oklahoma will tell us a lot. They aren't any better than us. If we can win over there in a hostile environment, it will go a long way. But that's their first SEC game. They will be sky high for it.
True. But I have a sneaky suspicion CJH might be motivated for this one, our guys will be sky high for this one too.

I don’t know, I’m suspicious that the media is still in love with the brand that Saban built, I just don’t think, especially with all these guys leaving, that Bama has a roster of 10-2. I’m feeling more and more comfortable with that TN v Bama game, especially with it being in Knoxville. Also, Mizzou won’t be 11-1. They had a great year this year with a very down SEC, I don’t see it continuing next year. And they’re saying Texas beats the juggernaut that is UGA only to lose to A&M? Sorry, I don’t buy that one bit.

VN Store

Back