Hubbs is reporting Spence

Kippy brown already has the UT job, not sure why this is even speculation the announcment will be made on Wen at 11:00 am

give me a break, where did you hear this at?

I think he will be the hire, just dont see the anouncement that early. Please give me a link.

Once again, I'm caught in the middle... I have no idea if Kippy can be a good OC or not, but the man can recruit. Period. Who knoes what's going to happen anymore? I don't think Hatcher is coming here guys sorry.

Brown has turned countless players into pro bowlers is why some people are hot on him--Andre Johnson is one-- He is excellent with WRs and RBs. I like you am not sure about his recruiting ability and his play calling ability. Thus like others we hope for some sort of package with him being asst head coach/wrs/rbs/coach and another OC like Spence. I am not sure how this is going to play out but feel good that Brown will make our Rbs and WRs better at least.

Pair KB as OC with Sanders back as QB coach (CPF can get out the kneepads if need be) and that's a winning combination. Pay Sanders enough to put his kids in private schools to get around the school problem someone mentiond. CRS is a good QB coach--and having better WR's who can run routes and catch the ball along with better RB's will make Crompton look great!

Note the better WR's and RB's that I'm counting on don't need to be recruited for next year. They're already on the roster!

Kippy brown already has the UT job, not sure why this is even speculation the announcment will be made on Wen at 11:00 am

I would like to know where you have heard this from? I have heard this on several boards and each person that said it seemed very confident. There is someone on volquest that promised this hire a week ago. What gives?

Why in the world this guy would turn down this job with the pay raise that we were offering is beyond me. Clemson must be offering him a raise or something. I don't see why anyone would rather be an OC at Clemson than UT.

As I said before, most potential candidates probably realise that Fulmer is under the gun. The decision they have to make is should they leave their current position which may be pretty stable or should they jump into a situation in Knoxville where Fulmer lived on the razor's edge all season and is now facing ineligible ball players and a mass exodus of coaches.

Not exactly a good environment to be walking into.

Great... who really wanted him anyways?

The spread guys want someone else (Hatcher) and the 'pocket passer' gang likes KB and DM far more.

That's not really true for the people that actually know what offense Hatcher runs. Hatcher's system is a 'Spread' that uses a "pocket passer".

let's get away from the pure system guys and find someone who can make use of the talent available and can gameplan well, maybe even adjust in game.

let's get away from the pure system guys and find someone who can make use of the talent available and can gameplan well, maybe even adjust in game.

Like . . . Hatcher? :p

Seriously, he took over a team this year that couldn't run his offense if it tried, so instead he ran the ball down people's throats. I know I look a little goofy touting a guy this much, but I know a good bit about him and I really believe he could do wonders for us.

Pair KB as OC with Sanders back as QB coach (CPF can get out the kneepads if need be) and that's a winning combination. Pay Sanders enough to put his kids in private schools to get around the school problem someone mentiond. CRS is a good QB coach--and having better WR's who can run routes and catch the ball along with better RB's will make Crompton look great!

Note the better WR's and RB's that I'm counting on don't need to be recruited for next year. They're already on the roster!

...I don't. I can't see Sanders returning even if CPF crawled to Lexington and begged. WOW, that would be news(both the crawling and the return).:blink:

That's just too logical papa. The more I read about Kippy and his experience,and provided Fulmer hires young/talented assistants, let's gitrdun.

That's not really true for the people that actually know what offense Hatcher runs. Hatcher's system is a 'Spread' that uses a "pocket passer".

Interesting. Are there any major BCS programs that run something similar to what Hatcher runs so I could get more of an idea of what exactly that looks like?

Interesting. Are there any major BCS programs that run something similar to what Hatcher runs so I could get more of an idea of what exactly that looks like?

That's the double-edged sword of any 'innovator' as this guy is proclaimed by many here to be. It's not innovative if someone else is already doing it and it's not being done because it prolly won't work in the NFL or upper-level BCS competition. The NFL guys are pretty darn good. They continue to shut down CFB coaches who appear to be 'innovators' before the flaws in their genius is revealed for all to see (e.g. Spurrier, Saban, even Pete Carroll failed before returning to CFB). On a related note, Mel Kiper commented on just how hard it is to evaluate a spread run QB like Tebow. Who knows how he would do in a NFL offensive set LIKE UT's.

If Hatcher comes, it should be after we done everything we can to hire someone more proven at the NFL/BCS level (like Kippy or DM).

Shake it up.. Yes because the teams in the National Title game run the spread/run and shoot/spurrier ball/triple reverse like crazy..

Oh no they don't, they pound it with some pass thrown in.

Shake it up.. Yes because the teams in the National Title game run the spread/run and shoot/spurrier ball/triple reverse like crazy..

Oh no they don't, they pound it with some pass thrown in.

Imagine continuing to do that at UT... and one's chances of happiness with the Vols will be much higher.

If Fulmer hires Kippy Brown as OC I am going to be very disappointed. This is his chance to show us something. Shake things up. Demonstrate an ability to adapt and change with the times. Fulmer is dangerously close to wasting a gem of an opportunity to win back some of us.

And lose some of the rest of us if he goes chasing after "en vogue" offenses. UT NEEDS to be the type of O that offers guys a chance to play in a pro-style system. UF will always get homegrown players. Many if not most of the schools running the spread are in the same boat.

I have no idea how this guy would do. Just judging from their NFL careers, I'd rather have Marrone than Brown.

IMO, there are very few college coaches that offer a real upgrade potential. One is Malzahn... but he has little real experience.

Hatcher could possibly be another option.

Hiring an NFL guy gives UT someone with the right kind of experience and credibility. They might also impress recruits.

Kippy Brown can recruit and he can coach. He was responsible for getting a lot of great wide receiver talent in here and developing it. He should be able to recruit Memphis well.

As far as coaching, he has been in the NFL long enough to be exposed to different systems and techniques, and that can't be anything but good for this offense. It is my hope that Fulmer keeps his fat mits off of the offense and lets Brown run his own.

I'm glad he is isn't coming, didn't really seem like an uprade from Rut to me. The question still remains, who is going to take the reins? Will CPF make a splash hire?
I hope so or we could be doomed to more mediocre football on Rocky Top.

I've said this in another thread, but for those of us in this area to see alot of Clemson football, they are exciting to watch, and taking alot of things in perspective, Spence is pretty good. Moot point however.

give me a break, where did you hear this at?

I think he will be the hire, just dont see the anouncement that early. Please give me a link.

My uncle and his son are very good friends we where at dinner with him and he told us that UT made the offer,

If there isnt an announcement made by wen I will never post on here again, I guarntee you though its the truth

My uncle and his son are very good friends we where at dinner with him and he told us that UT made the offer,

If there isnt an announcement made by wen I will never post on here again, I guarntee you though its the truth

You seem very confident, so I will take you at your word. However if you are wrong, put your flame suit on.

Wow, a majority of you all would be extremely easy to defraud. SPENCE WAS NEVER OFFERED THE UT JOB! Informally offering (as I stated last week) means that we called him and said, "If we were to offer you the job would you take it."
I mean for crying out loud this is an Internet message board. 80-90% Speculation and hype with very little inside facts.

I guess Mike Martz getting fired changes everything. I wonder if we can get Martz on the Hill?

VN Store

Back