Hypothetical

90 Vol

Let's Goooo!
If you had the opportunity to make Johnny Manziel a Vol for the 2013 season, would you do it? Why or why not?

No...I would never take the first freshman to ever win the Heisman over 4 guys who have about 8 quarters of college football under their belt.

Reactions: 14 people
No way... He might help win now but will eventually cause a big uproar... U all know how excited we were to see hunter CP and DR together then a week before season DR was gone... Mark it down the same thing will happen with him but will be a lot worse than losing DR... I don't understand how u can't keep urself out of trouble when u know ur gonna have a huge contract in a few years

Some of yall must be kidding yourselves. Despite his baggage, he is still a program changer.

He was a program changer....will not last...well he in essence has changed the program twice.....with the Heisman Trophy and then with his arrogance.....

Getting kicked out of the Manning Camp and it getting the publicity it did says a lot about Manic Manziel.... reminded me of the kid on Jeopardy....

Arrogance....he would come in and destroy the team's chemistry.....

No...Hope he doesn't play this year......

That's a tough one. Would I take a heisman trophy winning qb, whose team mates and coaches love, over four guys with virtually no experience? Yes, yes and hell yes. That's contingent on being eligible, but if he is, I would take him in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 2 people
Nope

ve3urany.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
No...I would never take the first freshman to ever win the Heisman over 4 guys who have about 8 quarters of college football under their belt.

So our QBs have as much or more experience that Johnny Foot-in-his-mouth had last year?
Once out guys develop some chemistry and timing with the WRs, I think they will be fine

We don't need some big mouth pretty boy heisman winner just to be a dominant football program. All he does is get himself knee deep in ish, and expects his coach and the program to bail his ass out. I would take Johnny Manziel the player w/o all the baggage that comes along w/him.

So our QBs have as much or more experience that Johnny Foot-in-his-mouth had last year?
Once out guys develop some chemistry and timing with the WRs, I think they will be fine

The question was not would take JM before last year. The question was would you take Manziel right now, for this year. And when you compare his year last year with our 4 QBs who don't have meaningful experience, I say yes. But that's just me. I don't understand people who take some sort of moral high ground on an issue like this as if our program has never had players that have some off the field issues.

Reactions: 2 people
The question was not would take JM before last year. The question was would you take Manziel right now, for this year. And when you compare his year last year with our 4 QBs who don't have meaningful experience, I say yes. But that's just me. I don't understand people who take some sort of moral high ground on an issue like this as if our program has never had players that have some off the field issues.

It's not moral ground as much as it is silver spoon arrogance.

VN Store

Back