I’m tired of seeing AZ as 1 seed .

I think what’s bothering the committee is the geographical part of the top teams. Was there ever a 1 seed that was 2,183 miles from their region?

Cincinnati is 2,175 miles from Los Angeles so Xavier in 2018. Half the distance, sure, but Lawrence to Las Vegas last year isn't an afternoon drive either. This has a really high chance of occurring more often going forward considering how bad the soon-to-be-former Pac-12 teams have been.

Reactions: Pennheel
Bracket Matrix . com now has Tennessee as the fourth #1 seed now as well.
And rightfully so! Our resume is superior by a wife margin, they can't deny it.

The committee also values wins over teams in the tournament field.

As simple as this

Zona has four wins against tournament teams. We have SEVEN. Their other Q1 wins are meh. Colorado twice, Oregon and Utah. All of them would be in the NIT right now. Then they lost to Stanford and Oregon State who both are six games under .500

I mean it's just them wanting AZ in the west. The resumes aren't close.

I think what’s bothering the committee is the geographical part of the top teams. Was there ever a 1 seed that was 2,183 miles from their region?
The committee can’t help who the best teams are, the regions are always spread across the country…just last year Kansas had to go to the West coast.

Reactions: knoxvol52
And rightfully so! Our resume is superior by a wife margin, they can't deny it.

The committee also values wins over teams in the tournament field.

As simple as this

Zona has four wins against tournament teams. We have SEVEN. Their other Q1 wins are meh. Colorado twice, Oregon and Utah. All of them would be in the NIT right now. Then they lost to Stanford and Oregon State who both are six games under .500

I mean it's just them wanting AZ in the west. The resumes aren't close.

Depends on the wife I suppose.

The committee can’t help who the best teams are, the regions are always spread across the country…just last year Kansas had to go to the West coast.
This was the overall rankings last year.
1. Alabama (29-5)
2. Houston (31-3)
3. Kansas (27-7)
4. Purdue (29-5)
5. UCLA (29-5)
6. Texas (26-8)
7. Arizona (28-6)
8. Marquette (28-6)

1vs7 South
2vs6 Midwest
3vs5 West
4vs8 East

KS and UCLA makes more sense in the west than on the East. If Purdue and UCLA were close to getting that last seed the committee most likely bumped Purdue to not force KS or UCLA heading East.

This was the overall rankings last year.
1. Alabama (29-5)
2. Houston (31-3)
3. Kansas (27-7)
4. Purdue (29-5)
5. UCLA (29-5)
6. Texas (26-8)
7. Arizona (28-6)
8. Marquette (28-6)

1vs7 South
2vs6 Midwest
3vs5 West
4vs8 East

KS and UCLA makes more sense in the west than on the East. If Purdue and UCLA were close to getting that last seed the committee most likely bumped Purdue to not force KS or UCLA heading East.
Kansas makes a lot more sense in the Midwest, but again that’s not how it works.

VN Store

Back