I Can't for the life of me

Eh, the knock on Arian was the fumbles at key points in key games, I don't recall anyone criticizing his running style.

I seem to recall him trying to dance a little too much in his last year instead of just trucking people. Either way, it was just particularly inopportune fumbles that hurt his rep the most. I loved watching him play though, even more so now in the NFL.

I seem to recall him trying to dance a little too much in his last year instead of just trucking people. Either way, it was just particularly inopportune fumbles that hurt his rep the most. I loved watching him play though, even more so now in the NFL.

Agree, the only problem I had was I though he ran too upright and not behind his pads enough. Anyway, here's to hoping Hurd is the second coming of Jamal Lewis.

As long as Lane gets the ball in the redone then I have no problem who starts. Lane is a lot more physical in the redone then Neal and Neal is better in the open.

Reactions: 1 person
Because Lane made some bad decisions which got him in the doghouse.

He is the better RB without question!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Agree, the only problem I had was I though he ran too upright and not behind his pads enough. Anyway, here's to hoping Hurd is the second coming of Jamal Lewis.

Although, running upright worked out alright for this guy...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 139
IMO, if Neal would look where he is going instead of staring at the ground he would be better. But I believe is lane is the perfect back for our zone blocking schemes

I don't think Lane has really gotten to prove himself yet. Sometimes it takes some time during a game for the rb to get in a rhythm. Neal has had plenty of opportunities while Lane gets mop up duties. But I also agree with the earlier poster. Sometimes attitude is more important to the coaches. I don't want to second guess them. I would like to see Lane get the start with the majority of carries, for a game, to see what happens.

I thought Summerhill had some good runs last week, but I thought the same about Tom Smith. Kinda wanted to see Smith in there today after Lane came out.

I'd agree, they compliment each other well and are a good one, two punch. 1A and 1B in my opinion. Neal seems to be a leader on the team and also has seniority so the start seems deserved. I think both are some of the better backs in the SEC. Bama, Georgia, and maybe Florida are about the only ones I'd say are ahead.

Neal actually has more yards per carry this season than Lane. The difference I think is that Lane runs with abandon so he looks like a better baller but they're a great combo. Neal also has more experience as a receiving option although Lane has more yards receiving this year which may be preparation for the future.

I really do thing they're a 1-2 punch that complement each other. I'd also add that Lane also very likely benefits from being the 2nd punch in the combo as defenses start to anticipate and get used to the way Neal runs as well as the play calling for him.

I like them both and agree that Neal looks better when watching them but for whatever reason that's not what the stats say so far. I think Neal may well look slower than he is and for all we know the coaches are using Neal's natural inclination to dance and want to bounce outside to catch D's off-guard.

So far I'm happy with combo.

Figure out why Neal starts over Lane.

It's nothing against Neal, but, unless my eyes and the stats are deceiving me, Lane is the back that is one cut and go, is quicker out of the back field, and who is dragging and trucking guys for extra yardage after the initial hit.

I know this has been discussed before, and I have nothing against Neal,he did a serviceable job today, but, top end speed not withstanding, I would rather see Lane as the featured back. Am I missing something?

Neal dances too much and I'm damn sick of it. We need a back who slams the hole and dump trucks safeties/lb's and Lane does that

Reactions: 2 people
I think Neal is better than Lane, & he was better in the first half when WKU's line was full strength - Lane looked better in the second half when WKU's line was worn down & he was getting the bulk of the carries

Why would the WKU DL have been worn down in the 2nd half? They barely saw the field in the 1st half with the 2 Pick 6s and all the TOs giving our offense such an extremelyt short field so many times. The 2nd half was essentially their first half.

I think Neal is better than Lane, & he was better in the first half when WKU's line was full strength - Lane looked better in the second half when WKU's line was worn down & he was getting the bulk of the carries

Why would the WKU DL have been worn down in the 2nd half? They barely saw the field in the 1st half with the 2 Pick 6s and all the TOs giving our offense such an extremelyt short field so many times. The 2nd half was essentially their first half.

I think it may have had something to do with the difference between average size of offensive linemen Vs average size of defensive linemen. Couple of inches and about 60 lbs.:eek:lol:

I think it may have had something to do with the difference between average size of offensive linemen Vs average size of defensive linemen. Couple of inches and about 60 lbs.:eek:lol:

And that is why our offense dominated them in the 2nd half, not because the WKU DL was worn out by the 2nd half.

Lane was out part of camp and had injuries. I assume he will carry most of the load later in season

Neal is more of home run threat and Lane is better pure RB. They do make a good 1-2 punch and we need both of them to get a lot of carries.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Figure out why Neal starts over Lane.

It's nothing against Neal, but, unless my eyes and the stats are deceiving me, Lane is the back that is one cut and go, is quicker out of the back field, and who is dragging and trucking guys for extra yardage after the initial hit.

I know this has been discussed before, and I have nothing against Neal,he did a serviceable job today, but, top end speed not withstanding, I would rather see Lane as the featured back. Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. Lane runs harder, with more power, north and south, plenty of speed. Neal, IMHO, should be #2 and getting #2 type touches. Lane is definitely the better RB.

Neal is more elusive. They are both relative equal IMO. Mediocre SEC backs. (That's not a slight, just reality)
:no: Negative. They are GOOD SEC backs...not yet great, but both bring something to the running game. Neal is has been pretty darn good this year, and Lane has shown a knack for driving the pile, and getting extra yards after first contact, better than any SEC back I've seen thus far....and that includes Gurley.

Neither are the type that are able to make defenders miss, very well. They have done it a little bit, but they tend to be content to just lunge forward on contact. That could be something they are coached to do, since CBJ mentions that he just wants them to go get that 4yds.

Arian Foster was just a mediocre SEC back in your opinion...so that tells us how valuable your 2 cents are worth. NADA.

VN Store

Back