I Can't for the life of me

:no: Negative. They are GOOD SEC backs...not yet great, but both bring something to the running game. Neal is has been pretty darn good this year, and Lane has shown a knack for driving the pile, and getting extra yards after first contact, better than any SEC back I've seen thus far....and that includes Gurley.

Neither are the type that are able to make defenders miss, very well. They have done it a little bit, but they tend to be content to just lunge forward on contact. That could be something they are coached to do, since CBJ mentions that he just wants them to go get that 4yds.

Arian Foster was just a mediocre SEC back in your opinion...so that tells us how valuable your 2 cents are worth. NADA.

Who pissed in your Cheerios Francis? Mediocre, average, just right of the curve, good not great, etc. To an intelligent person, they all relay the same thing. I'll leave it at that.

Also, I'm not the one who brought Arian up. Although he is 100% in the same category. He wasn't great in college. You Foster history revisionists crack me up. 32 different NFL teams didnt think he was worth drafting. That's fact, not my "2 cents".

Gurley looks like a Navy seal among boy scouts.

Gurley looks like a girly who needs a haircut! I'm really not that impressed with him. I like the way Lane runs when compared to Neal but they are about statistically even though. No Gurley love here!

Gurley looks like a girly who needs a haircut! I'm really not that impressed with him. I like the way Lane runs when compared to Neal but they are about statistically even though. No Gurley love here!

You aren't impressed with Gurley but are by Lane and Neal? This is not meant to be a slam to our guys, but come on man!

You aren't impressed with Gurley but are by Lane and Neal? This is not meant to be a slam to our guys, but come on man!

I just seriously am not that impressed with him. I'm not a huge follower of Georgia football but i watched the Clemson game at the bar in the Knoxville Marriott and thought he looked soft! Maybe if he was in orange and white he would look more talented! lol!

Neal is more elusive. They are both relative equal IMO. Mediocre SEC backs. (That's not a slight, just reality)

Exactly what we were discussing at the game yesterday. Lane is bigger, Neal is faster, both are about equal and not top rated SEC running backs.

Summerhill looked pretty good late, would have liked to see him earlier. What has happened to Tom Smith? Is he just not getting it done in practice?

I just seriously am not that impressed with him. I'm not a huge follower of Georgia football but i watched the Clemson game at the bar in the Knoxville Marriott and thought he looked soft! Maybe if he was in orange and white he would look more talented! lol!

He wore SC out last night.

It's no surprise Neal averages more yards per carry at this point. He is always trying to bounce it outside which he can do against these slow defenses. That crap doesn't work in the SEC. Lane sticks his foot in the dirt and gets up field. That's what you have to do in this conference.

Reactions: 1 person
It's no surprise Neal averages more yards per carry at this point. He is always trying to bounce it outside which he can do against these slow defenses. That crap doesn't work in the SEC. Lane sticks his foot in the dirt and gets up field. That's what you have to do in this conference.

Neal ran really well against Western KY. He hit holes in the middle and only tried to bounce it out a few times. It looks like he's being coached properly and making adjustments.

Figure out why Neal starts over Lane.

It's nothing against Neal, but, unless my eyes and the stats are deceiving me, Lane is the back that is one cut and go, is quicker out of the back field, and who is dragging and trucking guys for extra yardage after the initial hit.

I know this has been discussed before, and I have nothing against Neal,he did a serviceable job today, but, top end speed not withstanding, I would rather see Lane as the featured back. Am I missing something?

I dont think this matters. They both get the same amount of carries. Neal probably starts because he is senior to Lane.

Neal and Lane aren't tops in the nation but they are very serviceable backs. I'd say above average. They'll be the backbone of our offense this year along with that Oline. Down field blocking has vastly improved this year.

I'm happy with the way things are. We have a good 1/2 punch! We had 240 yards rushing yesterday and I think all of us would be happy averaging that per game the rest of the season. I'm not sure that will happen, with the schedule we have have coming up, starting with Oregon.

I thought yesterday, we saw a dominate offensive line in the 4th quarter and that's something we haven't had in quite sometime. They looked like the offensive line we used to have in the late 90's. Saw the same thing in the UGA/USC game yesterday, when UGA's line took over and dominated the 4th quarter.

The difference between the Tennessee teams in the 90's and UGA today Vs Tennessee today, is our defense. We still aren't there and we aren't going to be there this year. The defense has to play good enough to keep us in the game until the fourth quarter, when our offensive line can take over the game.

VN Store

Back