I"m sure this will get X'd real quick but

We have great BBQ all over the state of Tennessee and actually the South in general. So hilarious when some publication or TV show declares one state, city or establishment as THE BEST BBQ. I've had awesome BBQ all over....and the tiny little community I grew up in Tennessee has had the same two BBQ joints I KNOW for 67+ years ( I still remember when it was all cooked outside until the health dept make them bring it indoors sometime in the late 70's) and its some of the best. So it's goooooood....all over the south!

I agree. And one of the best BBQ meals I ever had was in a “Texas” joint in Durango, Colorado. Good BBQ all over.

How little salt and garlic can you use and still get it to cook through? I know tenderloin doesn’t have as much natural flavor as other cuts, but tenderness is more important to me.

People who slather dry rub or sauce and soak it in juice spend some time and money. Yeah, brisket and butts can be very good, but it takes a lot more work and I’m not doing that on a work night. And it’s hard to eat a whole brisket fresh off the fire. Reheated meat gets dryer every time.
No doubt it is much mor convenient but grilling ribeye doesn’t take much longer and there is no comparison in the taste. True tenderness is more important than taste to some. But I’m not one of them.

Reactions: adam.vol
I’ve never seen anyone smoke a brisket without dumping a fortune in seasoning. Talk about POS cut..

You've never had a good one done right. Like any beef a little salt and pepper is all it needs and the drippings will make you slap your granny. You'll never claim tenderloin is a good piece of beef afterwards, guaranteed.

Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back