If I could meet just one Vol, just one...

VolsByNature

DeletedPost Record Holder
It would be Inky Johnson.

Slow day at work so I'm watching some videos about Inky and just listening to him speak, God is doing something great with his life. Would be a honor to meet this guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Yeah, I would probably say Manning or General Neyland. But there are so many others - Holloway, Reggie White, Doug Atkins....

Johnny Majors -- although I think I might be a little overwhelmed. He was the player I most remember my Dad talking about from my earliest memories. He was our coach when I went to school at UTK. To me, he's almost larger than life. But I would love to have the chance to personally thank him for all he's done for Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
Meeting Mr. Holloway was pretty neat. Real down to earth guy, seems very happy with where he is in life. For me, it'd have to be Manning.

Rod Wilks!!

Oh wait! I met him when he worked at Toot's in Smyrna while he was still in high school and was a Tennessee verbal. lol.

Oh, and let me tell ya!!! He was a beast. He was like 14' tall and 6,000 lbs pure steel!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Id say Craig Faulkner. It was the early 90's when I started getting in to football and was old enough to know what was going on. It was a great time and he was my favorite Vol.GBO

A Vol Hostess?

Seriously, I would think guys like Cafego, Beaty Feathers, or any of these guys who might have been around when UT was going undefeated 4 consecutive years and such. Being able to absorb that history first hand would be amazing!

Also, Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds, to get the true story behind that nickname...something about a VW bug sawed in half.

Last edited:
Have meet and talked w Inky Johnson, Todd Kelly, Todd Helton, and Shaun Young many times at the gym. Played golf w Shaun a few times. Inky is a very cool guy, definitely has his priorities in order ( God 1st)
As for who I'd like to meet, I'd say Peyton, like probably most will, but can't think of anybody I can say I'd like more. Maybe Al too.

Reactions: 1 person
I would have to say Eric Berry. I remember he tweeted something to the fact when he had his acl surgery that went something like this "Doctor kinda freaked out when they cut me and found out that I bled orange".

He is a true Vol and someone that will always back UT.

:rock:

Joshua Dobbs, 2016 Heisman trophy winner and MVP of the College Football Championship game!!!

A Vol Hostess?

Seriously, I would think guys like Cafego, Beaty Feathers, or any of these guys who might have been around when UT was going undefeated 4 consecutive years and such. Being able to absorb that history first hand would be amazing!

Also, Jim "Hacksaw" Reynolds, to get the true story behind that nickname...something about a VW bug sawed in half.

It is Jack Reynolds who played for the VOLS. Jim "Hacksaw" Duggan was a wrestler.

VN Store

Back