If I could meet just one Vol, just one...

It would have to be Carl Pickens...... Man I just loved him. Backyard football i was always him. My buddies would be montana rice or elway but i would always say pickens. Man i loved him!!!

Rod Wilks!!

Oh wait! I met him when he worked at Toot's in Smyrna while he was still in high school and was a Tennessee verbal. lol.

Oh, and let me tell ya!!! He was a beast. He was like 14' tall and 6,000 lbs pure steel!!!!!!
All jokes aside, if you've never had toots you need to put it on your to do list!! Great place to watch sports I usually go to murfreesboro location though

I would like to meet Eric Berry, but only if there was also a horse present.

Heath Shuler, a very interesting player and life story. I mean how many other Vols ended up in Congress? Representin'.... the Orange.

Jenny Wright

And even though he is not a Vol IMHO...Lane...so I could kick him in the ding ding

Last edited:
i would have to go with meeting hacksaw,there was bound to have been some corn in a jar involved

Jack Reynolds (American football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i all ways heard it was a VW :)
I knew Jack a little while I was at U.T. I lived in Reese Hall in room 429 as a freshman and sophomore. Jack was from Cincinnati and had a high school friend named Tom something. I can't remember his last name. Tom lived in the next room to me nearer the elevator on the same side of the hall.
Reynolds would come up occasionally and visit. This Tom guy graduated or left Reese after the 1967-68 school year, and I didn't see Reynolds after that except driving a Jeep through campus. The hacksaw incident was after the Ole Miss loss in 68 or 69, so I never saw him to ask about that. He was a wild and crazy guy though.

Reactions: 1 person
I know it isn't the same as meeting in person but there was a video made a few years ago with UT legends in sort of a round table discussion. It was very cool. I can't think of the name of it, though.

Rod Wilks!!

Oh wait! I met him when he worked at Toot's in Smyrna while he was still in high school and was a Tennessee verbal. lol.

Oh, and let me tell ya!!! He was a beast. He was like 14' tall and 6,000 lbs pure steel!!!!!!

To Bill Brasky!!!!!

It is Jack Reynolds who played for the VOLS. Jim "Hacksaw" Duggan was a wrestler.

Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds played for the Vols. The nickname had something to do with a game being lost and him being mad about it. In anger he cut an abandoned car in half. As to what car it was, rumors range from a Beetle and Porche to a Bel Air. Oddly, when I was younger, I seem to recall it had something to do with a divorce settlement. But the deed is why he has the nickname, Duggan not withstanding.

Now, who would I like to meet? General Neyland, hands down.

Larry Sievers best hands i've ever seen including fred Billitnikoff

YES! Sievers was my favorite player when I was a kid. My first Vol game was in Memphis against Miss St in the mid 70's, and I think Sievers was the only player I watched for most of the first half lol.

Johnny Majors -- although I think I might be a little overwhelmed. He was the player I most remember my Dad talking about from my earliest memories. He was our coach when I went to school at UTK. To me, he's almost larger than life. But I would love to have the chance to personally thank him for all he's done for Tennessee.

Have met him twice, he's genuine and hilarious.

VN Store

Back