If SEC took 2 more teams…

It's a market, just like NC. And there's a lot of people in VA outside of DC...

I’m not speaking about potential market. They do not have a great college football following in Va Tech or UVA. It’s just not that lucrative to bring said schools in to get their stuff pushed in by the SEC, in hope that more of their residents will want to spend money on college football.

I’m not speaking about potential market. They do not have a great college football following in Va Tech or UVA. It’s just not that lucrative to bring said schools in to get their stuff pushed in by the SEC, in hope that more of their residents will want to spend money on college football.

Its why Mizzou is in. $$$$

Texas A&M has an empty trophy case but same reason $$$$$$

Reactions: TrueOrange
Its why Mizzou is in. $$$$

Texas A&M has an empty trophy case but same reason $$$$$$

Why not bring in Miami, FSU, or Clemson if you want money?

Look at the NIL spending. There is a direct correlation between the amount of money a program can generate vs the amount they can afford to spend.

Look at the NIL spending. There is a direct correlation between the amount of money a program can generate vs the amount they can afford to spend.

I said Clemson, FSU, VT, and UNC and kick out MSU and Vandy....

I would agree with the UVA , but for a small foot print va tech has a lot bigger fan base than you are aware of

Reactions: YankeeVol

Unless Miami is great, they dont draw on TV. They dont fill stadiums.

You'd consistently make more $$$ adding WVU than the U...

The U was neck and neck with Duke on football viewership last yr.

I said Clemson, FSU, VT, and UNC and kick out MSU and Vandy....

Sorry. I’m having trouble keeping track of who I’m talking with tonight.

I would agree with the UVA , but for a small foot print va tech has a lot bigger fan base than you are aware of

I think they had a lot of Michael Vick fans who must have lingered for years. Aside from that, I doubt they would be in the top 50. (Only an educated guess)

Unless Miami is great, they dont draw on TV. They dont fill stadiums.

You'd consistently make more $$$ adding WVU than the U...

The U was neck and neck with Duke on football viewership last yr.

I found an interesting graph from a Va Tech post on 247. Notice the years. TN wasn’t very good, but still in the top 20. UVA not in the top 60.

1726455102760.png

TV ratings for college football teams

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Miami is a terrible culture fit. Louisville is a better fit, but does it really add value to the conference ? Nobody wants to split the $ w/ a team that’s not pulling its weight viewership wise. They won’t be competitive. They were the ACC runner up last season and lost to UK the week before the ACC Championship. Also, their basketball program has been the worst in the country the past 2 years.

UNC is really the only team worth adding bc it expands the footprint and they have a huge alumni base . If you want to start thinking in terms of basketball you take Duke and Carolina bc it gives you arguably the best rivalry in football w/ Bama and Auburn and definitely the best rivalry in basketball w/ Duke vs UNC. You throw Duke, UNC with UK and that’s 6 major college basketball games

VN Store

Back