If SEC took 2 more teams…

it would UNC and Duke or UVA and Kansas most likely.

New markets, boosts other sports without making football even more of a gauntlet

This. The SEC would want UNC & UVA and would take a tag-along or two to get them. I think the inclusion of Duke and Kansas or possibly NC State or VT (if required to get UNC/UVA) would definitely make us the premier conference in all sports. If the breakaway from the NCAA does eventually occur, schools stand to make a lot more from College Basketball and the tourney. Programs like FSU, Clemson, and Miami add nothing we don’t already have.

For the sake of regional appropriateness, I'd say, except for North Carolina and Virginia, tell everybody else.
Keep a-knocking, but you can't come in. Come some other time and try it again.

Why? Everybody league needs/has a doormat. Why make it even harder and give prestige to those who are unworthy of it?

The only reason to add teams is $$$$. A&M, Mizzou, and USC werent added for because they were any good at athletics but solely because of $$$$. Might as well make as much $$$$ as you can....

Reactions: 05_never_again
The only reason to add teams is $$$$. A&M, Mizzou, and USC werent added for because they were any good at athletics but solely because of $$$$. Might as well make as much $$$$ as you can....
I agree, but that doesn’t mean you have to kick out the bad teams. There still needs to be the Panthers, Wizards, White Sox etc…It’s not a terrible thing to have the worst P5 program as our in state neighbor.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
JMHO (which means nuttin). We have enough FB juggernauts., too much! IF...... we expand my thoughts are UNC and Duke. Great legacy Basketball programs (womens also), good TV markets, still in the south, and very good academic institutions. Just my 2 cents so I guess I owe 2 cents...Ha

GBO

VN Store

Back