If we beat the ducks....

Somehow i doubt you'd do it. That WKU who kept his word and sat in fountain to sing Rockytop was a MAN of his word. I just don't believe you have the same kind of courage to do what you say. Run naked through downtown Portland.. Must have video and no green screen to chroma key a fake video.

Well damn...he actually did it...

The Challenge Finale - YouTube

Reactions: 1 person
Question is pretty silly. A win over Oregon puts TN at 3 - 0 with a win over the #2 ranked team in the country on the road, of course they would be ranked.

Question is pretty silly. A win over Oregon puts TN at 3 - 0 with a win over the #2 ranked team in the country on the road, of course they would be ranked.

I don't think it's silly at all. Look at Miami. They have been nothing for a Long time. They didn't just crack the top 25 they jumped to 15! (Not the coaches poll... I get that)

If it was UT beating Florida last week there would have been NO WAY the AP would have put us at 15. Automagically the love affair with Miami is back on.

Maybe we crack the 24 or 25 slot. Not 15. Sorry.

If we beat Oregon....huge if... I get that. I bet the AP puts us in the top 25, but barely.

ESPN doesn't hate us nearly as much as the AP. lol

If Miami is 6-0 after No.Car. they will probably be unanimous No.1 in the polls. Media loves Miami almost as much as ND ,SC,and Michigan.

If Miami is 6-0 after No.Car. they will probably be unanimous No.1 in the polls. Media loves Miami almost as much as ND ,SC,and Michigan.

True and I kind Of hope that they remain there so in the national championship Alabama can give them a Notre Dame style beat down

Thanks

Jim

Yes, Top 25.... and an 8 win team IMO.... yeah I said it....

If we can get this win, I don't see any reason we can't win 9-10. A hostile environment on the road, against the number 2 team in the country, would boost this teams confidence significantly.

To put this in perspective; if I was the 2nd ranked team in the nation with one of the best offenses in cfb, I'd be horribly embarrassed to lose to a Tennessee team as thin and green as we are.

Temple over Virginia Tech in 1998, went in winless and beat out # 5

Appalachian State went in and schooled Michighan in 2007

2002 Ohio State came in after a 7-5 record and proceeded to whoop defending national champions Miami

2007 Stanford loses it's quarterback, and comes in with the backup to play number 1 ranked USC....and wins.

further back, and possibly more apt....1975 Kansas was unranked and hadn't beat Oklahoma in 11 years, Oklahoma was on a 37 game win streak dominating college football and ranked number 2.....Kansas shut them down and schooled them.

Just saying, like most games and life it's not about certainties it's about probabilities, but with many more x factors. A game of dice won't change based on how well you coach the dice thrower, or with how much passion you throw em....so college football is even more unpredictable, and anyone whose sat at a craps table knows how quickly improbabilities can just go on a streak.... We have both had major coaching changes.....there's a lot of questions about both of these teams, and very different outlooks about this game..

The odds are not in our favor, but college football is full examples of teams winning with much worse odds then we have now.....and given that both of our coaches are still question marks....anything could happen....a win may not be probable, but it's still much much more likely then many things people bet on everyday..... don't count this one as a done deal, and right now our defense has A LOT of momentum, and outside of these boards NO ONE is talking much about Tennessee. So we certainly have the advantage of surprise... ;) Don't count us out just yet.

...and if we lose, we can still likely beat Florida if they play us as badly as they did Miami, and not care....:p WIN / WIN

Yes, and I will return to my 90's level obnoxiousness. I am talking over the top obnoxiousness. I miss those days. I will get kicked out of Kentucky and people will be embarrasses to be near me. I will mention that win in every conversation I have. (replacing our 88-58 win over UK)

True and I kind Of hope that they remain there so in the national championship Alabama can give them a Notre Dame style beat down

Thanks

Jim

You lost me here. No VOL fan should ever want Alabama to win anything. I don't understand a "loyalty" to the SEC meaning it's ok to ever cheer for Bammer to win. :no:

You lost me here. No VOL fan should ever want Alabama to win anything. I don't understand a "loyalty" to the SEC meaning it's ok to ever cheer for Bammer to win. :no:

As much as I hate bammer... and florida... and everyone other than the Vols.

9 out of 15 BCS Championships coming home to the SEC has a nice ring to it :peace2:

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back