If We Could Play 1 Team @ Home in the CFP

Ole Miss fainting goats. Call it „The Mustard Bowl“
Yes and the entire UT student section should have yellow Frenchs mustard shirts on their seats to wear during the game. The television folks would love this. Even Kiffin would laugh and approve.

Love to have you guys back at Autzen, you've got great fans. And I'm sure the Vols would have pay back in mind. Can't blame you.
A game at Autzen is on my bucket list. I’ve heard that the way it is constructed really helps keep in the noise. Our fans would love that. Plus you are in a beautiful part of the country that most of our fan base has probably never visited.
I am wondering if the NCAA will set some sort of rule that the home team must offer a certain percentage of their capacity to the visiting teams to sell.
My thought would be that the visiting school should be offered 20% but if they don’t sell them in a short period of time, they must then be returned to the host school to sell.

It’s the offseason, I like to refer to it as “List Season” or “Hypothetical Season” because that’s what a lot of the college football sports talk shows or podcasts only have to talk about in early May.

My question is this…

Let’s say we make the CFP this season and we go 10-2 and get to host a game as a 5-8 seed in Neyland (remember 5 seeds will host a Group of 5 school like Liberty or Coastal Carolina or Memphis). Who do you want in Neyland Stadium in a Playoff atmosphere?

My top 3
1)Notre Dame
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
The long-term respect is in beating Ohio State.

With Saban gone, they are the big dog now. Give them a good, Heupel offense, several touchdown beat down and watch recruiting go crazy.

Last edited:
A game at Autzen is on my bucket list. I’ve heard that the way it is constructed really helps keep in the noise. Our fans would love that. Plus you are in a beautiful part of the country that most of our fan base has probably never visited.
I am wondering if the NCAA will set some sort of rule that the home team must offer a certain percentage of their capacity to the visiting teams to sell.
My thought would be that the visiting school should be offered 20% but if they don’t sell them in a short period of time, they must then be returned to the host school to sell.
Yes, Oregon is a beautiful state, just like Tennessee. As for 20% of Autzen to an opponent, NO WAY, I'm thinking 2% should be the max. Percentage basis is a tax on smaller stadiums. We have Ohio St fans buying season tickets to get into Autzen. Or ticket packages.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Yes, Oregon is a beautiful state, just like Tennessee. As for 20% of Autzen to an opponent, NO WAY, I'm thinking 2% should be the max. Percentage basis is a tax on smaller stadiums. We have Ohio St fans buying season tickets to get into Autzen. Or ticket packages.
I agree. I’m wondering if they will distribute tickets to on campus CFP games the way they typically do for away games. It will also be interesting to see what the attendance from the opposing team is, given that the first round CFP games are the weekend before Christmas.

1. Ohio State (my wife is a fan so that would be interesting)
2. Notre Dame (consistently overrated every. single. year.
3. Florida. (I want to beat their sorry @sses as much by humanly possible in one season.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back