If you could take a player...

Of course every team could use clowney.

It doesn't mean his addition would be the most helpful compared to someone else

I think QB is a bigger area of need this season. No matter how good a DE is he won't have nearly as big of an effect as a QB.

I'd take Murray

Reactions: 2 people
I think QB is a bigger area of need this season. No matter how good a DE is he won't have nearly as big of an effect as a QB.

I'd take Murray

It's a good point, but if we don't have a servicable QB on the roster, then Dooley saddled us with much, much deeper problems than we realized.

Clowney = Peyton Manning of collegiate DEs. Todd Kelly (Sr) once beat Florida single-handedly.

I have to agree with omghulkhands. An experienced quarterback would ease our offensive transition somewhat and help us to pull out a win or two that our young qbs might not, particularly early in the season. Given Butch's offensive scheme, Manziel might be the best fit but I'm not sure I would take him over Aaron Murray. McCarron would deserve consideration but I'm still not convinced that he could carry a team, if forced to, as a passing quarterback. And he would be forced to do so at Tennessee, given the fact that we don't currently have anywhere near the supporting cast that he has at his disposal at Alabama.

Dominique Easley - DT, Florida OR Anthony Johnson - DT, LSU

Either of these guys to go along with McCullers up the middle.

CLOWNEY....I am going to call it, Manziel will not have near the production or stats of last year this year. Teams will be better prepared and he will hit a slump.

Reactions: 1 person
Clowney hands down put him on the same side as McCullers... Wow that's a lot of one on one for somebody.

Clowney would not be on my list of priorities TBH. I think I good monster back to take pressure off the passing game for the new QB would be the best thing right now. Maybe Yeldon or Gurley.

Problem is "Worley hands off to Gurley" just doesn't sound intimidating.

Reactions: 3 people
Offense - Murray
Defense - Clowney

...and it's not even close between which one I'd chose over the other.

Clowney...all day, every day.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back