If you could take a player...

CLOWNEY....I am going to call it, Manziel will not have near the production or stats of last year this year. Teams will be better prepared and he will hit a slump.

I dont know how much the off the field stuff will effect him, but manziel's season was no fluke

Reactions: 2 people
Clowney would not be on my list of priorities TBH. I think I good monster back to take pressure off the passing game for the new QB would be the best thing right now. Maybe Yeldon or Gurley.

Problem is "Worley hands off to Gurley" just doesn't sound intimidating.

Kesling started wringing his hands just reading your last statement.

Reactions: 2 people
I dont know how much the off the field stuff will effect him, but manziel's season was no fluke

Agreed, Johnny M is no fluke, but A&M fans have to hope he doesn't end up like Bray...not comparing the 2 and not hating on Bray...but in terms of kinda blowing up expectations as a Freshman, then not really developing much from there.

With that said, minus all of the off the field distraction, I'd like to see Manziel in Orange.

Last edited:
This is coming out of right field but I would say Marcus Roberson and Loucheiz Purifoy. Maybe even Andre Hal.

I think a really strong CB would cut off half of the field for the Defense and allow our LBs and DL to rush more.

I mean, Clowney, of course, would be awesome and so would Manziel, but since everybody's sayin that, I thought I would offer a different perspective.

Aaron Murray

I agree that Clowney seems to be the best player in CFB right now, but having a good, experienced QB behind center would be more effective for the 2013 Vols.

Manziel's a solid pick, too, for obvious reasons. Kid is an incredible scrambler, and draws the entire D in like Tebow did.

Todd Kelly (Sr) once beat Florida single-handedly.

That story sounds pretty Wilkesque to me. I remember watching that game on TV. Yes, TK dominated that game from the DE position.

That being said, UF was between a rock and a hard place that season having to start a true FR at right tackle. TK was a SR and schooled the kid all day. Can't remember the kids name, but by the next season he was a beast and nobody abused him. Ended up being All-SEC for them iirc.

Reminds me of how UF abused C James Stone in the swamp a few years back. Also reminds me of how Alex Brown freaking abused #2 ranked UT in 99', only we can't cry "freshmen" on that OL!

It's 22 players every play. Nobody beats anybody single handedly, except in media hype and fan folklore.

I'd take Johnny Football for UT. The guy brings the X factor. Our offense may really need that this year. I think our D will be much improved this year.

Would love to see what Butch could dial up with that kid.

RB Derrick Henry from Bama :eek:. I think this kid is going to be special, and you could have him 3 years to Clowney's 1. Henry and Hurd in 2014 could be unstoppable. Henry would also help a ton this year,especially with our great o-line this year.

From another sec school, who would it be?

One player only

None of them. My reason? I would simply move Channing Fugate to FB and use him behind our OL as a battering ram to move the chains down field. It's darn shame we're letting that monster ex-RB go to waste. In doing so,we have literally thrown away a Mike Alstott 2.0. It's &&^%$*()$#@!) shame!

Not sure I'd pick Aaron Murray's big game woes over McCarron, jmo. Not sure I'd pick anyone over Clowney.

Clowney is a great player but DE is just 1/11 on a defense. QB has an enormous weight on an offense. Not to bash Clowney but 1/3 of his entire season was just in the Clemson game.

Murray, hands down, without a doubt. He can scramble and buy time for plays to break down or just get 4-10 yards on his own. That's exactly what we need this year after losing all 3 of our top WRs and our TE.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back