Injuries Oline

Somebody help me out here. We have been lacking quality OL depth since 2013. How is this possible with the way we have been recruiting on the OL??? How? Why is it that every stinking year we same the same thing about OL depth regardless of who the coach is?

Because since 2013 coaches insist on Dayne Davis as our first OL off the bench

I can only speak to RUMOR flying around over the weekend is that his agent doesn't want him playing unless he's 100%.
I dismissed it as just that, RUMOR, but then have found it was some of the same with his time at LSU as well.

That said, it's all RUMOR and I really don't see Heupel and Company bringing him in if that was the case at LSU.

FWIW - in the preseason, a lot of folks had the Defensive secondary listed as the number issue to overcome during the season. I have always said it's the O Line depth. Until we get back to full scholarship strength and can recruit more, it's going to be the shortcoming of this team.
I hate this crap. Hate rumors like this bc it attacks the character of the kid. That said IF true I wouldnā€™t bring him back at all after this year. Donā€™t care about the talent itā€™s the example.

Letā€™s never overlook Florida. They have plenty of athletes but just canā€™t put it together - I DONā€™T hate it for them.
I wish nothing but the worst for Florida (except injuries. I donā€™t like anyone getting hurt). But if UF never can put it together this year or ever, it will only bring me joy.

Somebody help me out here. We have been lacking quality OL depth since 2013. How is this possible with the way we have been recruiting on the OL??? How? Why is it that every stinking year we same the same thing about OL depth regardless of who the coach is?
Fun fact... All of the offensive linemen at Texas were recruited to Texas out of high school. I wish we could build depth by evaluating, recruiting, and developing talent but it seems like we're extremely dependent on NIL and the transfer portal. I don't know why none of Elarbee's recruits are contributing and I don't want to make assumptions, but we clearly need to recruit and develop that position better. Then again maybe we just accept it for what it is and live off the portal. Seems to be working for us and Ole Miss this season.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
There will be no newsā€¦until Wednesday week from now. This is the Way.

And even then Huepel will play it close to the vest as he doesn't ever seem to really report on players. I'd expect "Questionable", "Probable" to be used quite often even if they know they're a go.

More importantly I'm really hopeful that Heard isn't a locker room cancer as seems to be slowly leaking out (mainly from social media and people in this forum)

And even then Huepel will play it close to the vest as he doesn't ever seem to really report on players. I'd expect "Questionable", "Probable" to be used quite often even if they know they're a go.

More importantly I'm really hopeful that Heard isn't a locker room cancer as seems to be slowly leaking out (mainly from social media and people in this forum)
If CJH can manage it, and there are no locker room issues, I don't care. I don't read too much into rumors, especially as it relates to social media.

Because since 2013 coaches insist on Dayne Davis as our first OL off the bench
I've heard it said here before that Dayne should be playing guard instead of tackle, not being an expert on Oline play or anything else Football related is there any validity to that argument?

Dayne Davis is a great kid but hope he only has to play sparingly. He allowed two sacks/forced fumbles in the first half and if it wasn't for them giving it immediately back to us then it could have been a very different outcome.

He is a weak link for sure. He got beat repeatedly - doesn't look like an SEC level OT but not sure we have a better option.

He is a weak link for sure. He got beat repeatedly - doesn't look like an SEC level OT but not sure we have a better option.
LJ III looked good. I think if Heard or Campbell can't go, he will be next up. Davis spells Campbell and has looked decent in prior games. I think CJH will scheme to Davis with speed rushers, but if they overload the side that he is on, it won't work.

I've heard it said here before that Dayne should be playing guard instead of tackle, not being an expert on Oline play or anything else Football related is there any validity to that argument?

Heā€™s played both tackle spots, some guard - not sure if heā€™s played both sides in games, and center. Thereā€™s value to a guy that has been here 6 years in backup role & can do that. Will he get torched some by superior athletes? Yes, but I guess thatā€™s why heā€™s still a back-upā€¦. I thought LJ3 looked far better at left tackle when he came in & I hope coaches give him a look if Heard remains out

LJ III looked good. I think if Heard or Campbell can't go, he will be next up. Davis spells Campbell and has looked decent in prior games. I think CJH will scheme to Davis with speed rushers, but if they overload the side that he is on, it won't work.
LJIII was solid against the run. Feels like thereā€™s a chance he may turn into reliable tackle.

Yeah, but not playing doesnā€™t command top dollar NIL. He still needs a platform to showcase his skills.

nothing in his NIL deals says anything about playing. As long as he shows up for appearances, he gets paid.

your right about his skills which if true is why agent didn't want him out there versus OK.

nothing in his NIL deals says anything about playing. As long as he shows up for appearances, he gets paid.

your right about his skills which if true is why agent didn't want him out there versus OK.
Never suggested the first part. Not sure why an agent would convince a client not to play in a nationally televised game of the week in primetime.

Yeah heā€™s not even sniffing a first round draft base on his limited body of work.
Yeah especially when the scouts ask his college coach about his work ethic and commitment and coach says ā€œno commentā€. I just canā€™t believe someone would be that short sighted, which makes me question the rumors.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back