Injury report

be surprised if Curt is able to play.. they are still saying he is not 100%

Dang, just getting my hopes up. But if hes not 100% it would make since to let him stay out and get ready for Florida where we have a slight chance.

Dang, just getting my hopes up. But if hes not 100% it would make since to let him stay out and get ready for Florida where we have a slight chance.

It is, indeed, sounding iffier with respect to Maggitt. Fast-forward to roughly the 2:30 mark of the "Vol Report: The Little Things" (#VolReport: The Little Things - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics). Yesterday Butch specifically stated that Curt Maggitt is getting better each day but, "if we were playing tomorrow, he would not play." He reiterated, however, that Jacques Smith will play against Oregon.

Dang it!! Two little ole games played & sounds like the wheels are coming off. Haven't got to any meat of schedule yet. But never fear, Butch will be ready to go with somebody.

It is, indeed, sounding iffier with respect to Maggitt. Fast-forward to roughly the 2:30 mark of the "Vol Report: The Little Things" (#VolReport: The Little Things - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics). Yesterday Butch specifically stated that Curt Maggitt is getting better each day but, "if we were playing tomorrow, he would not play." He reiterated, however, that Jacques Smith will play against Oregon.

I forget ... can Jacques and J.Williams play on opposite sides?

And what about Vereen ... ready yet?

Good grief I wish I hadn't opened this thread. Expected Bolwes and Devrin and maybe even Curt for Oregon. But Pig out for this one and Curt possibly missing Oregon and Florida? Ouch.

Reactions: 1 person
Leg injury

He was running alongside Cam Sutton and jumping with him after his pick 6. Did not appear to have any limp or hinderance. Not sure what to think of this. If his calves were truly swollen, then it would have to be a liver or kidney issue caused by infection making fluid to pool up in his lower extrimities or a heart or vascular issue where blood is not fully pumping back up his legs. The heart/vascular one would likely keep him from returning so I never thought it was that. Based on the 2 month timeframe Butch gave us, I always speculated it was a grade three calf sprain or fluid buildup from an infection. We most likely wont know until he is close to coming back, and there is a good chance we will never really know

Is it me or do we always seem to have a lot of injures before big ball games. Every year it seems like we lead the ncaa in injures. While our competition stays healthy and ready to go. Devron young hase been injured more than he's played. Is it just bad luck or something else?

VN Store

Back